POLL | Race Driver: Grid - Remastered

Race Driver: Grid remastered version, will you buy it?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If in a future Codemasters will launch a Race Driver: Grid remastered version for new console and new PC, would you buy it?

• Yes, without any doubts
    • No, I'm not interested

1 hour ago, LpMatt said:

I respect your opinion, really! I've created this topic not only for the poll, but also for reading, understanding other points of view and discussing on them all together...

But, do you really think that this new Grid is a step ahead of GAS (for example?) Rain races (ok, nice feature, but it is the only new thing?), poor number of tracks (no SPA, no Nurburgring, no Yas Marina and so on...) and cars (maybe compared to GAS has more auto, but not compared to the first GRID)...

Ok, they will publish other material in the future, but what we paid was for a full game, remember it...

Interesting how you mention "poor number of tracks" but would happily pay for a reboot that doesn't really improve upon content. Sure, Racedriver Grid is a great game but with Grid 2, Autosport and now Grid 2019 all taking care of things I can't see what extra it can bring to the table.

To be honest though, if you're a racing purist then you're asking the wrong question - a question which should be "if in the future Codemasters should release a TOCA reboot....."  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Classic circuits are Always the same, and right, racing on tracks is done over and over to improve skills. I can agree to have more tracks and more new urban tracks btw.

to Have something completely new is a nosense unless you wish for Space Driver: Grid, where you fly around the universe trying to catch first the flag on the planet target. :classic_biggrin:

There are plenty of alternative circuits as well as a near infinite amount of cities to choose from.

Lol @ Space Driver Grid.... You need to copyright that before someone steals it 🙂  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Interesting how you mention "poor number of tracks" but would happily pay for a reboot that doesn't really improve upon content. Sure, Racedriver Grid is a great game but with Grid 2, Autosport and now Grid 2019 all taking care of things I can't see what extra it can bring to the table. 

To be honest though, if you're a racing purist then you're asking the wrong question - a question which should be "if in the future Codemasters should release a TOCA reboot....."  

I would like to say that when new Grid was announced I istantly preordered it for pc, because I trust in Codemasters and I really like the series.
The only thing I did wrong was that I didn't inform about content, cars, tracks... Only images and some gameplay videos I saw.

Aniway, I make this simple comparison table with data that I've searched on the net (hope that are right):

image.png.2201d50d39dd1d7b2528ef5d82f234c9.png

As you can see, this new Grid have quite-half content compared to GAS, less locations than RD: Grid but 80 Layouts Tracks...

The poor number of tracks that I've told is referred to Locations (I don't mind if there are 75 track configurations for every location, Locations are the very contents)...

Reading this numbers GAS is the best about contents, but as I said yesterday to another user the problem of GAS was the single player mode (no own team, no own livery, no own sponsors, no assuming/firing teammates...).

Race Driver Grid (2008) in this case has the best career mode of EVERY PC GAME ever made until now, imho, and keeped me involved to finish it.

Maybe I will restart to playing it in a while "parking" this new one...

Edited by LpMatt
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe this is the reason we love some GRID games and some not. The list of real life racing tracks in GRID games so far. I love the track choices in first GRID game and i like the number of tracks in GAS. Track list in new game isn't interesting at all 🙂

Race Driver GRID (2008):

1. Circuito del Jarama
  2. Nürburgring GP
  3. Donington Park
  4. Istanbul Park
  5. Le Mans
  6. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

GRID2 (2013):

1. Red bull ring
  2. Yas marina
  3. Indianapolis
  4. Autódromo do Algarve
  5. Brands hatch

GRID AUTOSPORT (2014):

1. Autódromo do Algarve
  2. Circuit of the Americas
  3. Mount Panorama
  4. Brands Hatch
  5. Hockenheimring
  6. Indianapolis
  7. Istanbul Park
  8. Circuito Del Jarama
  9. Circuit Mont Tremblant
  10. Red Bull Ring
  11. Sepang International Circuit
  12. Spa-Francorchamps
  13. Yas Marina Circuit

GRID (2019):

1. Indianapolis
  2. Sepang International Circuit
  3. Silverstone Circuit
  4. Sydney Motorsport Park
  5. Zhejiang Circuit

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I am curious, does someone still play RD GRID on PC today? If do , contact me 🙂

Well, I think that maybe this week end I will make some download (graphics mod improvements and then some other contents download like the 8ball Dlc and some things like this...)... When it’s all ready I restart!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I literally bought OG Grid on the PC a few days ago and I'm not disappointed, for the most part, there's a few flaws in the game, but it's overall a great experience, rubberbanding, grid positions being a borky, a few cars being exclusive unavailable to buy in your own team, and the fact it's 2008 so it has a brown filter and desaturated sucks (that's easy enough to fix by editing the xml files and adding ReShade to increase color) but that's all I have to complain about after playing this game for a couple days, and I'm done with the first 2 tiers in career and won Le Mans in lmp1, so I've played quite a lot. and I'll attribute crashes and graphical issues due to my system being so new (R5 2600/ GTX 1660 Ti) rather than the game's fault. I figured official servers were down due to it's age, and it's a little disappointing to not be able to enjoy the DLC, but I really enjoy the game, even for it's age 8.75/10

Now about a Remaster... If they were to remaster it, obviously rework it for newer systems, remove the 2008 brown filter, and add cars that were around in 2008, perhaps add some newer ideas like classic touring in DLC or somewhat separated from base career, but keep the base game almost identical. perhaps add new tracks again from 2008, I'm one of those people that enjoy keeping it right around when the game came out (not necessarily lore specific) perhaps even adding more drivers on track on Le mans to make it feel more lifelike (just making all the drivers that you face in each class would be good enough). perhaps add a classic racing series right around 1969 featuring Japan, USA, and Europe in their own sub series, a 64-bit version, perhaps a community race type. also there is one thing from Grid 2 that would be really cool. the one where it'll randomly make the track up as you go along, perhaps in new city locations (London, Chicago, New York), just some ideas for not only making the old game feel similar but fresh, and give fans a good mix of both new and old.

• Agree 2

On 10/14/2019 at 7:43 PM, lastbreath said:

Explain me next: GRID2 was hated because of its driving model. Autosport came with proper handling everyone wanted, but it got even lower scores... Why?

Now Codies thinks: hey we listened to them once - and what was the result? 

Spirit of the game. GRID's supposed to be an arcade series. Autosport tried to add sim-ish elements and failed badly at it, to the point where it didn't even feel like the GRID 2.5 that it was.

A GRID game is supposed to mirror one of two things: the original, or the TOCA Race Driver games (specifically 1 and 2).

They didn't exactly bother listening this time either - this game's execution is nothing short of woeful. Even the small touches that you'd normally expect Codemasters to add, like story continuity, are missing. Poor Leo Garnier and Sergio Alvarez have been utterly shafted despite having literal final boss status in previous games (Grid Autosport and Dirt 4 respectively).

Edited by Coffer
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Coffer said:

Autosport tried to add sim-ish elements and failed badly at it

I don't know, I can play it on KB but have to keep apex to be first. This is aboslutely the same formula Race Driver had. Perfect simcade.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I still have and play Racedriver Grid, so I have no reason to buy another version.

Do you play multiplayer? 🙂

Where did codemasters say Grid 2019 was a reboot, 

codemasters said in advertising it's a completely new Grid, more tracks more cars ,

weve spent 2 years working hard to produce the best grid so far

and it's for the causal sim and arcade player to be able to jump on and race immediately,

so unfortunately it's not a reboot or remastered version of grid, but it is a very poor copy of the PS3 version of grid autos port with less tracks and even less cars ,

this grid 2019 can hardly keep anyone entertained for more than an hour ,

we love your codemasters ❤️

I'd be just as happy with Touring car DLC and custom multiplayer championships within F1 2019.

Sadly, along with Grid 1, another thing that will never happen because they can't charge £75 for it.