Pad vs wheel car setup

I'm intrigued to know if there are any car setup settings I need or could change when it comes to tuning my car I'm currently using a ps4 pad for now until I've saved myself enough to buy a wheel.

• Agree 1

Hi , 

a great budget entry wheel with great ffb would be T150 wheel,( thrustmaster 150) ,

although tbh 80% of pad vs wheel will win ,

depending on what game you want to race on a wheel is much more fun and immersive,

hope this helps.

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Hi , 

a great budget entry wheel with great ffb would be T150 wheel,( thrustmaster 150) ,

although tbh 80% of pad vs wheel will win ,

depending on what game you want to race on a wheel is much more fun and immersive,

hope this helps.

Thanks for your response I had been looking at the t150 but the t300 is my aim heard the pedals are there flaw the g29 has better ones apparently so it looks like even more saving up for an upgrade maybe.

12 hours ago, smudger1982 said:

Thanks for your response I had been looking at the t150 but the t300 is my aim heard the pedals are there flaw the g29 has better ones apparently so it looks like even more saving up for an upgrade maybe.

you could get the T150 pro that has the t3pa 3 pedal set, i have the pro and used it for 18 months on GT Sport until i upgraded my whole setup 3 months ago. i loved it, the ffb was good and the wheel is fun to use. i bought mine secondhand too.

• Thanks 1

T150 is a great wheel to get started, but if you’re aiming for the T300 go ahead and get it. You won’t be disappointed. 

As far the pedals go, get the T3PA Pro pedals. They’re waaaay better. 

I just upgraded to the Fanatec Podium wheel. All I can say is.... Oooooooo it’s nice!

• Agree 1

I have used the pad for a year now (still relatively new to F1) and just picked up 2019 last week. Within a day I had master rank online and was quite competitive with 100+ AI. I have always wanted a wheel and just the other day I was able to get the Thrustmaster Ferrari t80 488 gtb edition (cheap wheel, I know) and now I can barely get around the track. Not even competitive with AI at 40. Understeer is absolutely killing me and I’ve tried for hours to mess with wheel settings/car settings with no success. I definitely prefer the game with the wheel, but I miss being a competent driver. Very frustrating

On 10/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, chapy09 said:

I have used the pad for a year now (still relatively new to F1) and just picked up 2019 last week. Within a day I had master rank online and was quite competitive with 100+ AI. I have always wanted a wheel and just the other day I was able to get the Thrustmaster Ferrari t80 488 gtb edition (cheap wheel, I know) and now I can barely get around the track. Not even competitive with AI at 40. Understeer is absolutely killing me and I’ve tried for hours to mess with wheel settings/car settings with no success. I definitely prefer the game with the wheel, but I miss being a competent driver. Very frustrating

Turn off all assist it's easy that way. AI 85

To many gammer use assist so you don't actually drive you part drive.

I am no way quick on the wheel, I drive cockpit mode, no assist at all , been racing less than a year and it's great feeling to know it's all up to you.

You will also notice a lot off missing FFB information like no wheel vibration on race start etc.

If you search you will see that pad user have an advantage over wheel user.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1