Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Endless crashing in pit menu - F1 2019

Just now, alwayscrashing said:

Thanks for you experience.

And genuinely, if we rule EVERYTHING else out, CM can help 😎

@alwayscrashing Also, your crash is happening in career mode. What happens if you play other modes? 

Could be the save game that is faulty (or version mismatched) not the game itself.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

@alwayscrashing Also, your crash is happening in career mode. What happens if you play other modes? 

Could be the save game that is faulty (or version mismatched) not the game itself.

The crashes occur in any menu. On my Windows 10 Pro system, it was crashing in the options menu direct from the main menu.

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

How about your in-game settings also? hardware_settings_config.xml might be useful

So, how about this?

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

So, how about this?

I'll try it but it'll make no difference. I've tried every config change that I can think of and as I keep telling you, I've reproduced on 2 different Windows installs, one of which was completely clean.

Well the crashing in menus was a Steam overlay issue initially. But that was with an older driver and with the older Steam client.

Can't definitively say which driver fixed it but I'd hazard a guess 431.60 should be safe, the oldest non 436 build (unless you fancy the 3 older 436 revisions).

Think it's also the last one to mention F1 2019 specifically.

Edit: It might force update to the 431.70 Studio Driver release.