Jump to content Jump to content

[GRID 2019] Curbs overly slippery in dry conditions

Ak1504

After playing the game for 30h i have to say that i do not understand why the curbs in dry conditions are so overly slippery.

Its:

A : Very unrealistic

B : Frustrating

C : Does not make the game better/The gameplay does not benefit at all from this decision

D : The AI is not affected by this..!

E : If Alonso is behind that "joke" he should get fired asap 😛

I haven't really felt this myself, but that may be due to the amount of throttle I press on kerbs anyways as I use a wheel and pedals.

I don't understand the "AI touching your car also has the same effect" though. That just sounds like you're not correcting your steering after an impact.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, UP100 said:

I haven't really felt this myself, but that may be due to the amount of throttle I press on kerbs anyways as I use a wheel and pedals.

I don't understand the "AI touching your car also has the same effect" though. That just sounds like you're not correcting your steering after an impact.

Late reply but with regards to your second point, I am correcting my steering. In most cases I'm already correcting in anticipation and it still happens. 

• 2 months later...
  • Social Media & Community Team

Hey all,

This was a topic raised before launch by a few preview players and, ever since, we've been looking into ways to address it. Turns out this is a very difficult thing to do with the game in its current state. We're aware that kerbs, at times, can be unrealistically slippy, but this appears to be 'baked in' at this stage and can't be addressed in the current game.

Apologies for this, but just wanted to be open on the subject, after chasing it a few times, rather than silent 👍

• 6 months later...

Archived