Sign in to follow this  

Teammate became faster in Career Mode ???

On 5/4/2020 at 11:01 AM, Liaveil said:

Just replying to throw my support of this if there isn't a proper driver edit mode.

I would love for then to add a proper Fifa style edit mode where you can change real driver stats as well as create several of your own avatars that you can choose to have appear in career/my team and then just choose which one you'd like to play.

Ditto.  It would make the game that much more realistic to have the drivers behave in the game the same as they do in real life.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:37 PM, WestHam66 said:

I've just read this thread and thinking this will start happening to me.

I'm on my fourth season of my career and in my third season at Ferrari. The car was nearly fully upgraded at the end of the third season, but the Racing Point was just a bit better. I won the title and finished five points ahead of Leclerc in the other Ferrari. Perez in the Racing Point was also close to me, on the track and in the standings.

A few days ago, I bought the final aero upgrade and once that has been completed, my car will be fully upgraded with the exception of reliability. I think I had something like this issue happen in the last race in Spain though. I had the difficulty on 70 (Spain is one of my weakest tracks, but I usually have it somewhere between 71 and 75). I qualified 5th, but found it a bit too easy to get into 3rd. Vettel in the Mercedes and Perez were slower than they had been in previous races. It only took me two laps to overtake both of them and I was then behind both of them after the pit stop, but overtook them on the next lap.

Verstappen was on pole and won the race. I couldn't catch Leclerc and was a couple of seconds behind him. He retired with a mechanical failure, but I wouldn't have caught him as he was too quick. Not 1-2 seconds a lap quicker, but still too quick for me.

My worry is that now I'll have a fully upgraded car, Leclerc will always be 1-2 seconds quicker and that if I turn down the AI, none of the others will keep up with me.

If the upgrade fails, should I just not bother buying it?

This has definitely happened in my career. I've just done the French Grand Prix, which is usually one of my better races, but I finished 2nd and was nearly seven seconds behind Leclerc. I was three seconds ahead of Perez and found it rather easy to overtake him after the pitstops, whereas this wouldn't have been the case before I fully upgraded, as the Racing Point was just as a good as my Ferrari. I had the difficulty on 70 for the French GP as I struggled to match Leclerc in Q1 and Q2. I was 0.2 seconds behind him in Q3, but I really had to push. In the same race in the previous season, I had the difficulty on 73 and won the race after overtaking Leclerc on the penultimate lap. 

Leclerc is 19 points ahead of me in the standings, so in order to have any sort of battle with him for the title I'll have to turn down the difficulty. Going by previous posts, the other AI will be terrible as a result.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Leclerc is 19 points ahead of me in the standings, so in order to have any sort of battle with him for the title I'll have to turn down the difficulty. Going by previous posts, the other AI will be terrible as a result

Yes it will be. You're only option without lowering the ai is to ahem help Charles have a mishap, either by blocking him in qualy or push him off the track at the start. Sad but true...

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

by blocking him in qualy or push him off the track at the start

And people still ask if this is a sim?  🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrDraken said:

And people still ask if this is a sim?  🤣

There is no doubt it's a sim now. You are literally Michael Schumacher in the special edition this year and..... Well think about those two options I said you had in my last post.... Think carefully!

🙄🤔🤔😂🤣😉😎

• Haha 1

I've had an email on the game to say that there will be a regulation change for the next season. No details about which department(s) but if it affects aero, will the boost my teammate has go away when the final aero upgrade I put on this season is removed?

1 hour ago, WestHam66 said:

I've had an email on the game to say that there will be a regulation change for the next season. No details about which department(s) but if it affects aero, will the boost my teammate has go away when the final aero upgrade I put on this season is removed?

If it's just one upgrade then it's unlikely you will notice a difference. It's usually only when you have 3/4 or more of available power /aero upgrades installed that your teammate starts to pull away from you.

Third worst car here and kimi is always best of rest or thereabouts in qualy drops back a tad in race but really over driving compared to car performance and I am only in season 1 britain.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

If it's just one upgrade then it's unlikely you will notice a difference. It's usually only when you have 3/4 or more of available power /aero upgrades installed that your teammate starts to pull away from you.

Hopefully it will be fixed for this year's game, although I wouldn't hold my breath!

Edited by WestHam66

2 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

Hopefully it will be fixed for this year's game, although I wouldn't hold my breath!

Fortunately now we know about it when we start a new career we can make sure not to upgrade out cars too much! That's the easy solution, it just kinda sucks that all the work you put in to get points to upgrade your car (the whole point of career lol) is half wasted. I'm definitely trying out the simulation mode next time. If it gives you half points compared to what you'd get for completing all the sessions yourself it might be the perfect fix 

On 5/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, sloppysmusic said:

There is no doubt it's a sim now. You are literally Michael Schumacher in the special edition this year and..... Well think about those two options I said you had in my last post.... Think carefully!

🙄🤔🤔😂🤣😉😎

Also, considering the first lap of the 1990 Japanese Grand Prix, you're absolutely right!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

Also, considering the first lap of the 1990 Japanese Grand Prix, you're absolutely right!

I was also referring to the track blocking incident in 2006 Monaco. Parking your car on the final turn whilst you have pole to stop anyone beating your time. Brilliant! 🛑🤣

Just now, sloppysmusic said:

I was also referring to the track blocking incident in 2006 Monaco. Parking your car on the final turn whilst you have pole to stop anyone beating your time. Brilliant! 🛑🤣

Nico Rosberg did something similar in Monaco.  He went "too hot" down the hill toward Loews and had to take the run-off road, then backed onto the track, creating a yellow flag situation that caused Lewis to slow down and not take pole.  Of course, it was accidental.  🤣

• Haha 1