Patch 1.13 Any news?

How much fun would it be for game to have a RACE DIRECTOR mode. Where players can tweak everything from driver performance to car performance exactly as they want? It would mirror real life somewhat as players themselves could emulate real world rule changes or driver improvements whenever they wished. Of course league organizers would have even more options making leagues superfun to play and actually compete with each other. Basically instead of a car setup screen you would have a RACE /CHAMPIONSHIP setup screen. 

Of course these settings could be exported so if anyone like SturmDesTodes spent a lot of hard work tweaking a particularly accurate championship setup then anyone could download it and import it. All in game of course. Have a leader board in game showing most popular downloads. Of course some would be silly as well but who cares? It's a game and supposed to be fun.. Give the power to the players! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, diderooy said:

They did indeed modify the AI, and they swung it back too far so that the AI in wet is now too weak. Is there no possibility to have it where it needs to be? Surely they didn't bother "fixing" it (not fixing it) just to say "okay, we're done"?

I'd LOVE a toggle to turn off mid-season transfers, and I'm sure most would agree.

For me I'd say it's still a tad too strong and I'd say there are a few people who agree with me on that so again I don't think there will be any further changes to the AI at least not on 2019

• Like 1

I wish you could just select and play as one of the drivers instead of having to pick an avatar

I know it is not possible but being able to have optional commentary during the race would have been cool

Edited by HerbieVerstinks
  • Like 1

Regarding career, we lose 3 real life drivers...we replace a driver and then the corny additions of Butler and Weber replace drivers.  For a game that is trying to build interest in modern F1, that was another incredible decision. 

If they want to do something like that, then just use Senna and Prost. It would still be corny, but at least they are/were real. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Regarding career, we lose 3 real life drivers...we replace a driver and then the corny additions of Butler and Weber replace drivers.  For a game that is trying to build interest in modern F1, that was another incredible decision. 

If they want to do something like that, then just use Senna and Prost. It would still be corny, but at least they are/were real. 

Don't put ideas in their head lol! F1 2020 Zombie Edition.... 

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

He wins. 

Source: Named my avatar Fernando Alonso and ruined Vettel's Ferrari career. He escaped back to Red Bull for season 2.

That aside, I do wish they would add drivers from previous games to the "substitute roster" for career mode giving them a chance to return. It would bolster the driver rotation and make it a lot more interesting. They have the models of those drivers, just need some updates. Imagine, season 2, Rosberg makes a return replacing Bottas or Ferrari indeed hiring Alonso. (Actually a bit surprised Alonso isn't in even as a custom avatar with his helmet design considering he's been a part of the Grid game)

With Ocon returning next season it shows that it should be a feature. They have models for all of these drivers: Alonso, Rosberg, Button, Ocon, Kobayashi, Vergne, Massa, Vandoorne (likely add Hulkenberg here for next year), etc. which will give a lot more variation to the career mode. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Updated 2 hours ago: Patch14 Connecting to QA Online Services, and also a patch for Nvidia DLSS Testing has been released (none public yet of course).

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

It would be incredible if the F1 YouTube Squad (i.e. Ben, Matt, Aarav, Harry, Scott, JD) were playable characters for career mode.

No, it really wouldn’t 

• Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

It would be incredible if the F1 YouTube Squad (i.e. Ben, Matt, Aarav, Harry, Scott, JD) were playable characters for career mode.

If you're asking for stuff like that then I wanna play as Bowser from Mario.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Involved In It said:

No!

4 hours ago, Involved In It said:

Seeing as we're trolling now I'd say heck yes! But please please please for added realism Codies can you make sure whoever plays a YouTube 'star' is forced to use t-cam mode? Other essential YT driver enhancementz would be 

1) player must talk non stop while racing. The cars maximum speed is determined by the wpm(words per minute) of the player. If you can't keep up with 500 wpm for example you will be at a serious disadvantage. 

2) All races must last at least 10 minutes. 

3) the words COMMENT LIKE DESCRIBE must be flashed on the players screen at least once per lap. 

4) What the player sees on his screen during the race must be a highlight recording from a previous race, preferably at a different track. 

Codies, if you introduce a major new unit shifting feature like this we demand you take it seriously! 

:classic_blush:

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

If you're asking for stuff like that then I wanna play as Bowser from Mario.  

I'm going for Stalin anybody tries to take it from me. I'II send you to Siberia 😈 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

I'm going for Stalin anybody tries to take it from me. I'II send you to Siberia 😈 

Tanks have a lot of downforce but the aero package needs some work. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HerbieVerstinks said:

Tanks have a lot of downforce but the aero package needs some work. 

Da. Vodka and Khrushchev screaming at T34 directly will take care of tha problem comrade.    

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 1:37 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe we'll get random loot boxes on the track and we just have to drive over them and give our credit card numbers to activate them? 

CodEAmasters? :classic_blink:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1