Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Around the Globe - Trophy/Achievement problem

40kkm is ridiculous amount of grid... What they were thinking? They need to change this asap because that kind of grind is impossible. I'm not going to spend whole month with one game, driving in a circles on one track, over and over again... I can live with a week or two maximum, but a month (or even more)? 

GRIP had the same problem, they made trophies with ridiculous amount of laps and enemies to destroy. After contacting with them, they said that they miscalculated those trophies and they lowered the numbers in the next patch. That's how you support your game. It's not a problem for them to change. The biggest problem was always admitting to a mistake and not staying silent... 

What's going on Codies? 

Edited by Patricko
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Patricko said:

I'm not going to spend whole month with one game, driving in a circles on one track, over and over again... I can live with a week or two maximum, but a month (or even more)?

You sure that racing games are for you ? Doesn´t sound like you like them much lol...

I play every Forza game for 2 years until the new one comes out 😄

• Disagree 2

32 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

You sure that racing games are for you ? Doesn´t sound like you like them much lol...

I play every Forza game for 2 years until the new one comes out 😄

It's one thing to play a game with a warriety stuff to do and completely other to drive around in circles for one month...

On 10/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Believe that has been mentioned elsewhere but yes, we're investigating the progress tracking of accolades and achievements to make sure they're correct 🙂

I've already raised the topic of certain accolades not triggering at the correct time for players and the team are investigating 🙂

As someone who's been playing Codemasters games for decades, I'd be interested to know what the thinking is behind this kind of trophy. I personally don't see what merit they have; why not add trophies that are actually difficult?

I've always had a good time with Codies games, but these grindy trophies have been tainting the experience somewhat in the past few console generations. I suspect their addition was born out of cynicism, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Agree 2

Yeah, it would be really nice to know the reason of trophy with such a ridiculous amount of grind in a game that you can finish in a couple of nights.

It's like the whole game can take around 20 or maximum 30 hours to finish, but to plat it, it's gonna take like 500 hours...

What's the point of that? 

A race game fan like me will not stop to play the game when the career mode is done. I will get that achievement sooner or later. Seems like many people here play games only for the trophys and then do the same in the next game, rushing through only for the trophys. So i don´t care and hope nothing will change. Stop that whining pls 😛

It´s a trophy/achievement for all players that like the game and play it alot.

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 5

2 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

A race game fan like me will not stop to play the game when the career mode is done. I will get that achievement sooner or later. Seems like many people here play games only for the trophys and then do the same in the next game, rushing through only for the trophys. So i don´t care and hope nothing will change. Stop that whining pls 😛

F1 games ill put tons of hours into trophies or not where GRID is boring, After career is all gold what's the point in playing it anymore there is no content so only reason to play it more is to clear up the trophies with this trophy being one of them, Now if they had a career mode that would take 40,000km to gold all no problem if it stays fresh and new events but it doesn't i was expecting a career mode where you start in the slow cars and work your way up into the faster cars like GT games this game is just events not even a career mode.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I have fun driving race cars in games so i wont stop after the career is done. Just don´t buy race games if you would only play them to complete to get the trophys 😛

You don´t enjoy playing racing games if "Theres no content after the career is done"... You have all the cars and tracks to play with + Multiplayer...

I would be a bit proud when i get that achievement because i drove around the globe in GRID 😎

If you don´t want that then just don´t do it... 

Or can you not get to sleep because theres a TROPHY missing ? 😄

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 3

21 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

AK, this isn't about whether or not people choose to play a game only for its trophies. I'd personally be fine with Codies games not having trophies, but since they do, it's fair to question the quality of a trophy list just like you might do with any actual in-game content.

Trophies can improve the experience by encouraging you to try things in a game you normally wouldn't, or by challenging you to get better. There is no meaning to a trophy that just has you grinding, so the criticism is justified.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

I have fun driving race cars in games so i wont stop after the career is done. Just don´t buy race games if you would only play them to complete to get the trophys 😛

You don´t enjoy playing racing games if "Theres no content after the career is done"... You have all the cars and tracks to play with + Multiplayer...

I would be a bit proud when i get that achievement because i drove around the globe in GRID 😎

If you don´t want that then just don´t do it... 

Or can you not get to sleep because theres a TROPHY missing ? 😄

I love racing games when they are FUN and i go for the trophies on them for an example F1 2011 platinum takes like 30 hours i have over 500 hours played on that due to the game actually being fun trophies or not, I also done over 50,000km in GT Sport due to the game being fun where GRID doesn't have me entertained nor the content to went me to play past 2000 or 3000km let alone 40,000km, This trophy is just pointless and means nothing it's not a challenge it's just a bore you are missing the point of this thread.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I love racing games when they are FUN and i go for the trophies on them for an example F1 2011 platinum takes like 30 hours i have over 500 hours played on that due to the game actually being fun trophies or not, I also done over 50,000km in GT Sport due to the game being fun where GRID doesn't have me entertained nor the content to went me to play past 2000 or 3000km let alone 40,000km, This trophy is just pointless and means nothing it's not a challenge it's just a bore you are missing the point of this thread.

The point seems to be to make the trophys easier for people that don´t enjoy the game thats basicly what you said. And i say NO, Codemasters should leave it like it is to reward the people that actually ENJOY the game for a long time! 🙂

Edited by Ak1504
  • Disagree 4

11 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

The point seems to be to make the trophys easier for people that don´t enjoy the game thats basicly what you said. And i say NO, Codemasters should leave it like it is to reward the people that actually ENJOY the game! 🙂

There is no difficulty clocking up 40,000km i would rather they make it complete the whole career on hard or something worth putting the time into, Threads like this always get the trolls like you that have no clue what they are on about people here are not asking to make a trophy easy it's about making a trophy reasonable.

• Agree 3

On 10/23/2019 at 7:58 AM, m1ke82 said:

40.000km..

I don’t think it’s bugged..it takes just a lot of time.. even if you grind it daily.

Any One or PC players around here? They should see if the Achievement counter gets up..

I am on xbox, after getting gold in all events I am on 6%... I have a few more races to do to get enough to buy the last car and hit level 99 but not 93 99 laps of Indianapolis worth. Done one 99 lap race it took 75 mins, 93 times doing that is just over 116 hours. Yeah no thanks. I have better things to waste 116 hours on. Like another codies game with a ridiculous grind.

Complete the game ,and drive 50a70 times a oval lap a4km or 2.3mils 99laps succes al codemasters is do nothing dis trophy is not defect 

On 10/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, IITateyII said:

I am on xbox, after getting gold in all events I am on 6%... I have a few more races to do to get enough to buy the last car and hit level 99 but not 93 99 laps of Indianapolis worth. Done one 99 lap race it took 75 mins, 93 times doing that is just over 116 hours. Yeah no thanks. I have better things to waste 116 hours on. Like another codies game with a ridiculous grind.

You need to use a faster car. 99 laps should only take 59-61 minutes. With the Porsche 917/30 in the Invitational Group 7 class, 37 sec laps are easily possible, even if you're only half paying attention and bouncing off of walls, with many in the 35-36 sec range. Still 93-95 hours to get that last 94% but less than 116.

4 hours ago, Leroyt24 said:

Complete the game ,and drive 50a70 times a oval lap a4km or 2.3mils 99laps succes al codemasters is do nothing dis trophy is not defect 

Definitely a lot more than 50-70 99 lap races. That assumes you'd be at 30-50% when you finish all the content in the game, when in reality you're closer to 6-7%, so you need to do the 99 lap race 93-94 times, taking 93 hours at an absolute minimum. And that's if it will even count your miles, which a decent amount of the time for me it doesn't. The game has registered no progress for me on the achievement tracker since the latest update despite doing 500+ laps at Indy now.

@ChrisGrovesMCM Would it be too much if we asked you to check with the team if this trophy is working OK after the patch? I wouldn't like to waste many hours without any progress at all.

Also it would be nice to get know if there are any changes coming to this trophy/achievement? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Patricko said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM Would it be too much if we asked you to check with the team if this trophy is working OK after the patch? I wouldn't like to waste many hours without any progress at all.

Also it would be nice to get know if there are any changes coming to this trophy/achievement? 

I've done 10 hours since the patch update and would hate to know it's not counted.

Hopefully it's all logged on racenet servers or on the playstation itself 'fingers crossed'

I have noticed no-one has got the trophy on psprofiles since the patch hit so can't clarify just yet.

Would love a mileage tracker added in-game too even if it can't be retroactive.

Hey all - I've spoken to the team about the Around the Globe achievement, to double check it's tracking correctly.

All tests so far have shown the achievement to be tracking correctly and no issues spotted, so I asked why some players may still be seeing their percentage of progression not increase. 

I asked if it might be to do with players hitting Restart instead of Continue at the end of races, causing race data to not be saved, but this is not the case - your mileage will increase even if you hit Restart. 

One potential reason the needle may not be moving for some is switching game profiles and/or beginning a new save. Platform OSs will track one game save's achievement progress - for example, if on one save you reached 50% on this achievement, then created a new save and played on that, your progress won't shift until you reach 50% once again.

We'll keep assessing this in-house to see if there's anything that's stalling progress on this achievement 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, potential91 said:

I've done 10 hours since the patch update and would hate to know it's not counted.

Hopefully it's all logged on racenet servers or on the playstation itself 'fingers crossed'

I have noticed no-one has got the trophy on psprofiles since the patch hit so can't clarify just yet.

Would love a mileage tracker added in-game too even if it can't be retroactive.

it should be count correctly on PS4, trophy was unlocked on 30th October and 3rd November. 🙂

(psnprofiles)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I‘m also working on this trophy and I was wondering: Where do you see your exact percentage towards the trophy? I‘m playing on PS4 and couldn‘t figure out, where you see that statistics. Tranks for a hint 🙂

Just now, ShineArt89 said:

Hi everyone. I‘m also working on this trophy and I was wondering: Where do you see your exact percentage towards the trophy? I‘m playing on PS4 and couldn‘t figure out, where you see that statistics. Tranks for a hint 🙂

There's no way of tracking it on PS4, some old fashioned guesswork is the only way I'm afraid, I "think" I'm 26 hours left of driving round Indy 99 lap races which is roughly 1hr per 99 laps and you need 9000 laps of Indy to hit the required distance (without doing any career) I'd guesstimate that career accounts for around 6% towards the total distance.

90 X 99 laps ~ 1hr a session is 90 hours and accounts for 1.1% towards the distance.

Hope it helps you get a guess on how many you need to do 

😁

• Like 1

Thanks man!

Another question: Does anyone know, how the Game tracks your driving  distance?

Because if it is tracked like in a real car, it should be enough to drive against a wall and hold down R2 for a couple of days ^^

..the fastest car can do 145km/h (if you turn off all support functions). With this method it would cost you 1 rubberband and 11.8 days ^^

11 hours ago, ShineArt89 said:

Thanks man!

Another question: Does anyone know, how the Game tracks your driving  distance?

Because if it is tracked like in a real car, it should be enough to drive against a wall and hold down R2 for a couple of days ^^

..the fastest car can do 145km/h (if you turn off all support functions). With this method it would cost you 1 rubberband and 11.8 days ^^

unfortunately only Xbox and PC players can test it..

@ChrisGrovesMCM Could you please provide insight as to the reasoning behind adding trophies like these? It doesn't teach you anything about the game, it doesn't challenge you to get better,  and there's no big payoff. It just ticks a box telling you you did it. But why do it?

Why have a trophy in a racing game that asks you to travel 16x the distance of the career mode (based on the numbers I've read in this thread)? In the context of trophies, this is inane. In the context of game design, this is poor design.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 1