Bad driving

You have a fantastic game here. But it is being ruined by bad dirty drivers. I have only been playing 10 days or so, but the way some people cheat and drive you off the road, sometimes deliberately side swiping you or using you as a brake, has nearly killed this game for me. There seems to be no punishment to them. They win the race, and my driving score takes a dive, and I lose trophy points. 
if you can not control the poor drivers then you can only make it a game of qualification. Do something to keep this the great game it is.

I could well see, that unless something like this changes, I will not be a player anymore. 

Welcome to the game, I’ve been playing since the British GP, and if you read through forums you will see this has been ongoing issue.

i.e. Firstly there is what is know as AI preprogrammed cars that have mind of their own. These cars will swerve for no reason, drive faster on grass than tar, play bumper cars with you, and sometimes just boggle your mind as to how fast they can go.

secondly there are a few cheaters but not as many left around lately.

codemasters are aware of players issues, and small fixes sometimes take place, but don’t raise your hopes of having a perfect game.

• Agree 1

Agree it's mostly AI. Opponents are also AI that give the illusion of a live opponent.  The same race is different on each screen of the duel.

I don't think there are very many people left playing this. I know I don't play it anymore. This forum is slowly dying. I think the dedicated few of us keep checking in here to keep tabs on development, but as you can see many of the issues pointed out have been with this game since launch a year ago. Cries for fixes have gone unheard. Sadly, this game is as "good" as it's going to get. 

I recently moved to a place with fast internet speed and am enjoying playing the game.  I have a fast car but drive about 5 sec slower than the top 10.

Gameplay is the best so far.  As much as the AI aggravate me, the programming is brilliant when bot"s can really **** you off.  Staying offline helps, blocking helps more and is essential to win grid start.  Don't give up, some times bots let you catch them and win.  

I assume I'm playing against bots so apologies to any real players for the blocking.

• Agree 1

If CM are unable to resolve the awful AI issues I wish they would at least stop the blatant cheating.

If they are unable to stop it, how about a button to select qualifying only duals, that would sort it dor me....

• Agree 1