Quick Update - 15/10/2019

Just now, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Thanks once again for all of your feedback so far on GRID, which has helped us already centre in on some topics and areas to investigate and address. 

A quick update I can give you is that the first patch is already in the works, and we're working hard to see what community-driven feedback can be included in there. Before that though, we'll be looking to implement a 'hotfix' of sorts for a few other things we're working on. 

So TL;DR - patch on the way soon. Hotfix on the way even sooner. All details will be with you when they're confirmed.

Thank you 🙂 

Thanks a lot for the update Chris. Looking forward to more news and an ETA of the hotfix!

15 minutes ago, FatihMcFly said:

Please make race distance adjustable as in Autosport!!!!!

yeh agreed , Im not brilliant at the game I play on hard , and some tracks i do struggle on , but i often feel if i had a few more laps id make a chance of getting on the podium.

One other thing as well is that with such small races in terms of laps you lose it,  and crash say near the end of lap 2 of 3 in a race , its almost impossible to get back into the race (I dont use flashbacks, kills what little immersion there is.. lol), a few more laps would give you a fighting chance, imo.

But good to know things are at least being looked at 👍

Edited by Madmaz116
  • Agree 4

Thanks for the update. Maybe a little more grip for the cars unde acceleration? Some cars are quite hard on controller/keyboard.

• Agree 3

Will this update include resolution improvements to take it from below 720p to a somewhat respectable res? If 1080p really is out of reach (which is unrealistic as both f1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 both hit 1080p at higher than 30fps), 900p is bare minimum 

I really really hope you have heard the pleas to remove the AI from Online multiplayer completely.   This needs to be top of the list.  1st thing addressed.  

Please.  

• Agree 4

27 minutes ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

I really really hope you have heard the pleas to remove the AI from Online multiplayer completely.   This needs to be top of the list.  1st thing addressed.  

Please.  

You can play online without Ai.

• Disagree 4

9 minutes ago, KreuZenNL said:

You can play online without Ai.

Not in quick match you can't.   Just tried it.  Me and another human,  14 Ai's... LAME. 

Private match maybe,  but id rather be in an open lobby that might possibly fill up with real people. 

Edited by ThatsJustFlukey
  • Agree 2

Public custom lobbies, and Online rammer flashback fest lobbies as were on Grid 1, 2 and GAS. With a lobby browser like Grid 1 and GAS.

(Grid 1 minus the flashbacks as that was a proper game, also it had full damage all the time and people still loved the game to death

I know the world is full of snow flakes these days, and that's why we have and why we will never see the removal of flashbacks.  But full damage adds to the excitement. Good or bad.  The risk of killing your car.  Its like driving an 80's hot hatch down a B road at speed.  Its exciting as there are no computers to save you.  If you cant control the car your gonna crash.   

This era of flashbacks and visual damage and terminal damage that's well, not terminal is for lack of a better phrase...a bit namby pamby. 

Whats wrong with having to sit the rest of the race out if you wrecked your car? I know it sucks when its you that wrecks but It gives you an incentive to not wreck your car the next time.  It makes people drive better, or they will sit out.  Plus it looked great to see your car explode and parts flying off in slow-mo. 

It made Grid 1 awesome. 

A hardcore mode wont suffice as it just splits the player base.  It needs to be game wide all the time.  Forced, not just an option.  It would only improve the credibility of this game as a proper racer.  Thats my opinion any way.  😜

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

Public custom lobbies, and Online rammer flashback fest lobbies as were on Grid 1, 2 and GAS. With a lobby browser like Grid 1 and GAS.

(Grid 1 minus the flashbacks as that was a proper game, also it had full damage all the time and people still loved the game to death

I know the world is full of snow flakes these days, and that's why we have and why we will never see the removal of flashbacks.  But full damage adds to the excitement. Good or bad.  The risk of killing your car.  Its like driving an 80's hot hatch down a B road at speed.  Its exciting as there are no computers to save you.  If you cant control the car your gonna crash.   

This era of flashbacks and visual damage and terminal damage that's well, not terminal is for lack of a better phrase...a bit namby pamby. 

Whats wrong with having to sit the rest of the race out if you wrecked your car? I know it sucks when its you that wrecks but It gives you an incentive to not wreck your car the next time.  It makes people drive better, or they will sit out.  Plus it looked great to see your car explode and parts flying off in slow-mo. 

It made Grid 1 awesome. 

A hardcore mode wont suffice as it just splits the player base.  It needs to be game wide all the time.  Forced, not just an option.  It would only improve the credibility of this game as a proper racer.  Thats my opinion any way.  😜

Are you the Flukey? From GAS and all the fighting with ScrambleWizard? xD 

7 hours ago, ThatsJustFlukey said:

No, they shouldn't remove it completely. Maybe quick races, but not custom! Stop talking for everybody.

Edited by AGPxSnipeZ
  • Disagree 4

7 minutes ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

No, they shouldn't remove it completely. Maybe quick races, but not custom! Stop talking for everybody.

Can you explain me the purpose to have fake ai racer car on multiplayer ? 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Lack of real players ? 💡 I know right, i am smart... 😂

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

It's simple. The same reason why a lot of people hated Forza 7.

There are people that hate to play against randoms on the internet, 'cuz people are arseholes and ram like idiots.

So we want to play custom and 1 vs. 1 is boring as hell, so we like to add A.I.

And to be honest, I don't think the A.I is boring. Just don't post suggestions without thinking about other people, who might like a specific feature.

The proper way to change this would be an on and off switch.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AGPxSnipeZ said:

It's simple. The same reason why a lot of people hated Forza 7.

There are people that hate to play against randoms on the internet, 'cuz people are arseholes and ram like idiots.

So we want to play custom and 1 vs. 1 is boring as hell, so we like to add A.I.

And to be honest, I don't think the A.I is boring. Just don't post suggestions without thinking about other people, who might like a specific feature.

The proper way to change this would be an on and off switch.

this is very specific, in this case i agree with you. I would prefer a kickvote option to cut out rammers btw.

On Off switch is the best option. 

Edited by FlashStealth

6 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

this is very specific, in this case i agree with you. I would prefer a kickvote option to cut out rammers btw.

On Off switch is the best option. 

Yes, features like this should be added. Everything else would just mean cutting features that were already in the game.

People should have the choice to play like they want to, so there's something for everyone.

It's a bit sad that they didn't use any crossplay feature... That would have boosted the player count.

Isn't racing against AI same as singleplayer mode? Or you mean , playing with close friends and adding AI without allowing strangers to join?

Anyway, i just started playing TOCA3 once again and i really think developers must sit down and play few laps in that game to get a feeling of handling in game... 🙂