[GRID 2019] Curbs overly slippery in dry conditions

After playing the game for 30h i have to say that i do not understand why the curbs in dry conditions are so overly slippery.

Its:

A : Very unrealistic

B : Frustrating

C : Does not make the game better/The gameplay does not benefit at all from this decision

D : The AI is not affected by this..!

E : If Alonso is behind that "joke" he should get fired asap 😛

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 3

Yep you are right. I forgot about that. The AI is not affected by the teflon curbs..!

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 1

Totally agree. You can't even catch the slide which makes it even worse. The AI touching your car also has the same effect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Must not accelerate when the inside wheel is touching the kerb. Strange though yes.

Edited by Sir.Smoke

I haven't really felt this myself, but that may be due to the amount of throttle I press on kerbs anyways as I use a wheel and pedals.

I don't understand the "AI touching your car also has the same effect" though. That just sounds like you're not correcting your steering after an impact.

2 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Must not accelerate when the inside wheel is touching the kerb. Strange though yes.

I don´t need to in the race sims i drive 😉

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, UP100 said:

I haven't really felt this myself, but that may be due to the amount of throttle I press on kerbs anyways as I use a wheel and pedals.

I don't understand the "AI touching your car also has the same effect" though. That just sounds like you're not correcting your steering after an impact.

Late reply but with regards to your second point, I am correcting my steering. In most cases I'm already correcting in anticipation and it still happens. 

• Agree 1

Same issue as everyone else, I can't use the curbs in the dry with most of the cars in this game. You go into a unrecoverable slide!

Kerbs need some adjusting imho, they can be really comical right now.
Some cars just self-destruct when you even think about touching a kerb 🙂

Hey all,

This was a topic raised before launch by a few preview players and, ever since, we've been looking into ways to address it. Turns out this is a very difficult thing to do with the game in its current state. We're aware that kerbs, at times, can be unrealistically slippy, but this appears to be 'baked in' at this stage and can't be addressed in the current game.

Apologies for this, but just wanted to be open on the subject, after chasing it a few times, rather than silent 👍

• Like 1

Any idea if we will get any update about this? Do not accelerate is the only way to pass trough curbs. Not realistic and too frustrating.