Sign in to follow this  

Anyone used OBS to record their DiRT Rally game yet?

I couldn't get it to work earlier (Asus N56J, Nvidia GeForce 840M, 8 gigs of blah RAM, Intel i7... I think 4510?, never had any trouble recording DiRT 3 with this machine) and so I'm wondering if there's a special setting somewhere I need to check... if more details are needed, I will provide them, but I suspect it's just something I forgot to check or select somewhere.All I was getting was a big black screen with no sound. Thanks in advance. 

Hey, I've recorded a couple of things and streamed it with OBS and it works perfectly fine, but I am on a reasonably powerful desktop system by comparison. 

From my limited experience it just sounds like you have the wrong window selected. Make sure your source is Game Capture and the Application is [drt]: Dirt Rally.

Other than that I don't really know what the issue could be from the details provided. 

Hey, I've recorded a couple of things and streamed it with OBS and it works perfectly fine, but I am on a reasonably powerful desktop system by comparison. 

From my limited experience it just sounds like you have the wrong window selected. Make sure your source is Game Capture and the Application is [drt]: Dirt Rally.

Other than that I don't really know what the issue could be from the details provided. 
Well, thank you for your suggestions. It could be the power of my machine I suppose, or maybe it's because I have a mobile Nvidia graphics card and there's that full-screen bug with those cards? I did check OBS again and I had the right window selected, but that's a good thought (I've definitely done that in the past :smile: ) Anyway I appreciate the suggestions, thank you!