Sign in to follow this  

Career progress reset

Hi,

For the second time in two weeks I get the message "We found a discrepancy between a local save and Racenet on your career progress and are resetting you current championship" and all my career progress has been wiped away.

I have read that this issue is reported by many players on many forums for a very long time, so I am suprised that a fix has not been made to this issue. as it basically makes career mode inoperative

Can you please have a look at it?

Platform: Steam/PC, Windows 10, Thrustmaster T300 with pedals and shifter

Hey and welcome to the forums! 🙂 

I doubt there is much anyone can do about this with the information you've provided. The message you got kind of said everything there is to say. Have you noticed your internet cut off, or RaceNet being down when these issues come up?

26 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The message you got kind of said everything there is to say.

No it really did not. It did not say why a discrepancy between local save and Racenet results in the entire championship being reset. It did not say why Codemasters have still not fixed this game-breaking issue which has been known since launch day if not before. It did not say why Racenet connection even is a thing in SINGLE PLAYER career championship. It did not say why Racenet remains very unstable and unreliable despite CM increasing their games' reliance on it.

Racenet was very slow all week and then pretty much died on the weekend. Regardless, Racenet going down or your internet being cut off should not result in losing progress in races you already completed, that simply should never happen in a million years. Codemasters absolutely need to implement some kind of failsafe to prevent progress being lost, astonishing that they haven't already done that months ago.

• Agree 2

It's a mystery to me how it's possible because probably nobody will buy any new game from CM.

Ya im going to have to just move on from this game, Im not sure why they are struggling so much with this release. Seems like the trend to put out a cash grab of a half finished game and just move on to the next title. 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 20.34.16.63.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.17 - 20.39.09.73.png

This happens to me practically every day. And my Season 3 and 4 DLC does not show up....heck, I tried to play tonight, and all it did was crash as soon as i tried to do a daily a couple times..I said screw it and fired up Project Cars 2. At least that is a game I can finish races in

I have problems too. I am trying to reset my career tier back to open but every time I perform the reset it says "There is a discrepancy between local data and racenet" and it stays in Pro. I want to reset it to Open but I want to keep all my cars and upgrades. Are you experiencing the same thing ?