Well, that is really nice!

NOW you guys can start to work on improving the game for yourself!

Sadly, Xbox One And PS4 cannot run unsigned code.

Has any of the modern EGO engine games (F1 2015, Dirt 4, etc.) been modified beyond simple texture swaps ("liveries")?

The most modders usually do with the game is change some liveries, change some config files/databases and so on... It's most likely due to the actual modding community (the one who do the tools and so on) being quite dead.

15 hours ago, UP100 said:

The most modders usually do with the game is change some liveries, change some config files/databases and so on... It's most likely due to the actual modding community (the one who do the tools and so on) being quite dead.

That's not necessarily true. rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa's modding communities are flourishing (unlike Competizione, which has no mod support and is nowhere near as popular). The problem here Codemasters not releasing tools to make it possible. The last excuse I remember was "license issues". 🙄

More like "we'd like to push DLC 'seasons' and mods will kill it for us" bollоcks. 😂

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

That's not necessarily true. rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa's modding communities are flourishing (unlike Competizione, which has no mod support and is nowhere near as popular). The problem here Codemasters not releasing tools to make it possible. The last excuse I remember was "license issues". 🙄

More like "we'd like to push DLC 'seasons' and mods will kill it for us" bollоcks. 😂

Well that's the reason the actual modding community is long gone I believe. There is no official support for modding, so most major mods are for old games like GRID or Operation Flashpoint (which had lua support at least)

@UP100 Sure, yes. Even hardcore sims are going this route, so they can milk their communities for that sweet DLC $$$. 🙄

On 10/14/2019 at 8:58 PM, jesped said:

The ERP Archiver compatible with GRID 2019 has just been released at https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver/download/eyJleHBpcmVzIjoxNTcwOTEzMTk5LCJpZCI6ODM0MTR9.K%2bLak%2fIYkoFMZJFqv28uS7BFyT4%3d

It allows to extract files from GRID's .erp files.

Sweet. 

Now I'm curious if is it possible to make:

1. Damage better, make car less tough, or at least increase damage in Porsche, Ferrari and Aston Martin cars, cause it's bad and reduced probably due to licencing issues (impossible to lose parts).

2. Change gravity, it's to high so cars are too glued to road.

If someone have skills. I would really appreciate that.