Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 Local Multiplayer PC + PS4Pro (crash while connecting)

Hi, all!

Help me to resolve this issue, please.

I have PC (Win8_x64) and PS4 Pro connected to home network by cable. Two licenced version F1 2019: PC-Steam, PS4 - PSApp. All versions updateted to last realese.

I've tried lot of times to create local multiplayer game but games crashes at moment when client found a server.

I'm entered local server IP (on client), client found server games, i push connect button and game crash. It does't matter where are server created (PS or PC).

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, SADman65 said:

Hi, all!

Help me to resolve this issue, please.

I have PC (Win8_x64) and PS4 Pro connected to home network by cable. Two licenced version F1 2019: PC-Steam, PS4 - PSApp. All versions updateted to last realese.

I've tried lot of times to create local multiplayer game but games crashes at moment when client found a server.

I'm entered local server IP (on client), client found server games, i push connect button and game crash. It does't matter where are server created (PS or PC).

Thank you!

You can appreciate there are not TOO many people who own both a console and a PC and maybe significantly less who have bought the game on each platform.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:16 AM, steviejay69 said:

You can appreciate there are not TOO many people who own both a console and a PC and maybe significantly less who have bought the game on each platform.

Actually I can imagine lots of people who own both a console and a pc, especially gamers, as it gives so many more options to play plus stops people hogging the one game machine lol. Much less likely as you pointed out would be the same home owning the same game twice on different formats. 

Isn't the problem here the simple one that cross play is not supported PERIOD? 2 pcs or 2 ps4 should be able to work but a pc and ps4 can't play online so I guess the LAN net code is so incompatible? Otherwise people would just set up there own manual online servers and enable cross play which is quite definitely not allowed by the software and hardware companies involved right now for this game. 

54 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Actually I can imagine lots of people who own both a console and a pc, especially gamers, as it gives so many more options to play plus stops people hogging the one game machine lol. Much less likely as you pointed out would be the same home owning the same game twice on different formats. 

Isn't the problem here the simple one that cross play is not supported PERIOD? 2 pcs or 2 ps4 should be able to work but a pc and ps4 can't play online so I guess the LAN net code is so incompatible? Otherwise people would just set up there own manual online servers and enable cross play which is quite definitely not allowed by the software and hardware companies involved right now for this game. 

I wouldn't have thought so. LAN removes the need to do the matchmaking of online or the invite system.

If anything, it SHOULD be the one way you CAN link two systems irrespective of platform. Might even be better as I have known people in the past suffer with two consoles on the same connection unable to use MP precisely because of the need for the network matchmaking requiring both clients to use the same ports on the router. So LAN offers them a way out, but as you say it might be that differences between the way they are implemented per platform stops crossplay.

However (and I don't own a console) XB and PC crossplay is a thing (per title) and Sony have opened up PS4 to it in the same way having maintained they would not previously.

Let's hope the OP can find a soul in the same position!

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I wouldn't have thought so. LAN removes the need to do the matchmaking of online or the invite system.

If anything, it SHOULD be the one way you CAN link two systems irrespective of platform. Might even be better as I have known people in the past suffer with two consoles on the same connection unable to use MP precisely because of the need for the network matchmaking requiring both clients to use the same ports on the router. So LAN offers them a way out, but as you say it might be that differences between the way they are implemented per platform stops crossplay.

However (and I don't own a console) XB and PC crossplay is a thing (per title) and Sony have opened up PS4 to it in the same way having maintained they would not previously.

Let's hope the OP can find a soul in the same position!

Yes I think its maybe hard coded not to allow crossplay even local. Back in the day my career was networks and getting machines to talk to each other was mostly possible as there was less corporate interference. I actually have pcs and ps4s and a ps3 and 2018 on both pc and ps4 but I didn't even think of the idea of racing a friend locally. Have 2 g29s so would have been fun but I'm sure it's not allowed rather than not possible. Interesting though! 

Should just be protocol based to be fair. Not even sure what protocols are used by MS or Sony in their respective networking code but the devices support standards.

A bit puzzled, like you say. Maybe it is hardcoded somewhere, who knows what instruments need to be signed to get the licences?