Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Endless crashing in pit menu - F1 2019

F1 2019 just keeps crashing.

I've tried disabling shader caching and the beta asyncdisabledtest and disabling steam overlay. I've tried different graphics options, basically everything I can think of.

The game nearly always crashes while just sitting in the pit menu during a session, having returned to the garage. Nothing in particular seems to trigger it. If I leave it there for any period of time, it will crash.

Sometimes it produces a dump file, which I always send. Other times it just crashes to desktop with no error message at all.

What I've played of this game is great but it's basically unusable right now. Please help!

Thanks

{
  "EXE": "F1_2019_dx12.exe",
  "Version": 564600,
  "GameVersion": 564600,
  "ReportCode": "XPMK-AABX-XDBG-DAHE",
  "Exception": "C0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 000000005417D2FE",
  "System": {
    "ProcessMask": "FFFF",
    "SystemMask": "FFFF",
    "Memory": {
      "Resident": {
        "Current": 3556442112,
        "Peak": 3624574976
      },
      "PagedAllocation": {
        "Current": 8563023872,
        "Peak": 8726331392
      }
    }
  },
  "Session": {
    "GameMode": "career_19",
    "Ruleset": "PracticeAndQualifying",
    "ID": "practice_2",
    "Track": "melbourne",
    "AssetGroup": "(null)",
    "Driver": 40,
    "Errors": 0
  },
  "FlowState": {
    "Previous": "IntroPlayersMonitor",
    "Current": "InGame"
  },
  "FlowTransition": {
    "Previous": 1,
    "Current": 2
  },
  "Graphics": {
    "Vendor": "0x10de",
    "Device": "0x1e07",
    "Driver": "NVIDIA 43648, r436_45",
    "Name": "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti",
    "DirectX": "dx12",
    "AvailableVRAM": 0,
    "TotalVRAM": 11313152,
    "LastD3DError": "0x887a0006",
    "LastErrorMessage": "Present, Aftermath(status=0x1): Cubemap+ZDeferred[78890]"
  },
  "SystemInfo": {
    "ProcessorName": "Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz",
    "ProcessorArchitecture": "x64 (AMD or Intel)",
    "NumberOfProcessors": "16",
    "TotalMemory:": "16299MB"
  },
  "OperatingSystem": {
    "MajorVersion": "10",
    "MinorVersion": "0",
    "Version": "Windows 10",
    "ServicePack": ""
  },
  "DisplayInfo": {
    "Display_0": {
      "Name": "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti",
    },
  },
}

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Post a dxdiag my man, I've helped others.

I will do later tonight.

I just noticed this in my dump summary:

Does this game have a VRAM memory leak under certain conditions? My res is only 2650x1080.

1 hour ago, alwayscrashing said:

I will do later tonight.

I just noticed this in my dump summary:

Does this game have a VRAM memory leak under certain conditions? My res is only 2650x1080.

No idea. I only run in 1920x1080 and I have no dumps to compare. There may be dumps that others have posted as 20 series seems to be problematic.

Here's the full dump from the typical pit menu crash.

I monitored VRAM usage. It never got above 4700MB so I think that was a red herring.

I'm disappointed that nobody from Codemasters has commented just to say they're aware of the issue. It doesn't give me any confidence that this will get fixed any time soon. It makes me wonder if I should cut my loses, get a refund now and avoid their titles like the plague in future. Such a shame.

564600-20191015-220502-0.zip

44 minutes ago, alwayscrashing said:

Here's the dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

Thanks. Again, if you could tell me the board as the manufacturer has not completed the fields in BIOS.

30 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Thanks. Again, if you could tell me the board as the manufacturer has not completed the fields in BIOS.

It's an ASUS z390 pro gaming

8 hours ago, alwayscrashing said:

It's an ASUS z390 pro gaming

I'm basing this on the ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming as ASUS website is the world's worst after ASRock. IT IS IMPORTANT YOU VERIFY YOUR BOARD IS THE TUF Z390 Pro Gaming a misflash can cause the board to be INOPERABLE. Unfortunately, dxdiag only identifies the AMI Aptio V UEFI type so all BIOSes report as version 05.0000D

To be sure, take a screenshot of the splash screen of HWiNFO this should give the actual BIOS date (you may have version 2411 going by the date). Don't go ahead unless you are sure the board is a match.

UEFI BIOS Version 2417

LAN driver

Chipset driver, the updated BIOS contains a new ME so can't hurt to update the driver (first, before the BIOS flash).

Your audio driver IS up to date, you have had issues with Windows Search breaking but this is a known Windows issue, you don't appear to be running the AURA lighting software. This is good as some versions may be causing issues. If you do have it installed, can you report back the version (from Programs and Features) as this may help others if there is a version that does not cause crashes.

I'm also going to recommend you update to Windows 10 version 1903, some drivers work best with the newest version of Windows. The video driver supports WDDM 2.6 and 1809 supports only WDDM 2.5 (not saying that's an issue with this game, but it can't hurt to have all the features, right?)

26 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I'm basing this on the ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming as ASUS website is the world's worst after ASRock. IT IS IMPORTANT YOU VERIFY YOUR BOARD IS THE TUF Z390 Pro Gaming a misflash can cause the board to be INOPERABLE. Unfortunately, dxdiag only identifies the AMI Aptio V UEFI type so all BIOSes report as version 05.0000D

To be sure, take a screenshot of the splash screen of HWiNFO this should give the actual BIOS date (you may have version 2411 going by the date). Don't go ahead unless you are sure the board is a match.

UEFI BIOS Version 2417

LAN driver

Chipset driver, the updated BIOS contains a new ME so can't hurt to update the driver (first, before the BIOS flash).

Your audio driver IS up to date, you have had issues with Windows Search breaking but this is a known Windows issue, you don't appear to be running the AURA lighting software. This is good as some versions may be causing issues. If you do have it installed, can you report back the version (from Programs and Features) as this may help others if there is a version that does not cause crashes.

I'm also going to recommend you update to Windows 10 version 1903, some drivers work best with the newest version of Windows. The video driver supports WDDM 2.6 and 1809 supports only WDDM 2.5 (not saying that's an issue with this game, but it can't hurt to have all the features, right?)

I'm on the latest BIOS for the mobo, I updated it last week.

I'm on Windows LTSC and this is the latest version.

So not much more I can try huh? Over to you Codemasters...

1 minute ago, alwayscrashing said:

I'm on the latest BIOS for the mobo, I updated it last week.

I'm on Windows LTSC and this is the latest version.

So not much more I can try huh? Over to you Codemasters...

Yes. DDU the drivers and delete your hardware_settings_config.xml before relaunching.

There is no reason for you to stay on LTSC, 1903/1909 will be valid for the duration of this game. 1909 is a service pack to 1903 it's not a feature update, plus the codebase is converged as feature complete as of 18362/18363.418 (current build)

Upgrading Windows 10 can remove subtle issues that prevent the game running smoothly or files that are corrupt or fix dependencies and remove registry cruft.

You can update using the Media Creation Tool. But your licence will be Pro.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:03 PM, alwayscrashing said:

The game nearly always crashes while just sitting in the pit menu during a session, having returned to the garage. Nothing in particular seems to trigger it. If I leave it there for any period of time, it will crash.

Hi @alwayscrashing, I've been watching this thread while @steviejay69 does their thing - thanks by the way for being helpful with these issues. Can I ask if you are switching the game focus repeatedly or switching the window mode (i.e. fullscreen to windowed etc) prior to the game crashing? 

6 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Can I ask if you are switching the game focus repeatedly or switching the window mode (i.e. fullscreen to windowed etc) prior to the game crashing? 

No, I've done nothing at all like that. It can happen in any menu. For example, load the game, go to the options menu, leave for ~30secs and it will crash.

Also, I've tried closing every possible background process. Can you think of anything else that I can try/test?

2 hours ago, alwayscrashing said:

No, I've done nothing at all like that. It can happen in any menu. For example, load the game, go to the options menu, leave for ~30secs and it will crash.

Also, I've tried closing every possible background process. Can you think of anything else that I can try/test?

Allow me the courtesy of fixing your problem. 🙂

If you WON'T update to 1903 then try the DDU steps. An update is easy, you're asking CM to pull a rabbit out of a hat to make YOUR configuration work with 3rd party drivers that assume the latest version of W10. It's not like W7 where it has changed about 3 times significantly in 11 years; there is a new OS every 6 months. It is feature different and there is a gradual shift to remove legacy code and driver types. So, if you leave this stone unturned, it's possible this won't be fixed by my suggestions (that have a good track record).

Codemasters can't help you if you won't update. If they wrote fixes for every legacy OS kink / quirk or piece of hardware then the game would be worse than it is now (hard to believe I know) or everyone may suffer performance penalties for the sake of users running older hardware and software.

Can't guarantee you a quick fix (or even a fix) but if you won't eliminate common causes then you may be a case with singular symptoms.

I'm not even going to pretend that Microsoft haven't been diligent with Windows 10 - we are guinea pigs. Another good reason to do the update, clear out cumulative cruft.

Even better, a clean install.

12 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @alwayscrashing, I've been watching this thread while @steviejay69 does their thing - thanks by the way for being helpful with these issues. Can I ask if you are switching the game focus repeatedly or switching the window mode (i.e. fullscreen to windowed etc) prior to the game crashing? 

I have reproduced the issue on a completely clean consumer version of Windows Pro.

Procedure:

Formatted disk.

Installed Windows Pro 1903

Installed Nvidia Driver 436.48

Installed Steam

Installed F1 2019

Absolutely nothing else!

The game crashes in exactly the same way in the same place but as I play with settings, I've found it crashes in any menu, eg options.

Here is the dump

564600-20191016-203359-0.zip

@alwayscrashingWhy does one dump show 16GB physical memory and the other 32GB physical memory? (your supplied dxdiag shows 16GB)

Suggest you test single sticks at a time with Memtest86 (you will need a USB stick >512MB)

I am now thinking you have either faulty or mismatched memory or something not on the approved list or a compatibility issue.

HWiNFO will give you a txt report you can upload

Did a bit of research on the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.

It generally occurs when a program attempts to access memory that doesn't exist or is protected by the OS. 

A simple example of how this can occur would be iterating beyond the last element of an array in C++.

To me (professional developer but obviously completely unfamiliar with the code) this looks like a bug in the code and/or Nvidia driver.

@RedDevilKT @Hoo

I would be extremely grateful if you forward this case onto you devs for analysis. See 2 posts above, I reproduced on a totally clean install of Windows 10.

I'm clearly not the only one with this issue, this guy is also getting access violations with an RTX 2080ti with the latest Nvidia drivers:

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@alwayscrashingWhy does one dump show 16GB physical memory and the other 32GB physical memory? (your supplied dxdiag shows 16GB)

I took 16gb out just incase it was causing an issue. As it's clearly not related, it's back in the system now.

Just now, alwayscrashing said:

You should do the memtests, just to be sure. I appreciate you doing the clean installation.

Before you do can you give another dxdiag to compare to the first so I can see the driver differences?

6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You should do the memtests, just to be sure. I appreciate you doing the clean installation.

Before you do can you give another dxdiag to compare to the first so I can see the driver differences?

My system is completely stable. No other application, be it professional, stress-test or game has any issues. I only took out 16GB of RAM on the extremely unlikely chance that F1 2019 had some bug triggered by > 16GB.

I appreciate that you're tying to be helpful but regardless of driver differences, version of windows etc, the game crashes in exactly the same way. Another dxdiag will not get us anywhere. This now needs to be looked at by CM devs.

Just now, alwayscrashing said:

My system is completely stable. No other application, be it professional, stress-test or game has any issues. I only took out 16GB of RAM on the extremely unlikely chance that F1 2019 had some bug triggered by > 16GB.

I appreciate that you're tying to be helpful but regardless of driver differences, version of windows etc, the game crashes in exactly the same way. Another dxdiag will not get us anywhere.

I have seen systems test with two sticks and pass. Singly, they fail. 

Either way, you're running with non-ECC memory. Please don't try to sound superior, you can be good at what you do, I'll give you the benefit of my experience.

Recommended speed is DDR4-2666 for that CPU.

2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I have seen systems test with two sticks and pass. Singly, they fail. 

Either way, you're running with non-ECC memory. Please don't try to sound superior, you can be good at what you do, I'll give you the benefit of my experience.

Recommended speed is DDR4-2666 for that CPU.

Thanks for your experience.