Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Please could we have speed trap data on the timing screen?

Recommended Posts

Knowing your position in the speed trap is vital when setting up an F1 car, but there doesn't seem to be a place that you can easily see the information in F1 2019.

You can see the information for cars that are currently on track if you use the "ride onboard" option, it will tell you the top speed, and their position in the speed trap (e.g. 2nd 199mph).  Jeff also occasionally verbally tells you your own speed and position in the speed trap.  Is there a better way to find out this information.  It would be ideal to have an extra column on the timing screen.

I've also looked at telemetry apps, but can't find any that offer what I'm looking for.

Please Codemasters, this information is clearly already available in your game, could you please just add it to the timing sheet so we can easily see an overview of the speed trap for all cars?

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by DoctaJonez
fix typo in title
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctaJonez said:

Knowing your position in the speed trap is vital when setting up an F1 car, but there doesn't seem to be a place that you can easily see the information in F1 2019.

You can see the information for cars that are currently on track if you use the "ride onboard" option, it will tell you the top speed, and their position in the speed trap (e.g. 2nd 199mph).  Jeff also occasionally verbally tells you your own speed and position in the speed trap.  Is there a better way to find out this information.  It would be ideal to have an extra column on the timing screen.

I've also looked at telemetry apps, but can't find any that offer what I'm looking for.

Please Codemasters, this information is clearly already available in your game, could you please just add it to the timing sheet so we can easily see an overview of the speed trap for all cars?

Thanks,

Matt

Does seem a bit weird you and Jeff stop talking when you pit. 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha we’ve been asking since at least 2017 that I know of.  Good luck!  They increased the frequency that it’s announced in the garage during sessions but now Jeff announces your last speed through the speed trap and not your overall fastest speed of the session

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jrod22145 said:

but now Jeff announces your last speed through the speed trap and not your overall fastest speed of the session

Oh my goodness, that's even less useful than I imagined!  I've been wasting my time, waiting in the garage for him to announce my position in the speed trap, and he's been feeding me bad data! 😂  Thank you for letting me know!

Codemasters, could we please get something done about this?  The data is clearly there in the game (as you can see from riding onboard), could you please add it as a new column on the timing screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, we are currently investigating how best to implement the speed trap data. I can't say when, or even if, we might add this in but it is definitely something that we are taking a look at as we know it is something the community have been asking for. 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @RedDevilKT, I understand that you've got to prioritise these things, but it's great to have a reply and know that it's on your radar. :classic_biggrin:

I'd love for it to be introduced in a patch for F1 2019, but it would be better than nothing, even if it only ends up in F1 2020.

Thanks again for the reply, I know you and the team are busy. 

It would be great if the team could work on a roadmap, so we know what issues you're aware of, and what's likely to be dealt with.  It would also help reduce the amount of queries you get about existing issues.  Do you think this is something that could happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you run the aclimationsation programme during practice, it gives you the Speed Trap info during the laps. 

Really helpful for the setup - especially when the cars develop through the seasons. But yeah, really annoying to have to do it like that.

Jeff always get my reading wrong anyhow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, neonpa said:

If you run the aclimationsation programme during practice, it gives you the Speed Trap info during the laps. 

Really helpful for the setup - especially when the cars develop through the seasons. But yeah, really annoying to have to do it like that.

Jeff always get my reading wrong anyhow.

Really I've never notice that before.  I can totally work with that for now.  Would be cool to have it available properly, but that'll do for the time being.

Thanks! :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoctaJonez said:

Really I've never notice that before.  I can totally work with that for now.  Would be cool to have it available properly, but that'll do for the time being.

Thanks! :classic_biggrin:

Yeah it took me a few years and a guy on a forum for me to notice aswell 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×