Patch 1.13 Any news?

It's pointless wasting my breath but here goes @Hoo any details of the next update and the safety car fix by any chance?

• Like 1

This was posted yesterday on the Loss of FPS thread in the technical assistance section.  It doesn’t address the safety car issue but does let you know there is a next patch being tested now:

RedDevilKT     93

RedDevilKT

Hey everyone, just as an update, we are looking to address this issue in our next patch which is currently going through testing. Thank you for your patience while we investigated this

Edited by jrod22145
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would be nice if they could fix vibration in pedals so it rumbles on brake lock ups and wheel spin (without assists turned on).  Seems counter intuitive to only have vibration in pedals when ABS and traction control are turned on

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, HerbieVerstinks said:

Would be nice if they could fix vibration in pedals so it rumbles on brake lock ups and wheel spin (without assists turned on).  Seems counter intuitive to only have vibration in pedals when ABS and traction control are turned on

Which pedals do you have?

3 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

Which pedals do you have?

Clubsport v3. Currently I think you have to do some sort of work around to make them vibrate because I think rumble is only supported when assists (traction control and ABS) are turned on.  At least that’s what most people have said when a lot of people including myself couldn’t get vibrate to work. 

1 minute ago, HerbieVerstinks said:

Clubsport v3. Currently I think you have to do some sort of work around to make them vibrate because I think rumble is only supported when assists (traction control and ABS) are turned on.  At least that’s what most people have said when a lot of people including myself couldn’t get vibrate to work. 

Interesting I hope it work for you... In all assist settings

I got basic t300 

9 hours ago, HerbieVerstinks said:

You are correct. It only works with these assists turned on. I'm currently using a tool from the misses as workaround but now I'm vibrating all the time.

• Haha 6

Maybe we'll get random loot boxes on the track and we just have to drive over them and give our credit card numbers to activate them? 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe we'll get random loot boxes on the track and we just have to drive over them and give our credit card numbers to activate them? 

lose all hope with these thieves

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Lmao

"And introducing Super TV Pod. Sit 30 feet above the car for the most enthralling views!"

• Haha 4

I think we're due about two more major patches before year's end.  Patches for these games normally range from 13-15, so I'm thinking they're probably trying to address all major and minor left-over issues in these final releases.  Patience grasshopper! 

17 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

You are correct. It only works with these assists turned on. I'm currently using a tool from the misses as workaround but now I'm vibrating all the time.

Did you get that new skin colored hand brake that has balls on it?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

I think we're due about two more major patches before year's end.  Patches for these games normally range from 13-15, so I'm thinking they're probably trying to address all major and minor left-over issues in these final releases.  Patience grasshopper! 

nope. they will adress only a few things (like fps drop) and nothing else.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Lmao

"And introducing Super TV Pod. Sit 30 feet above the car for the most enthralling views!"

Nice! I'm thinking of introducing a couple of new assists myself to make esports available to everyone, especially those with mood and effort impairments :

HELPING HAND : A giant semi-transparent hand hovers above the car at all times. Whenever the car is in danger of leaving the track or hitting an obstacle the hand will quickly pick up the car and face it in the correct direction again. I heard the esports brigade were unhappy about the hand being visible at all however as it would encourage 'ability/assist shaming'. Sadly a proposal plan to use the hand to prevent on track car collisions as well was criticized heavily by YouTubers who unanimously agreed wrecking other cars was a racing right not a privilege and should always be available to resourceful drivers to aid passing. 

LINE LOCK : This exciting new feature further enhances the much used and barely effective race line assist. Instead of having to concentrate hard on following an annoying colored line around the track instead the line has been improved to allow the driver to 'lock' onto the track where the line used to be visible. Another nod to those complaining about assist shaming this wonderful new feature enables drivers to concentrate instead on making impact with the car ahead or behind. Regardless of steering, brake or acceleration input the car would follow the path the old line used to take applying all relevant inputs on behalf of the driver. 

Esports organizers are especially excited about the new race enhancement features as they will open up the whole world of online competition to practically everyone regardless of their racing ability or social maladjustments. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Nice! I'm thinking of introducing a couple of new assists myself to make esports available to everyone, especially those with mood and effort impairments :

HELPING HAND : A giant semi-transparent hand hovers above the car at all times. Whenever the car is in danger of leaving the track or hitting an obstacle the hand will quickly pick up the car and face it in the correct direction again. I heard the esports brigade were unhappy about the hand being visible at all however as it would encourage 'ability/assist shaming'. Sadly a proposal plan to use the hand to prevent on track car collisions as well was criticized heavily by YouTubers who unanimously agreed wrecking other cars was a racing right not a privilege and should always be available to resourceful drivers to aid passing. 

LINE LOCK : This exciting new feature further enhances the much used and barely effective race line assist. Instead of having to concentrate hard on following an annoying colored line around the track instead the line has been improved to allow the driver to 'lock' onto the track where the line used to be visible. Another nod to those complaining about assist shaming this wonderful new feature enables drivers to concentrate instead on making impact with the car ahead or behind. Regardless of steering, brake or acceleration input the car would follow the path the old line used to take applying all relevant inputs on behalf of the driver. 

Esports organizers are especially excited about the new race enhancement features as they will open up the whole world of online competition to practically everyone regardless of their racing ability or social maladjustments. 

lol! The all new Hand if God setting. It's not an assist, just a preference. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

nope. they will adress only a few things (like fps drop) and nothing else.

Nobody knows for sure what the do during there silence phases. Good to see they have a fix planned for the fps drop though.   

Edited by Chromatic

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

lol! The all new Hand if God setting. It's not an assist, just a preference. 

Hand of God. Much better name I love it! 

On by default... 

:classic_cool:

• Haha 2

An update would be nice. Fixing the R/D curve, mid-season transfers and AI wet/changing weather are at the top of my list (no crashes/FPS issues on my side).

Please, no more cosmetic features or introduction of more F2 content before the career mode is fixed.

• Like 1

I see communication is still a strong point with codemasters. Its interesting checking in every month or two to see how little they interact with the community once the games released.

• Agree 8

On 10/17/2019 at 6:41 AM, HerbieVerstinks said:

Did you get that new skin colored hand brake that has balls on it?

No, I'm using the Tarzan in black with the rotating pinky switch.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, diderooy said:

An update would be nice. Fixing the R/D curve, mid-season transfers and AI wet/changing weather are at the top of my list (no crashes/FPS issues on my side).

Please, no more cosmetic features or introduction of more F2 content before the career mode is fixed.

They did do the AI again in the last patch so  I doubt they'll play with it any more at least not in F1 2019. As for the driver transfers I think the only short term fix available will be to add a toggle so people can toggle it on and off if they want as I know some are happy with it whereas others are not I'm happy with it for example so I'd probably leave it on.  The reason I say that is that it's connected to the contract system that we the  player uses so whenever we get to negotiate a contract every other team and driver on the grid is as well. The only way I can see them eliminating the problem is to go back to a  contract system similar to what they had for F1 2016 and F1 2017 where you only had 1 mid season window and one end of season window.

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

They did do the AI again in the last patch so  I doubt they'll play with it any more at least not in F1 2019. As for the driver transfers I think the only short term fix available will be to add a toggle so people can toggle it on and off if they want as I know some are happy with it whereas others are not I'm happy with it for example so I'd probably leave it on.  The reason I say that is that it's connected to the contract system that we the  player uses so whenever we get to negotiate a contract every other team and driver on the grid is as well. The only way I can see them eliminating the problem is to go back to a  contract system similar to what they had for F1 2016 and F1 2017 where you only had 1 mid season window and one end of season window.

They did indeed modify the AI, and they swung it back too far so that the AI in wet is now too weak. Is there no possibility to have it where it needs to be? Surely they didn't bother "fixing" it (not fixing it) just to say "okay, we're done"?

I'd LOVE a toggle to turn off mid-season transfers, and I'm sure most would agree.