Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport TEAM Racing

Will there be Team based racing.  

An event where 2, 3 or  4 teams enter the race, and depending on the finish positions one team would win the event.  

I know you have teams already, and what im suggesting can probably be done in custom cup.....but Will there be an online team racing event? 

I would imagine there will be as I'd imagine that'll be the case on single and multiplayer as that's I think how most of these motorsports games work in determining how much XP you earn or whatever and whatever options are available to the player throughout the game. I can't say for sure though but based on the various racing games of recent times that I've played that's what I think

Yeah but this is Codemasters,   They make racing games and leave out basic racing game functions. 

Then add in flashbacks.  

PGR4 had TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (3 races)  and TEAM EVENT (1 race).  Great fun. 

Yeah but this is Codemasters,   They make racing games and leave out basic racing game functions. 

Then add in flashbacks.  

PGR4 had TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (3 races)  and TEAM EVENT (1 race).  Great fun. 
What racing game functions? Tbf to them they put in everything I'd expect to see in a racing game and tbh CM aren't the only racing team that use flashbacks in their games as NFS have them too (although they're called rewinds in that game) at least in NFS The Run they did. I generally think flashbacks are a good idea for the novice player really. I don't know about online as I don't touch that part but offline it has everything a racing game needs.

Basic racing game functions : 

Replays - savable and viewable when ever you want
Laptime Leaderboards - for every track, and car class. 
Txt chat -  for PC users
In car view - even though its not used by many 
Testing/practise - somewhere you can just drive around any track with any car for aslong as you want.
No Flashbacks ONLINE - seriously no other racing has ever had flashbacks in online multiplayer. 
DLC - that can be used online regardless of who has got it or not. 
Kick vote system - that actaully kicks the person and bans them from that lobby.

NFS didnt have flashbacks online,  Forza 4 has them in single player...i think its the rewind type like NFS, but its not ONLINE.  

If there were no flashbacks online, then people have to learn the tracks and pay attention - and that will improve the whole online experience for everyone.  Those people who cannot learn the tracks will have to get used to being at the back and having a damaged car.  Give them flashbacks, and they can ruin your car/race aswell for as long as they are stocked with flashbacks.  Give them none at all, and they can crash you once. 

The items in bold above have been in all real racing games that ive played before GRID 2. 

based on what I've read and heard from @Loore and the other CM personnel I'd say most of this stuff is in the game we don't know about the txt chat but the rest of it I think is and as for the no flashbacks there are options to turn them off and I'm sure Lobbies where they will be turned off