Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[GRID 2019] Option missing to adjust race distances

Recommended Posts

I have no fun playing in Very Hard difficulty without having enough laps to become first! I dont want to put it in a weaker difficulty just to become first. I just want to get enough laps like 20-30 to become first! Do it like Autosport with the x2, x3, x4, x5 option to adjust the distances!!!!!!!! I am not going to play the game until this Patch rolls out.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree. There should be an option to let the player decide how many laps he want to drive in the career events. More lap = more credits of course 🙂

Not everyone likes to drive ultra short 2 lap races...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be fine if qualifying wasn't badly imbalanced (sometimes unbeatable, sometimes way too easy). With reverse grids, you're far from the only one who's struggling, so that only leaves the first race as being a problem, and that one is mostly randomized (apart from your low starting position) upon entering the series so you can quit back to the menu and restart if you get, say, Rick Scott and Fernando Alonso on the front row like I did one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffer said:

This would be fine if qualifying wasn't badly imbalanced (sometimes unbeatable, sometimes way too easy). With reverse grids, you're far from the only one who's struggling, so that only leaves the first race as being a problem, and that one is mostly randomized (apart from your low starting position) upon entering the series so you can quit back to the menu and restart if you get, say, Rick Scott and Fernando Alonso on the front row like I did one time.

Oh yeah.

It's so unbalanced. I was about to throw my controller against the wall on Zhejiang Circuit. I just can't get a descent lap time, I don't know how AI can be this fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holybeer said:

Oh yeah.

It's so unbalanced. I was about to throw my controller against the wall on Zhejiang Circuit. I just can't get a descent lap time, I don't know how AI can be this fast.

Different physics. The AI is bound to cheat sometimes because of that. It's one of the few things I'm willing to partially forgive CM on, mostly because of just how awful the current gen consoles are compared to PCs (including on the CPU front, which cripples any possible calculation-heavy AI we might get and is a big reason why we've got things like simplified AI physics and whatnot).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not a question of hardware.

NFS Unleashed 2 was a really good racing game with a nice AI.

I get that, AI is hard to develop but from what I see, this game lacks everything. The game has been rushed and compared to other racing games, GRID is boring and already old fashioned. Project Cars 2 has some bugs, but you can't say that it has a nice appeal with great content. Forza Motorsport, despite the lack of innovations, is huge. Gran Turismo is one the best racing game. I know GRID is much more an arcade game but it's still a racing game. I still don't know how CM can say to itself : "ok guys, this game is great and we're gonna make a good amount of money with the sales". and come one, it's codemasters, not a new challenger with no experience on racing games.

This thread sums up what I said. This game lacks everything. Basics to small details. It just feels this game is still in beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, FatihMcFly said:

I just want to get enough laps like 20-30 to become first! Do it like Autosport with the x2, x3, x4, x5 option to adjust the distances!!!!!!!!

Hey there - This is certainly one of the key community-requested features that has been discussed the most, which means I'm raising it with the GRID team and seeing what can be done. Can almost guarantee it's not a simple addition, but still, I've raised it and we'll see what can be done 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there - This is certainly one of the key community-requested features that has been discussed the most, which means I'm raising it with the GRID team and seeing what can be done. Can almost guarantee it's not a simple addition, but still, I've raised it and we'll see what can be done 🙂

And may we know why ? Should have been a feature already be in the game...

 

image.png?w=1020&c=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If increasing the number of laps is not a "simple addition" for the devs and they have to "see what can be done", we are in dire trouble. 😂

I understand this is the CM "promise without promising" PR type of talk, but sometimes, some discretion should be applied whether the type fits the requested feature. I wonder if not responding is not better than "it's hard, but we are thinking what we can do".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the game needs this option badly. In fact, feature wise, I think it is the most needed option right now.... I'd put it on top of MP improvements, but maybe that's me and my love for career modes lol. 

Races are way too short, does not give you the option to fight. Not mentioning that races this short make the series short, and ultimately the career mode is as short as it can be. This can be mitigated with a slider to make it as short or long as desired, really, like many other Codemaster games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×