Around the Globe - Trophy/Achievement problem

Hello there!

I'm writing here, because there is probably few people among us who likes to complete games on 100% (I'm one of them too).
The trophy/achievement "Around the Globe" states that we have to accumulate number of kilomteres equal to our globe.
Some user stated, that after almost 40h of playing, progress in achievements says it's only 6% ?! Is that really true? If yes, than this trophy requries enormous amount of grind. I can understand a little bit of grind after completing everything else, but this is just another level... 

I dunno, but this trophy/achievement will requrie hundrends of hours to finish. What's up with that Codies? Isn't this a little bit too much? I like the game very much, but I don't want to spend racing around an oval for 200 or 300 hours (if not more). DriveClub had perfect trophies, after finishing all events it requried a little bit of grinding, but not too much. And after dlc hit the store, almost everything was completed during finishing them.

Can somebody please explain what's the purpose of this trophy and why in gods name it requries so much grinding from us? Is it possible to lower the requriements?

• Agree 7

23 minutes ago, Patricko said:

Hello there!

I'm writing here, because there is probably few people among us who likes to complete games on 100% (I'm one of them too).
The trophy/achievement "Around the Globe" states that we have to accumulate number of kilomteres equal to our globe.
Some user stated, that after almost 40h of playing, progress in achievements says it's only 6% ?! Is that really true? If yes, than this trophy requries enormous amount of grind. I can understand a little bit of grind after completing everything else, but this is just another level... 

I dunno, but this trophy/achievement will requrie hundrends of hours to finish. What's up with that Codies? Isn't this a little bit too much? I like the game very much, but I don't want to spend racing around an oval for 200 or 300 hours (if not more). DriveClub had perfect trophies, after finishing all events it requried a little bit of grinding, but not too much. And after dlc hit the store, almost everything was completed during finishing them.

Can somebody please explain what's the purpose of this trophy and why in gods name it requries so much grinding from us? Is it possible to lower the requriements?

Most of the achievements and accolades are bugged. They're not tracking.

Hi Patriko I was browsing the psnprofiles forum and saw your post I messaged SolidNinjaSnake from there and told him that this trophy might be bugged as I have completed half or the career mode and noticed accolades are not tracking to do with overtakes, drifting and racing line etc. 

Go have a look at your accolades/achievements none of mine are completed which makes me think the trophy for miles driven is broken too.  

Someone must've already gotten it, if you believe Steam statistics (or they unlocked it with some tool)

image.png.80261e1280450915336eddebe3634e23.png

According to my own stats right now, it too would take me at least 500 more hours to complete..

Edited by imbbs

The requirements are just damn right stupid put it this way if you said the trophy/achievement was for 40,000km driven, Now lets take a famous Formula 1 track like Monza that is 5.793km that is over 6900 laps yes 6900 laps now in Formula 1 they do 53 laps round Monza so that's roughly 130 @ 53 lap races, A lap round Monza in a Formula 1 car is around 1min 20secs so that's over 150 hours doing laps around Monza in a Formula 1 car non stop, I just thought i would lay some figures out so people can see how stupid this trophy is i know these are not exact but still pretty stupid.

Any updates on this? Who is community manager on Grid forums? Can somebody ping them here so they will know about the problem? 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Patricko said:

Any updates on this? Who is community manager on Grid forums? Can somebody ping them here so they will know about the problem? 

I got a reply from a community member in the topic i created about this a few days ago

you can't call it an answer to my question since he just said that playstation doesn't have a tracker option

Since we're signed in to racenet, our progress is being saved somewhere, they just need to make it visible for us

I still think this trophy is broken and people are wasting there time doing laps around Indianapolis to get the miles up

has no one read my comment on before and checked there objectives in the player profile ? go to milestones and scroll down i bet you any money none of you have unlocked any of the ones do to with Airtime, Braking Drifts, clean sections, Drafting, Drift, fastest laps, Feint Drift, gear shifts, good corners, handbrake drift, near miss, outside pass, overtakes,power drift, powerslide, proximity, racing line, slingshot, two wheels and undercut ? 

If those are not being tracked why on earth do you think miles you do are being tracked ?

Ok, so @PJTierney or @ChrisGrovesMCM. Could anyone look up at the problem and let us know if everything is all right and explain to us (if it's possible) why do we have to grind such a ridiculous amounts of kilometers for one trophy?  

11 hours ago, Patricko said:

Could anyone look up at the problem and let us know if everything is all right and explain to us (if it's possible) why do we have to grind such a ridiculous amounts of kilometers for one trophy?  

Believe that has been mentioned elsewhere but yes, we're investigating the progress tracking of accolades and achievements to make sure they're correct 🙂

16 hours ago, Boyd12 said:

has no one read my comment on before and checked there objectives in the player profile ? go to milestones and scroll down i bet you any money none of you have unlocked any of the ones do to with Airtime, Braking Drifts, clean sections, Drafting, Drift, fastest laps, Feint Drift, gear shifts, good corners, handbrake drift, near miss, outside pass, overtakes,power drift, powerslide, proximity, racing line, slingshot, two wheels and undercut ? 

I've already raised the topic of certain accolades not triggering at the correct time for players and the team are investigating 🙂

• Agree 2

What I'm doing ... every day I'm laping indianapolis oval  250 laps.. this gonna give me 1.000 km a day ... I already did  5 days  and that's what I gonna continue.  And see what's happening  this **** gonna take me almost 1 month Saturdays and sundays I double  to 2.000 km so I dont know I think I'm halfway  if anyone wanna add me MICHAEL_-_GHOST  soon I active this trophy I will let guys know ...just to remember y'all no one on ps4 got that trophy ... (EVERY 99 LAPS TAKES ME 58 MINUTES  I'm doing laps aroun 35.2 35.5 seconds)

On 10/19/2019 at 6:34 AM, Michael989A said:

What I'm doing ... every day I'm laping indianapolis oval  250 laps.. this gonna give me 1.000 km a day ... I already did  5 days  and that's what I gonna continue.  And see what's happening  this **** gonna take me almost 1 month Saturdays and sundays I double  to 2.000 km so I dont know I think I'm halfway  if anyone wanna add me MICHAEL_-_GHOST  soon I active this trophy I will let guys know ...just to remember y'all no one on ps4 got that trophy ... (EVERY 99 LAPS TAKES ME 58 MINUTES  I'm doing laps aroun 35.2 35.5 seconds)

which car do you use for this?

I wouldn't do anything as long as they won't response with a fix. Nobody got it so far, so it must be bugged because I can't believe it will take so long to grind it. Driving right now can be a waste of time. 

9 hours ago, Patricko said:

I wouldn't do anything as long as they won't response with a fix. Nobody got it so far, so it must be bugged because I can't believe it will take so long to grind it. Driving right now can be a waste of time. 

40.000km..

I don’t think it’s bugged..it takes just a lot of time.. even if you grind it daily.

Any One or PC players around here? They should see if the Achievement counter gets up..

There wasn't a Codemasters game without a broken trophies since a long time. So I assume it's broken here too. The fact that nobody still have it is just kinda a confirmation. Even platinum in Gran Turismo Sport was obtained faster than this one, so yeah... 

40kkm is just way too much for such a short game. They went over their heads with that number. Dunno what they were thinking? "Let's put some enormous number of required kilometers so they will have to grind over and over on one track." 

I think, that from some time, people who are responsible for trophies and achievements in Codemasters games don't like their job and makes us grind to the oblivion. 

8 hours ago, Patricko said:

There wasn't a Codemasters game without a broken trophies since a long time. So I assume it's broken here too. The fact that nobody still have it is just kinda a confirmation. Even platinum in Gran Turismo Sport was obtained faster than this one, so yeah... 

40kkm is just way too much for such a short game. They went over their heads with that number. Dunno what they were thinking? "Let's put some enormous number of required kilometers so they will have to grind over and over on one track." 

I think, that from some time, people who are responsible for trophies and achievements in Codemasters games don't like their job and makes us grind to the oblivion. 

Even in GT6 i did the 12,718 km trophy and that was an stupid and pointless end game grind and GRID has way less content to offer yet they want us to clock up over 3 times that and no in game tracker lol.

12 hours ago, Patricko said:

The hardest/longest Trophy in GTS (Level 50) was glitched a long time to get it easy and quick..

Here you‘ll have to drive ~ a month, if you grind very much, every day. (like @Michael989A posted before)

So we will have to wait a little longer, until we „know“ if it’s bugged.

I still hope it’s not, but your right, the last Codemaster games had bugged trophies 😐

Edited by m1ke82

Before I would start grinding I would like to know if it's even making progress. Some confirmation from Codies would be nice here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, m1ke82 said:

Any One or PC players around here? They should see if the Achievement counter gets up..

So far it goes up on PC, but I've already finished the Career, so probably won't have a chance to investigate further.

Untitled-1.png

• Like 1

As a trophy hunter...this game is going from really fun to play to really boring thanks to this trophy......

• Agree 1