Sign in to follow this  

[Bug Report] Wrong wheel linearity or sensitivty at new stage start

Question

When starting a race on a newly loaded stage, the wheel sensitivity is very high on the first race start. When the counting ends and race starts, I need to just press pause and return to game and the sensitivity of the wheel is back to normal. But if I don't do that, the high sensitivity will stay until the race is finished.

That happens only when new stage or track is loaded and starting the race from first try. When the same track is restarted afterwards, the wheel sensitivity will stay normal. When switching to new stage, it will be very high again until pause is hit and returned to driving.

It looks like either linearity or sensitivity is reverted to default on first load of the stage.

This happens on all stages with all cars, also regardless of camera choice.

I am using Fanatec CSW V1 wheel

SENS: 540 // FF: 100 // SHO: 0 // ABS: Off // LIN: Off // DEA: Off // DRI: Off // FOR: 100 // SPR: Off // DPR: Off

System Spec
i7 4970K, 16GB RAM, 2x GTX970 (SLI)

16 answers to this question

I always felt like the cars were too "darty" and sensitive at points; I feel it most in the Fiesta. It does indeed tail off, so this could be it. Thanks for the tip about pausing.

Yes. Read of it on a local forum and can confirm, its actually quite noticeable difference. Quick tap of the pause menu at the start of every stage fixes it.

Same, G25.  It's quite embarassing how much better my stage times have been since I noticed this.

I haven't had the problem since the patch... and setting my steering linearity to -3. Anyone else?