Jump to content Jump to content

Share Your Favourite GRID Photos & Videos!

• 4 months later...

Just a few of the last events I've battled through, two of which were some of the hardest I've faced so far (Tenshi Way, Indy Sport Circuit in GT40).

Playlist up to this point... 

Edited by FragManiac
Mistake
  • 2 weeks later...

A few more events. This set includes TC-1 Specials, Pro Trucks, and Super Modifieds. The highlight of this set, is the one thing these 3 events have in common, a frenetic final round in Barcelona.

Playlist so far...

Edited by FragManiac
improper embed
  • 2 weeks later...

Three more events, this time featuring GT Group 1, Super Tourers, and Classic GT classes. The highlight here is the Historic GT event in the Ford GT40, but it also includes by far the most frustrating race yet in the game, Cathedral Pass at Barcelona. It's narrow walled off streets don't lend well to loose handling cars of days past.

The 3rd race in this event was so hard I had to drop AI to Med, but left everything else on Hard.

Edited by FragManiac
  • 1 month later...

Been taking a break to play Monster Energy Supercross 3 and Ghostrunner, but I now have 3 more events done in GRID 2019. This set features the TC-1 Special and Super Modified classes, and introduces the updated Jupiter in Stock class, which is far more than the demo derby car of original GRID, but still frustrating to drive. It was actually all going well until the Crescent Valley track, where the combination of the tough to handle Jupiter and a challenging race course, along with AI scripted to drive it fast, proved very difficult. I couldn't manage any better than the default 16th place start when trying to improve my position via hotlaps, but still managed to podium. I usually can avoid it, but the game's Nemesis system proved to be erratic again. I know I fully deserved the two that agroed at Zhejiang in the TC-1 Specials Asia event, but at Crescent Valley, there were two cars I hit harder than the one that agroed, and the other two remained calm.

Edited by FragManiac
Posted (edited)

Here's the next set of 3 events, featuring GT1, Prototype, and F1000 classes. The 1st event was the American GT Championship, and the rain soaked Indianapolis track was by far the most challenging. It proved to be a good battle with some lead changes. The final race at San Fran reversed, though tough to get used to, resulted in very fast times once I got the hang of it. The 2nd event is the FA World Tour Part 2 in the Prototype class. The highlight by far of this event was the final race at Okutama GP. It ended up being quite a pursuit to catch the leaders, and I had to yet again, but eventually prevailed. The 3rd event is the Okutama Grand Hillclimb in the F1000 class. It was quite a struggle to get the feel of it, but I eventually got a 1st place hotlap. I nailed the hotlap with a sub 3:54 time, so I knew I had a good chance of winning the race, and managed to stay ahead the whole way.

Edited by FragManiac
Posted (edited)

Here's the next set of events, featuring TC-1 Special, Stock, and a new built for Time Attack Tuner class. The 1st event is TC-1 Specials America. The Crescent Valley and Indianapolis tracks were relatively easy, but the many curbs of the San Fran track was a bit hard to get used to. The next 2 events are only 1 race each, Thunder in the Desert at the Crescent Valley Tri Oval, and Okutama Super Lap Challenge on the Grand Circuit. The CV Tri Oval in the Jupiter was tougher than expected, and it can get squirrelly at high speed on keyboard, even just minor adjustments on the straights to avoid hitting the wall, but once I got the hang of how to take the turns, it wasn't too hard. For the Time Attack race I chose the Audi R8 1:1, which easily has the best power to weight ration in this class. I was able to quickly pass one car, but decided to just stay close to the rest, as several were strung close together, and I did not want to risk getting bumped off track and penalized trying to pass. This Okutama race was the highlight for me though, as it was the most thrilling to race.

Edited by FragManiac
Posted (edited)

Three more events, featuring Prototype, F1000, and Super Tourer classes. The 1st event is 1 race called the Prototype Super Sprint at Crescent Valley Infield Circuit. It started out feeling tough, with AI pressing me hard, but once I got the hang of taking the right/left jog where you start heading back to the straight full gas, I got some good gaps going. The 2nd event is the International F1000 Championship at Okutama Sprint Circuit, Shanghai's Waibaidu Way, and the East Track at Zhejiang Circuit. The only real tough one there was Zhejiang, as it was in pouring rain and it was hard to get any gap on the AI. The 3rd event is again, 1 race, the Super Tourers Heritage Group A Trophy in the classic Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth. This was the only race in these events that I finally gave up on trying to get a 1st place start, and settled for 2nd. Once I got the feel of the car though, I was able to win with no contact, and gap them on a couple turns.

Edited by FragManiac
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This set of events includes the TC-2, Stock Muscle, and Modified classes, and they are the last events in the career for each of these classes. I chose the Golf GTI TCR, Camaro SSX Concept, and Honda S2000, which all performed very well on these tracks. The events are the International TC-2 Championship, the Muscle Champions Series, and Modified Pro Tour. The only race I didn't manage a 1st place start via hotlaps was the very first one at Zhejiang in the International TC-2 Championship. I easily secured the lead on the first turn though. The highlight for me was the Muscle Champions Series, particularly the rain soaked race at Barcelona, and the sunset race at Shanghai. The combination of driving a heavy muscle car, and rain and dark shadows, made traction and visibility poor.

Edited by FragManiac