POLL | Race Driver: Grid - Remastered

Race Driver: Grid remastered version, will you buy it?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If in a future Codemasters will launch a Race Driver: Grid remastered version for new console and new PC, would you buy it?

• Yes, without any doubts
    • No, I'm not interested

Let's see how many people miss the original one

PS: the poll is anonymous, nobody can see what you voted for.

Edited by LpMatt
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

Thats what they said this Grid was supposed to be.  

I have got to ask, Is there a source for what I bolded?

I never heard them say that this game was a remaster of the original grid

That is why I said "No" on this matter. I do not think it will bring people back.

Edited by CordedQuill42
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 2

Good idea, but I would've listed all GRID releases as possible answers.

I personally think GAS is the best and it is the one that needs to be remastered.

Anyway I voted YES cause the first one is also worth buyin remastered. 🙂

40 minutes ago, Boyan said:

I personally think GAS is the best and it is the one that needs to be remastered.

barely grid2019 keep up with graphics on GAS, no sense if they ''remaster'' it with the same graphics or worse… would be the first ''remastered down'' of history videogames lol.

The poll is about grid1 cause was the most successful game of the series, and cause online was a real full feature multiplayer, where you can stay hours without the need killing time anywhere. Every side of online was covered, no need to list all features… you know 🙂

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

barely grid2019 keep up with graphics on GAS, no sense if they ''remaster'' it with the same graphics or worse… would be the first ''remastered down'' of history videogames lol.

The poll is about grid1 cause was the most successful game of the series, and cause online was a real full feature multiplayer, where you can stay hours without the need killing time anywhere. Every side of online was covered, no need to list all features… you know 🙂

If we are talking about a complete GRID game I think we have only RD GRID to talk about. :) In my opinion if GAS was complete (+text chat and spectating from lobby) and 100% of its' features were working it is no doubt the best game of all. I'd even say the most enjoyable racing game ever. It's very enjoyable even now when you manage to find a lobby with good old players.

• Agree 1

1. This will never happen because of licenses.

2. GRID2019 is a reboot as they said, not a remaster.

3. Nothing prevented them from making career like in old GRID. 

53 minutes ago, Boyan said:

6 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

I totally agree with @FlashStealth about the multiplayer features 🤙

I only add that Race Driver Grid had the best single mode campaign of the 3 "old" Grids, and the worse offline mode was probably the one in GAS imho (no possibility to create your own team and livery, you be able only to select the team for driving for...bah...).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, lastbreath said:

1. This will never happen because of licenses.

2. GRID2019 is a reboot as they said, not a remaster.

3. Nothing prevented them from making career like in old GRID. 

About the 3. point my only question is... WHY? It was quite perfect that online mod...

Anyway:

1. I know that there isn't licenses

2. For now, it's not a good reboot

But... not kill our dream! (joking) 😁

4 minutes ago, LpMatt said:

I totally agree with @FlashStealth about the multiplayer features 🤙

I only add that Race Driver Grid had the best single mode campaign of the 3 "old" Grids, and the worse offline mode was probably the one in GAS imho (no possibility to create your own team and livery, you be able only to select the team for driving for...bah...).

I have never actually played single player in GAS exactly because of what you wrote, but who cares about single?:)

2 minutes ago, Boyan said:

I have never actually played single player in GAS exactly because of what you wrote, but who cares about single?:)

To be honest, as an old racing game player since the first Colin McRae Rally (no online mode) I care about single player mode! 😅

Also because the career is also a training for me... When I start to be quite good then I go to try online... But It's only my point of view 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

They should re-adjust Grid Autosport's career and revamp the graphics as well. That would be a great release. GAS had a lot of content and multiplayer was implemented well.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, LpMatt said:

To be honest, as an old racing game player since the first Colin McRae Rally (no online mode) I care about single player mode! 😅

Also because the career is also a training for me... When I start to be quite good then I go to try online... But It's only my point of view 🤷‍♂️

I didn't really need to train in single as 1st GAS is very similar in handling to the first GRID, only a little more sim (which I like) and 2nd I had the game upon release so there weren't many trained players online anyways :)

GAS was almost perfect, things I would of liked to see in it were best lap always showing in hud, replays and save them in multiplayer (pc2 has this)

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Boyan said:

2nd I had the game upon release so there weren't many trained players online anyways 🙂

That's the point because i want to train before go online to do races with others... to avoid bad figures... 😅

• Haha 1

Explain me next: GRID2 was hated because of its driving model. Autosport came with proper handling everyone wanted, but it got even lower scores... Why?

Now Codies thinks: hey we listened to them once - and what was the result? 

2 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

That is why I said "No" on this matter. I do not think it will bring people back.

I definitely read it somewhere but can't remember where.

The original Grid has a huge number of fans and many people want a remastered version.  It's fact and the results of this poll backs that up.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

voted , give us back the lobbies with classes and the chat , interactions with players , making friends online and race clean together was the success of the original grid 🙂

as for the handling , it was the best out of all the GRID game series , from mass transfer , full damage , agressive engine power acceleration , it was perfect 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

forgot to say , if they cant for license reasons or whatever , why not giving us back the servers so we can play it again .

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Seen it on various youtube videos talking about the game before it was released.  And before you ask,  no I cannot provide the actual video/videos as I cant remember who did them.  It was weeks ago.  

RD Grid,  remastered would bring all the people back who loved the 1st grid.  That is what most people are looking for.  No one apart from a demented moron wants to race AI online.  

I have no problem with the AI, in career.  Thats where they live.  Online, however is for real people.  AI online just get in the way.  

You start in 16th,  humans start in 1st-5th.  SO there are 10 AI in your way.  All of them park on the apex of the corner, like its some kind of drive thru order window.  On a narrow street track its very hard to get past them to get up to the humans to race them.  

Id suggest that is not the experience that anyone paid £75 for.  

Dont worry,  give it 2 weeks and I'll be off this game. Then you wont have to disagree with every post I make.   Unless of course the AI get removed.  Then I'll stay and Codies can keep my money. 

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

No. Grid needs to move forward from the same old done to death tracks and think about something completely new. 

Classic circuits are Always the same, and right, racing on tracks is done over and over to improve skills. I can agree to have more tracks and more new urban tracks btw.

to Have something completely new is a nosense unless you wish for Space Driver: Grid, where you fly around the universe trying to catch first the flag on the planet target. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

No. Grid needs to move forward from the same old done to death tracks and think about something completely new. 

I respect your opinion, really! I've created this topic not only for the poll, but also for reading, understanding other points of view and discussing on them all together...

But, do you really think that this new Grid is a step ahead of GAS (for example?) Rain races (ok, nice feature, but it is the only new thing?), poor number of tracks (no SPA, no Nurburgring, no Yas Marina and so on...) and cars (maybe compared to GAS has more auto, but not compared to the first GRID)...

Ok, they will publish other material in the future, but what we paid was for a full game, remember it...

• Agree 2