Jump to content

More Tracks and ones that don’t exist

Recommended Posts

There may very well be licensing issues with previous F1 tracks, but the game would undoubtedly benefit from having them. But even more so, I want to see tracks that we’ve never seen before. Give us a New York City track, London, the almost New Jersey that never happened. Tracks around the world that have never been raced on. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be fun but won't happen for the reason about licensing you already mentioned. Plus Codies need to spend a lot of time and money finally making the actual official tracks accurate first using laser scan data. Prehistoric design in recent games considering the hi tech data available these days. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, CIX said:

There may very well be licensing issues with previous F1 tracks, but the game would undoubtedly benefit from having them. But even more so, I want to see tracks that we’ve never seen before. Give us a New York City track, London, the almost New Jersey that never happened. Tracks around the world that have never been raced on. 

As an F1 game any tracks introduced to the game should be F1 tracks that exist and now lay dormant as far as F1 racing is concerned.  Watkins Glen, though not dormant as it's used in other sports disciplines, is a great example of a come-back track.  Herman Tilke is working on desinging an F1 city circuit somewhere in the NY City 5 boroughs.  Also, they really don't need that many classic tracks to begin with. 3-5 would be a nice number to start with. 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Would be fun but won't happen for the reason about licensing you already mentioned. Plus Codies need to spend a lot of time and money finally making the actual official tracks accurate first using laser scan data. Prehistoric design in recent games considering the hi tech data available these days. 

Agreed. Get the accurate real tracks and then when that is done, accurate historic tracks. 

It's F1, not Forza.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create your own track would be pretty epic too. Even if the scenery was bland and basic, merging certain corners and elevations together would be amazing! Used to love creating tracks on Sega, wow I'm talking so many years ago 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ChironTheseus said:

Create your own track would be pretty epic too. Even if the scenery was bland and basic, merging certain corners and elevations together would be amazing! Used to love creating tracks on Sega, wow I'm talking so many years ago 😂

TrackMania has a nice track editor.

 

Just imagine all the creative layouts people would come up with.

 

Also, just as a crazy idea, it would become a massive marketing gig if Liberty Media, FOM and Codemasters actually held a trackbuilding contest and the winners layout would be build in reality for the real F1 to race on as a actual GP.

 

Talking about maximum fanservice. 😉

 

 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×