Sign in to follow this  

Teammate became faster in Career Mode ???

not 100 no, but close to, ok then it maybe change soon :D

how is the situation when all other AI cars are upgraded as well?

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

not 100 no, but close to, ok then it maybe change soon 

Okay, let's talk again how it is when your car is 100% upgraded.....:classic_biggrin:

Currently, in my career the other teams are not all 100% upgraded, as I can see from the bar graph.

alrighty, i will watch this.

and what happens when you go down with the AI difficulty? that you match the times with your teammate? e.g. now I use 90 - when your situation applies maybe I need to go down to 88 ? then it should be equal again?

17 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

and what happens when you go down with the AI difficulty? that you match the times with your teammate? e.g. now I use 90 - when your situation applies maybe I need to go down to 88 ? then it should be equal again? 

Unfortunately this does not work with regard to the teammate.

If I do that, then maybe I'm 10 seconds and more in front of the other drivers in every race and can always easily finish as second.

But my teammate always stays faster than me.

damn, so I better do not upgrade the car then anymore

is this a general known bug?

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

is this a general known bug?

Read the first posts in this thread and note when they were written ... and when I noticed that ... so yes!

5 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

this I cannot confirm, in Qualy we are separated by 0,100 - 0,300 but then I did not had the perfect lap.

Anyhow in the race we are pretty equal, 2 races he got the fastest lap and 1 race I had - so all in all everything looks pretty realistic to me.

If you have fully upgraded your car, or at least all the power and aero portions, and are within 1 second of your team mate in race timing then you are a fantastic driver. In qualifying it is possible to get closer as we can get faster laps by steering clear of traffic whereas the ai tends to not manage that so well. I always choose McLaren and whoever my team mate is becomes by far the fastest in the world. Not many players actually go beyond 2 or 3 seasons in career AND go for maximum points for upgrades so it's not a widely known problem. Personally I love the idea of a 10 season career as its possible to have ups and downs while you switch teams during the journey. If you fully upgrade a team and then leave for another it feels exactly like Williams vs Mercedes in real life and you're ALWAYS Williams.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Magic1111 said:

Unfortunately this does not work with regard to the teammate.

If I do that, then maybe I'm 10 seconds and more in front of the other drivers in every race and can always easily finish as second.

But my teammate always stays faster than me.

Actually this DOES work with your teammate. At the right ai setting you  can be equal again and have a good fight with him in all races. Sadly though all the other teams are now 2 to seconds per lap behind you so you will always finish 1&2 in every race. If you want you can not qualify and start last and try to pass the whole field during a long race (I always do 100% races). This is silly of course but it's still better than having only 1 opponent to race against. Problem here though is your team mate will be on pole so of course you can't win....

It gets silly as the ai somehow knows when your car is way faster than theirs (remember the FAST CAR APPROACHING race message). They always slowdown and move out your way fast. This gets sad because Lewis, Valtieri, Seb etc see you coming and just pull over to let you go by, I lapped Lewis THREE times in my last race before quitting to show you how bad this is!

• Thanks 1

I've just read this thread and thinking this will start happening to me.

I'm on my fourth season of my career and in my third season at Ferrari. The car was nearly fully upgraded at the end of the third season, but the Racing Point was just a bit better. I won the title and finished five points ahead of Leclerc in the other Ferrari. Perez in the Racing Point was also close to me, on the track and in the standings.

A few days ago, I bought the final aero upgrade and once that has been completed, my car will be fully upgraded with the exception of reliability. I think I had something like this issue happen in the last race in Spain though. I had the difficulty on 70 (Spain is one of my weakest tracks, but I usually have it somewhere between 71 and 75). I qualified 5th, but found it a bit too easy to get into 3rd. Vettel in the Mercedes and Perez were slower than they had been in previous races. It only took me two laps to overtake both of them and I was then behind both of them after the pit stop, but overtook them on the next lap.

Verstappen was on pole and won the race. I couldn't catch Leclerc and was a couple of seconds behind him. He retired with a mechanical failure, but I wouldn't have caught him as he was too quick. Not 1-2 seconds a lap quicker, but still too quick for me.

My worry is that now I'll have a fully upgraded car, Leclerc will always be 1-2 seconds quicker and that if I turn down the AI, none of the others will keep up with me.

If the upgrade fails, should I just not bother buying it?

• Agree 1

I'm in season 3 and Leclerc has suddenly become a lot tougher to race. Usually have to beat him with a pit strategy and then I can open up a 5-10 second gap before the end of the race.

33 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

I've just read this thread and thinking this will start happening to me.

I'm on my fourth season of my career and in my third season at Ferrari. The car was nearly fully upgraded at the end of the third season, but the Racing Point was just a bit better. I won the title and finished five points ahead of Leclerc in the other Ferrari. Perez in the Racing Point was also close to me, on the track and in the standings.

A few days ago, I bought the final aero upgrade and once that has been completed, my car will be fully upgraded with the exception of reliability. I think I had something like this issue happen in the last race in Spain though. I had the difficulty on 70 (Spain is one of my weakest tracks, but I usually have it somewhere between 71 and 75). I qualified 5th, but found it a bit too easy to get into 3rd. Vettel in the Mercedes and Perez were slower than they had been in previous races. It only took me two laps to overtake both of them and I was then behind both of them after the pit stop, but overtook them on the next lap.

Verstappen was on pole and won the race. I couldn't catch Leclerc and was a couple of seconds behind him. He retired with a mechanical failure, but I wouldn't have caught him as he was too quick. Not 1-2 seconds a lap quicker, but still too quick for me.

My worry is that now I'll have a fully upgraded car, Leclerc will always be 1-2 seconds quicker and that if I turn down the AI, none of the others will keep up with me.

Basically yes you are OP right now. IF you find it too easy you can do stuff like keep using old engines/parts/gearbox etc to take the edge off. AS you dont have reliability upgrades yet you still see considerable wear i bet. U had ALL upgrades and parts were lasting half the season usually. Your team mate is ALWAYS the problem though, all I just said only brings you closer to the pack. I even used desperate measures like pushing him off the track at the first turn. If I missed him it was too late as he'd zoom off into the distance.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Basically yes you are OP right now. IF you find it too easy you can do stuff like keep using old engines/parts/gearbox etc to take the edge off. AS you dont have reliability upgrades yet you still see considerable wear i bet. U had ALL upgrades and parts were lasting half the season usually. Your team mate is ALWAYS the problem though, all I just said only brings you closer to the pack. I even used desperate measures like pushing him off the track at the first turn. If I missed him it was too late as he'd zoom off into the distance.

When the other teams start to overtake me in the performance chart, will they start to close the gap on track, or does this issue mean that I'll be overpowered forever?

Edited by WestHam66

24 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

When the other teams start to overtake me in the performance chart, will they start to close the gap on track, or does this issue mean that I'll be overpowered forever?

If they overtake you in performance chart they should ALREADY be passing you in all sessions. All the cars max out eventually but I never had the patience to find out how many seasons that took. If I ever did another career I'd bank as many points as possible and just keep my car on par with the others. Entirely depends on if you want true to life where your chosen low end team actually stays low or your red bull, merc or Ferrari always compete for podiums. I tend to do McLaren or Williams and accept being annihilation for 2 seasons then I bring them glory. That's 4 seasons and then my team mate is invincible. If you want a long as game as possible then pick a high end team and slack off with upgrades so you're never ahead of them. That way your team mate won't ever destroy you.

There is no fairer way to put it except that career is broken if you do what you're SUPPOSED to do which is practice hard and get as many upgrades as possible. Simulate all practice sessions for a longer career, plus time passes faster and you do more racing!

35 minutes ago, CameronB said:

@sloppysmusic I'm curious how many seasons have you done on F1 2019?

None lol I did 2017 5, 2018 6 then beta tested 2019 and when I found they hadnt fixed career it was the same as before I didn't buy it for that reason 😎.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

None lol I did 2017 5, 2018 6 then beta tested 2019 and when I found they hadnt fixed career it was the same as before I didn't buy it for that reason 😎.

oh lol it just sounds like you've played alot of career mode on 2019

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CameronB said:

oh lol it just sounds like you've played alot of career mode on 2019

True but sadly apart from interviews, driver swaps, ers and the halo career is EXACTLY the same and unfixed in the last 3 games. So if you played one you kinda played then all.

4 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

True but sadly apart from interviews, driver swaps, ers and the halo career is EXACTLY the same and unfixed in the last 3 games. So if you played one you kinda played then all.

I've only done 12 seasons on 2019 and have had no issues with what you've been describing I also did 12 seasons on 2018 and also didn't have the issue of my team mate being OP. I use 106 difficulty and can still keep up with my team mate with a 100% upgraded car

Also you say the driver performance is based on the car they are in when it isn't. I had Verstappen dominate in a maxed out Mclaren whilst all the other cars were maxed out he's then replaced by Grosjean for the following season and Grosjean who is still in a maxed out Mclaren struggles to score points. 

Personally I do not see why you are commenting on multiple threads about 2019 when you have not played the game. You've only seen what others have played which is a terrible way to judge a game. But yeah you're right once you remove the new features its the same game, it's almost as if they take the previous game and try and improve it. 

16 minutes ago, CameronB said:

it's almost as if they take the previous game and try and improve it

Not ALMOST as if , that's exactly what the annual release system is all about! If you're good enough to race at 106 then this would not be an issue for you anyway as that's pretty well the ai limit anyway. For those of us on 80 or 90 it IS a problem. Are you saying BTW that you maxed out completely all 4 sectors of upgrades and then after all that did not notice your team mate getting harder to beat each year? If you're swapping drivers around maybe it's different but that's not a 2019 or 2018 difference, that's a different scenario entirely. Personally I stayed in the same team and had the same team mate for all seasons. That's the control group if you like that I'm saying there has always been a problem with.

42 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Not ALMOST as if , that's exactly what the annual release system is all about! If you're good enough to race at 106 then this would not be an issue for you anyway as that's pretty well the ai limit anyway. For those of us on 80 or 90 it IS a problem. Are you saying BTW that you maxed out completely all 4 sectors of upgrades and then after all that did not notice your team mate getting harder to beat each year? If you're swapping drivers around maybe it's different but that's not a 2019 or 2018 difference, that's a different scenario entirely. Personally I stayed in the same team and had the same team mate for all seasons. That's the control group if you like that I'm saying there has always been a problem with.

I don't see how the ai difficulty level will have any effect I'm saying that 106 is fine for me no matter how upgraded my car becomes. And yes I am saying that I don't find the AI anymore difficult to beat and I do also stay with the same team throughout my career. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, CameronB said:

I don't see how the ai difficulty level will have any effect I'm saying that 106 is fine for me no matter how upgraded my car becomes. And yes I am saying that I don't find the AI anymore difficult to beat and I do also stay with the same team throughout my career. 

Dangit lol i was hoping you wouldn't ask for the tech reason why it affects ai as I'm trying to race myself right now, do some tuning!

Will answer in depth tomorrow if you want but very simply Codies ai is SPEED related whereas other games like Project Cars use CORNER related. IF all ai are at 60 then ai plus faster car will be ai value 60+ X (where x is the car speed difference). This is logarithmic so the higher the ai you race with the lower the effect , so the less your team mate slams you.

ie x=40

ai=60

ai plus super car (x) = 60+40 =100 = 66% faster

if ai =100 then

ai +x= 100+40 =40% faster

Therefore thats how the higher the ai the less percent increase in your team mate speed.

Actually that WAS a fairly detailed answer, i think you can figure out the rest!

😄

Edited by sloppysmusic

10 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Dangit lol i was hoping you wouldn't ask for the tech reason why it affects ai as I'm trying to race myself right now, do some tuning!

Will answer in depth tomorrow if you want but very simply Codies ai is SPEED related whereas other games like Project Cars use CORNER related. IF all ai are at 60 then ai plus faster car will be ai value 60+ X (where x is the car speed difference). This is logarithmic so the higher the ai you race with the lower the effect , so the less your team mate slams you.

ie x=40

ai=60

ai plus super car (x) = 60+40 =100 = 66% faster

if ai =100 then

ai +x= 100+40 =40% faster

Therefore thats how the higher the ai the less percent increase in your team mate speed.

Actually that WAS a fairly detailed answer, i think you can figure out the rest!

😄

right ok I see what you are saying

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CameronB said:

right ok I see what you are saying

cool! sorry my examples were OTT...

more accurate fully upgraded car is about 5 or 10% faster

so 60+5 = 5/60 = 8% faster

whereas 105+5 = 5/105 = 4.75% faster

those are closer figures sorry didnt have time  to explain WHY f1 ai is speed not corners...but you probably know already if you lower the ai they go slower on the straights and everywhere where 'smart' ai in other games (not all!) just go slower at corners where they have to calculate

awesome u understand!

have a great night!

EDIT i forgot to mention that the player themselves improves during career as well so that 4.75% is probably closer to that but its almost impossible for someone to improve by 8-4=4%!! 4% is about 2 seconds a lap.......pretty much how much the ai teammate improves by after 4 or 5 seasons.

😄

Edited by sloppysmusic

16 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

That is exactly the point that nobody has been able to answer.

Namely whether the Teammate really only gets faster with a car that has been 100% upgraded in all areas, or whether the effect occurs much earlier (e.g. with a car that has been upgraded to 90% or 95% overall).

That is exactly the exciting question, from which upgraded percentage number does the fast teammate start.

From my experience, I can only say that a single remaining upgrade no longer saves your career.

At the end of my third season, where I became world champion, my car was 94% upgraded to the last race of the season. I still won Abu Dhabi, but my teammate, who finished second, was much stronger than earlier in the season.

I'm in season 5 now with a fully upgraded Ferrari paired with Leclerc. The first 4 seasons I was in an Alfa Romeo at about 80ish AI or so. At that level in the Alfa Romeo I was able to win the driver's championship, but not the constructor's. Now in Ferrari I'm consistently first, but not necessarily unchallenged. Mercedes, Mclaren, and Racing Point are also maxed out and fight for podiums as AI. Mercedes, depending on the track, do fight near the front I've noticed, but when I get separation, it's big. Has anyone had a go in the high 80s? I kinda want to know if I'm gonna end up entering the lion's den when I boost my AI up for season 6. I won the driver's championship in season 5 with Ferrari at Singapore... so that's how dominating this season was. Trying to find a good balance between good, hard racing with as much of the field as possible, but not being blown out of the water by Leclerc. Thanks.

• Agree 1