Jump to content

Is it me or is the input dying out?

Recommended Posts

Looks to me that there is less and less new input and even long going topics don't get much more feedback. This used to be different in former games. Even the tone is mild. And very few wishlists for the next issue. Codemasters need the input, no matter if they show or not seem to show any interest. And we need to keep the presure on regarding the important game issues.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have tried. I'm sure more people would if CM would actually respond and take part in discussions too. What's the point in discussing anything if we're not even sure they're listening?

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish another company started doing the official F1 games. Codemasters is doing the same mistakes every year. The AI is terrible, just plows through you ignoring that there's an object there. They dont listen to the fans, and I think their time doing F1 games has passed.

Just who made the decision, that playing a league with friends didnt need a save between sessions? Even in real life they have practice on Friday, Quali on Saturday and then race on Sunday!

  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Looks to me that there is less and less new input and even long going topics don't get much more feedback. This used to be different in former games. Even the tone is mild. And very few wishlists for the next issue. Codemasters need the input, no matter if they show or not seem to show any interest. And we need to keep the presure on regarding the important game issues.

People have asked for putting exterior cams into assists since the very start and in many threads. Not so much as even a "**** off" from the devs. 

A lot of people picked up this game after a long time off and CM is not doing themselves any favors retaining that customer base.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as long the casual game picks it up and continues then the money will keeping rolling in. 
 

This series has seen certain improvements but the core of the game is still showing the same bugs. Communication typically poor from Codies. Cycle will start all over again in March 2020

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Drat! In the latest eSports qualifer on Suzuka, I wasn't able to qualify even with the difficulty set to Medium 41 - how slow am I really in this game?!!!

In the wet? I got 5th on 85

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

It's a sinking ship, time to jump off...

It was launched with the cargo doors still open.... 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been giving feedback and offering input to Codemasters for years and it's the same silence every damn game, with very little change.

People have finally started getting the message and just not bothering... because what's the point? Nobody is listening anyway 🤷‍♂️

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they're focused more on Grid. Which by their own admission, IS simcade. And they got Fernando Alonso to consult on That title.

Seriously, who the hell is making decisions over there? F1 has a TCam assist and Weber/Butler while Grid, the "simcade", has a former F1 world champion consulting on it.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Looks like they're focused more on Grid. Which by their own admission, IS simcade. And they got Fernando Alonso to consult on That title.

Seriously, who the hell is making decisions over there? F1 has a TCam assist and Weber/Butler while Grid, the "simcade", has a former F1 world champion consulting on it.

 

Wouldn't surprise me as basically everything I've seen from it in my 20 hours of playing it so far makes it look like something that the A team developed, aka the F1 team.

Why in the world is their B team (the one working on Dirt Rally 2) significantly more competent and serious than their A team?! Year after year this is made painfully clear. The only ones who seem to be doing any meaningful work at all are the artists, but it doesn't look like they ever have much to do because the actual developers don't ever really add anything meaningful to the games. It's always just a bunch of shoddy half-baked features that sound good when advertised but turn out to be so poor in their execution that even I could do a better job of it on my own.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coffer said:

Wouldn't surprise me as basically everything I've seen from it in my 20 hours of playing it so far makes it look like something that the A team developed, aka the F1 team.

Why in the world is their B team (the one working on Dirt Rally 2) significantly more competent and serious than their A team?! Year after year this is made painfully clear. The only ones who seem to be doing any meaningful work at all are the artists, but it doesn't look like they ever have much to do because the actual developers don't ever really add anything meaningful to the games. It's always just a bunch of shoddy half-baked features that sound good when advertised but turn out to be so poor in their execution that even I could do a better job of it on my own.

Makes sense. Dirt Rally has its own issues, but they're largely due to infrastructure/racenet.  

The artists have done incredible jobs with Dirt, from the sound to the modeling.  The courses there also tend to me more accurate than F1's counterpart.  How is Monte Carlo rally more accurate than a circuit like Catalunya or Spa?  Dirt has the option to lock exterior cameras, but not in an open wheel F1 racer.  

F1 is fairly close to being great, it's just the "questionable" decisions that hurt it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×