Sign in to follow this  

Will Dirt Rally be on EGO 3.0 or 4.0 Engine when it's done?

Hi!
I am woundering if Dirt Rally will be on EGO 3.0 or 4.0 when it's done?
Now it is on EGO 3.0 who is a great engine, but why not use 4.0 when F1 2015 will be on it and it looks even better?

I don't know but it's probably because EGO 4.0 was not finished yet when they started prototyping DiRT Rally right after DiRT Showdown. If it's already on EGO 3, I highly doubt they will port it to EGO 4 as it would probably represent a lot of work. It's a little deceiving, but on the other side the game looks already great. Gameplay is what makes the game as well as assets and level design which are top notch anyway, so I think we're here for a treat.

They did look at the new F1 engine, but it's a very specific engine built purely for the F1 game and just didn't work out the way the DiRT team wanted it to for DiRT rally.

An F1 car is not a Rally car, nor is a F1 race circuit a rally special stage. :) 

Evilsmurf said:

They did look at the new F1 engine, but it's a very specific engine built purely for the F1 game and just didn't work out the way the DiRT team wanted it to for DiRT rally.

An F1 car is not a Rally car, nor is a F1 race circuit a rally special stage. :) 

On their wikipedia it says Dirt 4 will be on EGO 4.0, so I guess they could also use Dirt Rally on it aswell. But the game looks great now, but it's the details who makes a good game, and EGO 3.0 have done a good job on that. ;)

Agreed, the game runs great on the Grid autosport engine and if they can get it to run on the new F1 engine it could only *look* better.

I can't comment on the Wikipedia, only what I was told on my visit to codemasters in Febuary to play DiRT rally.