Around the Globe - Trophy/Achievement problem

I agree with previous comments that this trophy should be patched to lower the distance requirement. I really enjoy chasing platinum trophies for games I enjoy like this one. I've finished the career mode, and I generally don't like playing racing games online, so really my best option for getting this trophy is mindlessly grinding for dozens of hours. Trophies are meant to make a game more fun and interesting and I feel like this one fails to do that. It doesn't encourage exploring the game or improving some aspect of your skill level as a player. I've had a ton of fun playing this game, and I'd hate to have that ruined chasing a trophy that makes the game a lot less fun.

• Agree 3

@ChrisGrovesMCMCould you tell us, if the dev team is doing anything with this trophy/achievement or they already skipped this problem? I mean lowering the requirements or putting some progress counter in PS4 version. 

12 hours ago, Patricko said:

@ChrisGrovesMCMCould you tell us, if the dev team is doing anything with this trophy/achievement or they already skipped this problem? I mean lowering the requirements or putting some progress counter in PS4 version. 

Hello,

The achievement/trophy won't be changed as some players have already unlocked it, but in terms of a progress tracker I'll keep chasing. There's been a general community request for a statistics page to be added, where players can see a bunch of stats including mileage. If this were to be added we'd have our tracker, so I'll keep chasing that one 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello,

The achievement/trophy won't be changed as some players have already unlocked it, but in terms of a progress tracker I'll keep chasing. There's been a general community request for a statistics page to be added, where players can see a bunch of stats including mileage. If this were to be added we'd have our tracker, so I'll keep chasing that one 🙂

Please do keep us all updated for a tracker having a trophy like this a tracker should of been there from day 1

Has anyone tried to automate this trophy on ps4 with ps4macro and remoteplay?

Also it should be possible to lower the requirement for the throphy after people unlocked it, it has happened to other games as well (e.g. Watch Dogs).

But otherwise a mileage counter would be nice. But it would also be interesting to know how the decision making for including such a throphy goes?  

49 minutes ago, Ice_nl said:

Has anyone tried to automate this trophy on ps4 with ps4macro and remoteplay?

Also it should be possible to lower the requirement for the throphy after people unlocked it, it has happened to other games as well (e.g. Watch Dogs).

But otherwise a mileage counter would be nice. But it would also be interesting to know how the decision making for including such a throphy goes?  

I only thought about doing macro with full speed and sometimes a little steer to the left so the car will unstuck from a wall. If you will find some better way to cheat this idiotic trophy please let us know. 

Some of you might not like my post, but honestly I can live with the achievement/trophy requirement. However, it would be nice to know the reason behind such an extremely high number (out of curiosity).

All I need is a tracker.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - I've spoken to the team about the Around the Globe achievement, to double check it's tracking correctly.

All tests so far have shown the achievement to be tracking correctly and no issues spotted, so I asked why some players may still be seeing their percentage of progression not increase. 

I asked if it might be to do with players hitting Restart instead of Continue at the end of races, causing race data to not be saved, but this is not the case - your mileage will increase even if you hit Restart. 

One potential reason the needle may not be moving for some is switching game profiles and/or beginning a new save. Platform OSs will track one game save's achievement progress - for example, if on one save you reached 50% on this achievement, then created a new save and played on that, your progress won't shift until you reach 50% once again.

We'll keep assessing this in-house to see if there's anything that's stalling progress on this achievement 🙂 

Thanks, Chris.

Is there any chance that the trophy conditions would be reconsidered and reduced? 

• Agree 1