G920 Steering Wheel Issue

Hello,

i have a problem with my G 920 in F1 2019. It seems that i have some sort of a steering help or something...Sometimes it feels very stiff and some time very loose. It is very hard to follow the path (line) i want to. It seems like it has it's own way - it is like it want's me to follow the guide line (which is off, but if i turn it on it seems like is trying to keep the car on that line).

It feels unplayable ...

Thank you ! 

13 hours ago, Aphazel said:

Hello,

i have a problem with my G 920 in F1 2019. It seems that i have some sort of a steering help or something...Sometimes it feels very stiff and some time very loose. It is very hard to follow the path (line) i want to. It seems like it has it's own way - it is like it want's me to follow the guide line (which is off, but if i turn it on it seems like is trying to keep the car on that line).

It feels unplayable ...

Thank you ! 

There is a steering assist in the Assists menu IIRC. If you're new to a wheel, I recommend you drive with assists off. (No ABS, no TC, no auto box)

• Like 1

Not new ..just reinstalled my windows...and now i have this issue.

Where exactly is the steering assist, because  i couldn't find it...

18 minutes ago, Aphazel said:

Not new ..just reinstalled my windows...and now i have this issue.

Where exactly is the steering assist, because  i couldn't find it...

Thought it was in the assist menu in-game. But it might not be in F1 2019, I haven't looked in the assists since I set them when getting the game.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, Aphazel said:

Hello,

It feels unplayable ...

Thank you ! 

Hi, same pb here.. don’t know what to do

Do you resolve the issue ? 😞

That i didn't...i wrote to Codemasters and they said it is not a known issue and that is not their problem...

Hi @Aphazel and @Maverick23uk,

Thanks for your posts.

If you are wanting to check your level of assists, I'd recommend starting a session, going to 'Options' (on your bottom right)> Preferences> Assists and checking you have the correct settings on there that you require. 

Also, try checking the settings on the below to make sure they are what you require:

Force Feedback and Steering Wheel setup for PC’s

If you have a steering wheel, the following options are available in the F1 2019 controller setup screen.

Dead Zone
This setting can be used to create a dead area around the centre of the wheel. If you feel the steering is too twitchy, increase this setting to increase the size of the dead zone. Note that a higher Linearity value (see below) may give a more desirable effect than increasing the dead zone, so consider trying that before increasing the dead zone.

Saturation
This alters the amount that you have to turn the wheel to make the car turn. Increase this if you feel the steering is too sensitive. Reduce this if you feel that you have to move the wheel too much to get around the corners.

Linearity
This dampens the information received from the inputs made upon the wheel and what you see in-game. Increase this if you are finding steering too responsive. Decrease this if you feel the steering is too sloppy.

As well as the above settings, the following force feedback wheel options are available.

Feedback Strength
The overall strength of force feedback. Caution: setting this value too high may cause oscillation and an unrealistic feel to the force feedback.

Wheel Weight
Higher values make the force feedback feel 'tighter' - only small changes in wheel orientation are required to cause large forces. This increases the perceived strength, but removes some of the subtlety and smoothness.

Environmental Feedback
The amount of force feedback from crashes, rumble strips, and other environmental effects.

Hope this helps

@BarryBL i'm not sure you understood what i wrote ...

I have all assists off. I do know how to setup my wheel and i'm playing a lot of driving games including the previous versions of F1.

This is an issue from the game i think (because only in this game i have this issue - also the only F1 from Codemasters with this issue).

It is like some sort of steering assist when you feel the steering wheel turning for me.

.... how to explain ? if i want to take different lines, the game turns my steering wheel to the "imaginary line"/"best line" or whatever.

Again, i have all assists off - i also try to turn on the assists and it is the same.

I didn't find any steering assists in the game..

Hi @Aphazel

If you believe it is an issue with the game, I will need more in depth information. This is so I can correctly pass on the issue to our development team, who would then attempt to re-create your issue. What I will need to do this for you is:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

Full Description Of your wheel settings:

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

Here is a movie with what happens : 

•  

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): - 1.18

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): Any mode does not matter !!!

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI? Any mode does not matter !!!

What happened in the lead up to the problem? nothing...that is just the way it is ..

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: no error 

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Steering Wheel G920.

Full Description Of your wheel settings: Steering Wheel G920.

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: the wheel is pulling to the right or left for no reason....

Aphazel and all,

I had this same problem.  I moved the controller to a direct USB connection on my MB ( not a port hub ) and I have not have the problem since.

Try this and see if it helps.

Ben

• Like 1

@BenDoverCommy mate ....i love you !!!!

@BarryBL & @Grexfr & @Maverick23uk

Here is the solving to my problem:

i had this driver installed (which worked until now on every game) - LGS_9.00.42_x86_Logitech.exe

so following @BenDoverCommy comment, i've uninstalled this drive and installed this:

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe

guess what ?!?! it's working like a charm !!!

• Agree 1