Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... √ó

Quick Update - 15/10/2019

1 hour ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Isn't racing against AI same as singleplayer mode? Or you mean , playing with close friends and adding AI without allowing strangers to join?

Anyway, i just started playing TOCA3 once again and i really think developers must sit down and play few laps in that game to get a feeling of handling in game... ūüôā

Great game absolutely loved MP  with all these options and content , are the servers still up?

2 hours ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

It's simple. The same reason why a lot of people hated Forza 7.

There are people that hate to play against randoms on the internet, 'cuz people are arseholes and ram like idiots.

So we want to play custom and 1 vs. 1 is boring as hell, so we like to add A.I.

And to be honest, I don't think the A.I is boring. Just don't post suggestions without thinking about other people, who might like a specific feature.

The proper way to change this would be an on and off switch.

I fail to see what the problem is here.  

If you go into private match you can add or remove AI. 

So If CM add a PUBLIC CUSTOM lobby,  surely the option for AI would be there.  Its a CUSTOM lobby after all.   But for all PUBLIC playlist like lobbies,  like in the current quick match the AI need to go. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

I fail to see what the problem is here.  

If you go into private match you can add or remove AI. 

So If CM add a PUBLIC CUSTOM lobby,  surely the option for AI would be there.  Its a CUSTOM lobby after all.   But for all PUBLIC playlist like lobbies,  like in the current quick match the AI need to go. 

"I fail to see the problem is here"

The problem is that some people want the A.I removed completely in mp, what means any mode.

And I am against it.

Edited by AGPxSnipeZ

10 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Great game absolutely loved MP  with all these options and content , are the servers still up?

This is beacuse back then companies would only be able to make money on the strength and content of their games , these days games are stripped of all content and sold seperatly as DLC. A practice I hate.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

This is beacuse back then companies would only be able to make money on the strength and content of their games , these days games are stripped of all content and sold seperatly as DLC. A practice I hate.

Imagine next DLC, multiplayer option ūüôā

3 hours ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

The problem is that some people want the A.I removed completely in mp, what means any mode.

And I am against it.

AI shouldn't be in public quick match, end of. If you want AI backfill and to play with a small group of others, that's what private lobbies should be for.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

And I am against it.

Yes, thats what I want.  Thats the way online multiplayer works.  Its humans Vs humans.    Career mode is Human Vs AI.   Before we had the internet or at least modems,  career mode/single player was all there was.  

You want a CUSTOM lobby thats open to anyone, will all options available for YOU to customise. That would include AI [ON] or [OFF].  Thats not a public playlist lobby like quick match, or a touring only playlist etc.  So stop confusing the issue.   There is no reason they cant do what you want, and get rid of AI in public playlist lobbies. 

People want to jump into multiplayer and play humans.  Only humans.  

Do you play CoD Team Deathmatch  or any other FPS online and expect to shoot BOTS?  

On ‚Äé10‚Äé/‚Äé16‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 10:45 AM, ThatsJustFlukey said:

Not in quick match you can't.   Just tried it.  Me and another human,  14 Ai's... LAME. 

Private match maybe,  but id rather be in an open lobby that might possibly fill up with real people. 

Having the option of no AI in Multiplayer - Quick Match has indeed been brought up plenty of times by the community, so rest assured I've logged it and discussed it with the team. ūüôā

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Having the option of no AI in Multiplayer - Quick Match has indeed been brought up plenty of times by the community, so rest assured I've logged it and discussed it with the team. ūüôā

That is great to hear so thank you.  

But was the outcome of the discussion? 

5 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Also, please dont forget about Collisions being off during HOT LAP events.  

Collisions on or off should also be an option in Private lobbies / open custom lobbies. ūüĎć

I don't like AI in MP,  they should be disabled in matchmaking in my opinion but nothing wrong to be in custom / private lobbies as optional... 

As the most asked lack / issue / thing to be fixed feature is the addition of public custom lobbies i assume cm will satisfy community adding it sooner or later (i remind it was a standard feature in all previous cm games)... As mp must be redesigned again add text chat and spectator mode when you join in lobby... Assist on/off,  vote kick for anyone in lobby,  camera lock would be welcome as well... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

Yes, thats what I want.  Thats the way online multiplayer works.  Its humans Vs humans.    Career mode is Human Vs AI.   Before we had the internet or at least modems,  career mode/single player was all there was.  

You want a CUSTOM lobby thats open to anyone, will all options available for YOU to customise. That would include AI [ON] or [OFF].  Thats not a public playlist lobby like quick match, or a touring only playlist etc.  So stop confusing the issue.   There is no reason they cant do what you want, and get rid of AI in public playlist lobbies. 

People want to jump into multiplayer and play humans.  Only humans.  

Do you play CoD Team Deathmatch  or any other FPS online and expect to shoot BOTS?  

I'm not confusing the issue. How about you learn to create a proper sentence and tell people exactly what you want.

And what don't you understand about "removed completely from MP"? That statement exactly describes every MP-mode which, *surprised pikachu face*, includes custom lobbies.

Multiplayer isn't just human vs human. Online co-op is still multiplayer...

Let me do exactly the stuff that you couldn't a achieve:

"Hey Codemasters,

can you disable A.I in quickmatches, so we can play Player vs. Player only?"

"People want to jump into multiplayer and play humans. Only humans." Yet again... you are talking for everybody.

"Do you play CoD Team Deathmatch or any other FPS online and expect to shoot BOTS?"

So you play Borderlands and other co-op games PvP? Good to know.

BTW. F1 2013 - 2019 does exactly what I mean.

Bring back Demo derby? Also when will we hear plans for more tracks? WE REALLY NEED THEM. 

1 hour ago, Jay84 said:

Bring back Demo derby? Also when will we hear plans for more tracks? WE REALLY NEED THEM. 

1 week in - and you have played every track, and every variant so much that you are now bored and so more tracks are a pressing need?

Come on man.

Let the game stretch its virtual legs a little - there are other legitimately pressing needs that need to be addressed firstly. Once the core experience has been adjusted/improved - then we can clamour about content and DLC (which is inevitably forthcoming anyways).

Edited by Buckwilder

15 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

1 week in - and you have played every track, and every variant so much that you are now bored and so more tracks are a pressing need?

Come on man.

Let the game stretch its virtual legs a little - there are other legitimately pressing needs that need to be addressed firstly. Once the core experience has been adjusted/improved - then we can clamour about content and DLC (which is inevitably forthcoming anyways).

People working on additional content are not the same people implementing the multiplayer or engine features/bugfixes.

• Like 1

Correct - and this thread was to update people on the status of known issues and game bugs and assure folks they are being worked on. 

Edited by Buckwilder

5 hours ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

I'm not confusing the issue. How about you learn to create a proper sentence and tell people exactly what you want.

And what don't you understand about "removed completely from MP"? That statement exactly describes every MP-mode which, *surprised pikachu face*, includes custom lobbies.

Multiplayer isn't just human vs human. Online co-op is still multiplayer...

Let me do exactly the stuff that you couldn't a achieve:

"Hey Codemasters,

can you disable A.I in quickmatches, so we can play Player vs. Player only?"

"People want to jump into multiplayer and play humans. Only humans." Yet again... you are talking for everybody.

"Do you play CoD Team Deathmatch or any other FPS online and expect to shoot BOTS?"

So you play Borderlands and other co-op games PvP? Good to know.

BTW. F1 2013 - 2019 does exactly what I mean.

So what exactly are you saying there? 

I don't understand what your problem is lmao.

31 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

i understand him, i still think multiplayer is not the place for AI… is just a nosense. 

Yh I understand him, I just don't understand his problem lol.

AI is a nonsense..... agree 100%

9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

The problem isn't just AI.  We need to fill the lobbies with people.  The way it's set up right now would still mean a low amount of players in a lobby.

• Agree 1

On 10/18/2019 at 12:11 AM, Kaylos29 said:

The problem isn't just AI.  We need to fill the lobbies with people.  The way it's set up right now would still mean a low amount of players in a lobby.

I'm not playing it until they get rid of AI in MP. If they don't do this, I want my money back.

post_process_tonemap.nefx2.sm51_normal.erp
post_process_tonemap.nefx2.sm51_amd_normal.erp
CrashSender1406.exe
Grid_dx12.exe

Files that have been modified.

• Like 2