Sign in to follow this  

Are cars meant to look trashed before the race?

As the title asks, I noticed every pre race cut scene the cars look trashed. Just the paint work and livery though. Is this intentional or a glitch? I personally really don't like it as it ruins the aesthetic appeal for me, Its the whole car covered in big scratches etc. I knows it an arcade racer but I still like to race cleanly and admire the cars, The already trashed look is really off putting. Anyone else bothered by this or just lil old me? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Also, is there a way to clean the car. The car gets very dirty but you can't wash it like we could in order Codemasters games. Or did I mis something?

• Like 2

Yeh I dont like this, fine if it looks battered after a race , but not before , you wanna see the car you "paid" for in all its glory, not chipped and scratched to hell

• Agree 3

You aren't in a championship are you i.e race 2 or 3?

The first race the car is gleaming the next races in the mini championship carry over the damage you done on your first. Check to see if you have clean car on the first race 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, torque99uk said:

You aren't in a championship are you i.e race 2 or 3?

The first race the car is gleaming the next races in the mini championship carry over the damage you done on your first. Check to see if you have clean car on the first race 👍

Hi Torque, No im afraid not, Progressive damage through rounds would be cool, I like it in Dirt 2.0. But in both career and free play in the first race the cars always look really roughed up all over and it really looks silly I think and takes away from the aesthetics of the car itself. I do hope it is a glitch.

• Like 1

I don't seem to be having them scratched too much only in championship races (2/3rd race) mine are gleaming new cars on the start of races 👍

Edited by torque99uk

Looks like a bug... Another one... Man this game has more bugs than all the previous games together... -.-

• Agree 2

I noticed this as well. When i select the car and while shown while loading an event, the car looks fine. When the loading ends my car looks trashed again, scratches allover the car, same goes for the AI cars. 😩

I hope this gets fixed soon, it's annoying. 😅

EDIT: Selecting another livery will make the car "clean" again. Until you used it in a race, then the car will always show banged up again while using that livery. Changing it back and forth doesn't help.

The trashed looks seems to carry over to other modes as well...

So once a livery is used, it will always look trashed at the start of a race, until they fix this bug. 

Ps4 Pro

Edited by Chiron

6 hours ago, Chiron said:

I noticed this as well. When i select the car and while shown while loading an event, the car looks fine. When the loading ends my car looks trashed again, scratches allover the car, same goes for the AI cars. 😩

I hope this gets fixed soon, it's annoying. 😅

EDIT: Selecting another livery will make the car "clean" again. Until you used it in a race, then the car will always show banged up again while using that livery. Changing it back and forth doesn't help.

The trashed looks seems to carry over to other modes as well...

So once a livery is used, it will always look trashed at the start of a race, until they fix this bug. 

Ps4 Pro

I dont think its a bug , i think its intentional.

8 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

I dont think its a bug , i think its intentional.

Some of these cars costs hundreds of thousands of credits... and they can't slap a fresh coat of paint and stickers on it before the race?  How embarrassing.

• Agree 2

Hopefully this can be fixed, i am fine with car damage, dirt and scratches carrying over during rounds of an event, but when using the car in an other event of free mode i would like it to be new.

I also noticed that when running a career event which supplies a loan car multiple times the car starts out dirty and gets dirtier every time when you re run the event. 

This isn't a glitch, the lead designer I think talked about cars not looking pristine at the start of each race because real race cars don't.

11 minutes ago, Oscar97 said:

This isn't a glitch, the lead designer I think talked about cars not looking pristine at the start of each race because real race cars don't.

If their lead designer is someone who thinks teams can fix any internal and external damage yet somehow can't clean up the bodywork after a championship, then he's out of his mind and doesn't deserve his job.

"Jeff, I've got a replacement for that door that Nathan McKane smashed."

"No, Robert, that's too clean. Drag that door through some mud and grass and then come back to me."

• Haha 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Oscar97 said:

I think he ment the start of races DURING a event. It doesn't make any sense that the car looks trashed at the start of a totally new event or a single race.

I wonder how F1 cars would look in real life half way through the season, especially those who crashed during a race. 

Edited by Chiron

This must be a bug, this is how most of my cars look at the start of an event. (This was a free play race.)

GRID_20191021002942_1.thumb.png.7a185234e5de34c820e583367419b70f.png 

• Agree 1

I assumed the OP was just talking about texture streaming. Lol. This game actually loads in the wrong textures???

On 10/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, Ice_nl said:

This must be a bug, this is how most of my cars look at the start of an event. (This was a free play race.)

GRID_20191021002942_1.thumb.png.7a185234e5de34c820e583367419b70f.png 

The same trashed look i get on all my cars....This aint as intended as some people say. I really hope they fix this soon. It's pretty annoying.

Would be great if someone from Codemasters could at least let us know they are aware of it or looking into the issue. 😩

• Agree 5

I do not own this game and i am not sure, but is there any option to clean your cars?
Similar thing had original GRID game where cars after some time get dirtier and you had to clean them 🙂

I think, if you do enough damage in a race that the bodywork is bent and thrashed, you will notice a clean car at the start of the next race. As if the crew did work...

Also, if you qualify, there will be paint chips...

Edited by MattiasMars

The problem still exist with the latest patch, is there any update on this issue?

• Agree 1

Stadia is the priority now, don't count on it.  Though when the stadia users all complain about everything, they might actually start listening.

• Agree 1