Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Requested Refund for new GRID: No meaningful multiplayer in this game

I am the old fan of Grid. I have 1500 online wins in RD GRID, and 2000 in Grid2. I had great expectations for this new Grid, because driving in promotion movies looks very good.

Now I disappointed greatly. I dont need such game for such money. Yes, game mechanics generally looks really good, its something between Grid and Grid 2, much more realistic than both and quite funny. Even with past-decade acidic and dull a bit picture it could be good. Even with so little amount of tracks (with really strange great 67Gb weight) - it could be good.

But it practically has no multiplayer!

And its no matter, that game crashes 2 times of 3 attempts to enter this option, and then disconnect come soon, if not crashed. It will be probably fixed later. But the system itself!...

I spent two years in Grid 2. Each night we fighted in hardcore session... it was true war, it was unbelievably great! Its just that, what I expected from new game also.

But here its totally impossible. Because here we have not such rooms, as well as sessions' list, made the lion's share of first Grid and series generally success. We have only random match without choise of something. Each time you will play with other players, most of which will run away after first race by different reasons, like it already checked in DR2.

Yes, we can create our own session. But how to attract players there? I have more than 100 friends in steam, the half of them from rally, other - from Grid.... but even they will think before entering, when I invite, because I wins too often. I skipped Grid Autosport, many friends now dont play at night.... for struggle we need not friends, but rivals! Which forced, may be, to play in this hardcore room as well as me! It will be the battle, it will be the game! Now - NO game.

Especially nice, that we see AI cars in online sessions. FOR WHAT A HELL? Who asked for it? Its simply unbelievable stupid and destructive. It was stupid and ugly in rally, especially in rallycross, but here it simply kill everything. If somebody wants to play with botes - he can go offline. Here they only destroy the game. We played without this **** for decades - but now we forced to eat it. NO! Do it yourself!

Technical problems simply crown game fail. Everything worked exellent with comfort system in RD GRID, worked good with less comfort in Grid 2, but now, with minimal system, it does not work. Its true Nemesis! No, if you will spit out to old fans' eyes in such way - they will go away. As for me, now I demand my money back.

The vast majority of online players, in fact all of them that I've spoken too, are saying the same.

Everyone is seriously disappointed with multiplayer.  And no word from Codemasters as to whether they can do anything to salvage it.

Grid Autosport's multiplayer was great fun.  I was expecting the same for this but alas is wasn't to be.  It's a real shame.

The game seem like a rushed out by the management.
The AI Cars are only there in MP to make up the numbers, as it seems they not expecting players to play it.
- That is if you can get into MP on Xbox.

The biggest Xbox One lobby I got into so far is 4 players which was Friday night.
- Couldn't find any lobbies on Saturady

Grid Autosport MP was great on the Xbox 360.

Yes! I saved my money, they gone back!

...Interesting fact, that in first Grid many people from poor countries were happy playing online with pirates version.

But now developers taken care on pirates version popularity in some other way....

What a shame.  My first ever refund for a game.  A very disappointed customer.  Not much else to say.

Hello, CM. Man I must say..I'm VERY disappointed with this new GRID 2019. I have all the other GRID games and this version is really a let down. I just spent $100 with Steam

to have this updated GRID game. How can this be ??? This new GRID falls very short. I truly love the original GRID game. For me, the go to have fun racing game. Lots of cars and lots of tracks. Where in the world are the city tracks in this game..???? Washington, Milan, Detroit etc. I was hoping to get a newly updated GRID game and all my favorite tracks are missing. WHY..????  PLEASE! PLEASE!! PLEASE !!! make a patch,update that would include all the tracks missing from the original GRID. I'm ready to ask for a full refund. I REALLY was looking forward to this new GRID 2019 game..... total let own. PLEASE FIX...  PLEASE !!!!!!!!

If cm simply removed ai from quickmatch we would have some great racing sessions.  They did this on DR 2.0 within the first month.  

My theory is that they are all hands on deck for the stadia launch.  I suspect they will come back to the xbox/ps/pc versions and update the multiplayer to remove ai at least.  The entire community is yelling at them to remove ai in every post on all social media and in this forum.  They certainly know where we stand.  And they can look at the number of players online and see no one is playing.  For now, I'll see you all on NFS.  Hoping they add pvp soon too!  These devs are really disappointing lately.