Sign in to follow this  

Teammate became faster in Career Mode ???

So i started Career Mode with Alfa Romeo and my teammate is Kimi Raikkonen. I am playing average 105 difficulty (it depends of the track, sometimes 104 and 106 but most of the times 105)

So My Difficulty Level in France is 104 ( tested in Grand Prix Mode with One Shot Qualifying )

• In Grand Prix Mode One Shot Qualifying ( France Paul Ricard - 104 Difficulty ) i am faster then Kimi Raikkonen about 0.200 seconds ( tested 10x times )
  • In Career Mode One Shot Qulifying ( France Paul Ricard - 104 Difficulty ) Kimi Raikkonen is faster then me about 0.100 seconds ( tested 10x times )

Everything was fine before France ... I was always faster about 0.100 to 0.200 to Kimi Raikkonen and now in France he became faster ... it is like he get boost +1 Difficulty Level 🙂 

Edited by TheSerbian

Lol wait until the 3rd or 4th season after you have most upgrades. He will be 3 or 4 seconds ahead of you PER LAP!! 

I kid you not... 

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Lol wait until the 3rd or 4th season after you have most upgrades. He will be 3 or 4 seconds ahead of you PER LAP!! 

I kid you not... 

What ??? Is this a true ??? If yes why ??? There is no point to play career mode if this is a true ...

Edited by TheSerbian

yup, it's true, and if you lower the AI to match your teammate then you'll be 10-15secs ahead of the rest of the pack.

Best solution I've found so far is qualify 2nd and in the 1st corner divebomb your teammate and send him off to a DNF or last

• Haha 2

I have found that the AI are better with a fully upgraded car mainly with traction but not 3-4 seconds a lap faster, more like half a second a lap.

13 hours ago, Camza2011 said:

I have found that the AI are better with a fully upgraded car mainly with traction but not 3-4 seconds a lap faster, more like half a second a lap.

What ai setting are you using? I've found ai 80 or above if you are close to your teammate then the rest of the pack are 4 seconds behind. It's an indesputable fact that if you max out your upgrade points then the 3rd season you will be fully upgraded and it takes the ai another 2 or 3 seasons to catch you up. During that time your team mate (with same ai as the rest) will slaughter the opposition. It's up to you whether you set the ai so you are racing your team mate or the pack. You can't do both with such a gap. 

I typically use 103 AI lowest I ever use is 101 for Monaco, France and Japan. I didn't max out my upgrade points however I did 2 practice programs a race and thats it and I got the Racing Point fully upgraded by France Season 4 but Mclaren had a maxed out car by Japan season 3.

Posted (edited)
On 10/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I kid you not... 

I have to pull this thread out again, because I am now in exactly this situation.

I play 50% Races with 95% difficulty level / PC.

I am now at the beginning of my fourth season in my career. One season Alfa Romeo, now the third season in a row Ferrari.

Last season (third season overall in my career / second season with Ferrari) was my teammate at Ferrari Hamilton. I became world champion with a 100 point lead over Hamilton, won i.a. 12 races of the season.

At the end of this season, the engine and reliability range had been 100% upgraded, chassis and aerodynamic were more than 80%.

After the last race of the season, I ordered the last upgrades so that I now have 100% upgrades in all areas at the beginning of the fourth season. The performance in the graph is, I think, 1021.

At the beginning of the new season my teammate is still Hamilton. I didn't change anything in the settings ... not in the setup, nothing.

Now the results of the first four races of my fourth season in my career:

HAM: 1 / 2 / 1 / 1 with the fastest race lap in every race.

I myself: 5 / 1 / 4 / 2  I only won the second race because after a safety car phase in Bahrain I was able to overtake HAM in the last lap at the end of the DRS zone and save a narrow lead (1.5 seconds) with a lot of luck to the finish.

The biggest anger was in Baku when HAM drove the fastest race lap on hard tires (approx. 18 laps old) on the last lap. Until then I drove the fastest race lap on medium tires that were only eight laps old (I was on a two stop strategy).

I notice that, unlike last season, HAM is driving incredibly fast times, I have no chance to follow.

The question now is: what can I do?

Is there a solution to the bug? Or must I change the team?

And if I had known that beforehand, could I have prevented it if I hadn't upgraded the car anymore?

So will the Teammate only be that much faster if the car is 100% upgraded?

Edited by Magic1111

This topics been going fora while with no official comments on a fix so do not hold your breathe the work around would be dont upgrade and youll just fall back down the grid. Bizarre stuff!

4 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

Is there a solution to the bug? Or must I change the team?

It's not a bug, it's just a design issue that the testing team almost certainly didn't test beyond the 2nd or 3rd season or else they would have spotted the problem. In another post I suggest ways to get round this but not in your current career. You can't undo upgrades. Your career is over unless you lower the ai so it's just you vs. Ham with everyone else several seconds behind.

If you start a new season you can delay and probably avoid this situation completely by ignoring practice sessions entirely or NOT spending approximately half your upgrade points (simulation of practice sessions gives you approx half the points available I believe). Your team mate will destroy you otherwise whoever they are. Mine was Gasly and he was unbeatable too at normal ai levels.

I think I can confidently state that whoever tested long term career mode ONLY used simulated practice sessions and did NOT grind for maximum points like most of us do. Their assumption was probably that most players wouldn't have the patience to grind the same practice sessions over and over each season for 10 seasons. This would explain the problem entirely. Whoever did the testing was probably not your average rpg loving gamer, as it's endemic in gaming to ALWAYS want to maximize performance as much as possible to become as powerful as possible. This isn't really a problem with other teams as you can raise the ai when your car becomes Uber powerful compared to theirs. You can't change your ai team mate from murdering you though. Not a bug, just a design issue.

Easy way to solve this would be to allow players to adjust the ai of all drivers separately with an individual slider. This would also be a lot more interesting as you could update driver ability to reflect the real world as well.

Codies please add individual ai sliders to fix long term career!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Easy way to solve this would be to allow players to adjust the ai of all drivers separately with an individual slider. This would also be a lot more interesting as you could update driver ability to reflect the real world as well.

Just replying to throw my support of this if there isn't a proper driver edit mode.

I would love for then to add a proper Fifa style edit mode where you can change real driver stats as well as create several of your own avatars that you can choose to have appear in career/my team and then just choose which one you'd like to play.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's not a bug, it's just a design issue that the testing team almost certainly didn't test beyond the 2nd or 3rd season or else they would have spotted the problem. In another post I suggest ways to get round this but not in your current career. You can't undo upgrades. Your career is over unless you lower the ai so it's just you vs. Ham with everyone else several seconds behind.

If you start a new season you can delay and probably avoid this situation completely by ignoring practice sessions entirely or NOT spending approximately half your upgrade points (simulation of practice sessions gives you approx half the points available I believe). Your team mate will destroy you otherwise whoever they are. Mine was Gasly and he was unbeatable too at normal ai levels.

I think I can confidently state that whoever tested long term career mode ONLY used simulated practice sessions and did NOT grind for maximum points like most of us do. Their assumption was probably that most players wouldn't have the patience to grind the same practice sessions over and over each season for 10 seasons. This would explain the problem entirely. Whoever did the testing was probably not your average rpg loving gamer, as it's endemic in gaming to ALWAYS want to maximize performance as much as possible to become as powerful as possible. This isn't really a problem with other teams as you can raise the ai when your car becomes Uber powerful compared to theirs. You can't change your ai team mate from murdering you though. Not a bug, just a design issue.

First, thanks for Explanation!

But the whole situation it´s  a shame....:classic_blink:

Can I still save my career if I switch to a team that hasn't done all the upgrades yet?

Or will HAM then remain so strong at Ferrari that I can't beat him in principle?

In section two from your post... do you mean starting a new season in my current career, or starting a whole new career?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Magic1111 said:

First, thanks for Explanation!

But the whole situation it´s  a shame....:classic_blink:

Can I still save my career if I switch to a team that hasn't done all the upgrades yet?

Or will HAM then remain so strong at Ferrari that I can't beat him in principle?

In section two from your post... do you mean starting a new season in my current career, or starting a whole new career?

Sorry you're right it should read NEW CAREER not season. There is a more drastic way to still have fun although it's not exactly legitimate! I'm sure you found that most races start with Ham on pole and you 2nd. It's pretty easy for you to push him off the track at the first corner so he loses several places. The race will then be exciting as you see him move up the field and try to catch you up. It's really silly of course and I got bored doing this after a few races and quit playing.

I had this exact same problem with both 2017 and 2018, as career is my main mode it's why I didn't buy 2019. At least now I know that skipping practice entirely is a good workaround and seeing as I know the tracks inside out it makes the game quicker too! You might have to run the fuel or tire sim though for more race strategy, although tbh it doesn't really matter that much. Experimenting with different tire strategies can be be a lot of fun and challenge instead of just doing what your team recommends.

• Like 1

Wonderful, many many thanks!

But...One more question... sorry...can you say when it starts with the strong teammate? So how far the car has to be upgraded overall so that the team mate becomes so strong. Is this only the case with a 100% upgrade in all areas? Or much earlier?

So is there a percentage to where we can upgrade the car, so that the teammate doesn't get that strong yet?

And I understood that correctly ... when I start a new career, I only simulate the training sessions so that I cannot get as many points for upgrades. Which in turn means that I can upgrade more slowly and thus play more seasons without a strong teammate? Is it correct that way?

• Agree 1

Wonderful, many many thanks!

But...One more question... sorry...can you say when it starts with the strong teammate? So how far the car has to be upgraded overall so that the team mate becomes so strong. Is this only the case with a 100% upgrade in all areas? Or much earlier?

So is there a percentage to where we can upgrade the car, so that the teammate doesn't get that strong yet?

And I understood that correctly ... when I start a new career, I only simulate the training sessions so that I cannot get as many points for upgrades. Which in turn means that I can upgrade more slowly and thus play more seasons without a strong teammate? Is it correct that way?

Yes, it doesn't matter HOW you slow down your car upgrades as long as you do it. If you enjoy doing all the practice sessions over and over then feel free to do them it's just hard not to spend them when they are there in front of you!

If you have good self control the most realistic and accurate way of keeping your car in sync with other teams is to check their upgrade progress after each race and try to match them in all areas, or at least balance it out overall. The ai driver with the fastest car will almost always win unless they have a random failure. So just raise your upgrades to match the other teams. If you find yourself too far ahead by mistake you can at least concentrate on reliability or upgrade discount upgrades for a while until the other teams catch you up.

It's annoying to have to micromanage the game like this but it will give you a much longer career that's still fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yes, it doesn't matter HOW you slow down your car upgrades as long as you do it. If you enjoy doing all the practice sessions over and over then feel free to do them it's just hard not to spend them when they are there in front of you!

If you have good self control the most realistic and accurate way of keeping your car in sync with other teams is to check their upgrade progress after each race and try to match them in all areas, or at least balance it out overall. The ai driver with the fastest car will almost always win unless they have a random failure. So just raise your upgrades to match the other teams. If you find yourself too far ahead by mistake you can at least concentrate on reliability or upgrade discount upgrades for a while until the other teams catch you up.

It's annoying to have to micromanage the game like this but it will give you a much longer career that's still fun!

Okay, understood!

Final questions (if you know and can answer):

- Will HAM stay so strong at Ferrari in my current career, even if I changed the team? I think so, or?
- Will the teammate only become so strong when the car is 100% upgraded in all areas? Or earlier?

Okay, understood!

Final questions (if you know and can answer):

- Will HAM stay so strong at Ferrari in my current career, even if I changed the team? I think so, or?
- Will the teammate only become so strong when the car is 100% upgraded in all areas? Or earlier?

Easiest way to explain this is that it's the CAR that determines speed not the driver. I've never personally noticed any driver be quicker than another in the game ONLY the car they drive makes a difference. There may be slight tweaking of driver performance but I've not actually noticed it myself. So if you change team and take your team mate with you, or even if you don't, the team you left will now have TWO unbeatable drivers/cars you will have to deal with. You can lower the ai to bring them within reach but then the rest of the field will lag far behind.

• Thanks 1

Certain drivers are stronger than others for example, Grosjean, Stroll & Kubica are the weakest AI drivers. Ricciardo, Giovinazzi, Magnussen, Hulkenburg, (Raikkonen (after a few seasons)) are also weak. Russell Bottas, Albon, Kvyat, Gasly, Sainz, Norris, (Vettel & Hamilton (after a few seasons)) Are good. And finally Leclerc, Perez and Verstappen are the best AI. 

Posted (edited)

Is it to be expected that the problem will continue to exist in F1 2020?

Just so that I take that into account before starting my career.

EDIT: Another possibility would be to avoid the problem by changing the team about every two seasons ...🙄

Edited by Magic1111

10 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

Is it to be expected that the problem will continue to exist in F1 2020?

Just so that I take that into account before starting my career.

EDIT: Another possibility would be to avoid the problem by changing the team about every two seasons ...🙄

Just spend upgrade points wisely so you keep up with but don't pass your opponent levels. IT might seem cool having the fastest car but so will your team mate. Don;t matter if you are the #1 driver team mates TOTALLY ignore that and WILL take the race win to deny you the championship if they can regardless of how far down the order they are.

• Thanks 1

I like that, I am also in my 4th season now, Leclerc my teammate, after 3 races He is leading by 4 points the championship. Last season Toro Rosso was "the team" they had the best car and were killing the rest. Isn`t that normal that the best car is the fastest?? In my season Ferrari is like Mercedes in 2017 - 2019, I do not understand your general issue here, for sure you are the fastest with the highest upgraded car oO ? Cannot wait for this season battle with Leclerc

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

I like that, I am also in my 4th season now, Leclerc my teammate, after 3 races He is leading by 4 points the championship. Last season Toro Rosso was "the team" they had the best car and were killing the rest. Isn`t that normal that the best car is the fastest?? In my season Ferrari is like Mercedes in 2017 - 2019, I do not understand your general issue here, for sure you are the fastest with the highest upgraded car oO ? Cannot wait for this season battle with Leclerc

Think the issue the AI driver ability is set for the car they are in not generally so this really messes up when they drive different spec cars 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

I do not understand your general issue here

The general problem is that the teammate is much faster in a fully upgraded car than we are as a player.

In principle, so fast that it is almost impossible for me as a player in an identical car to beat or overtake him. He drives 1-2 seconds faster per lap than me on average. As I said in an identical car.

And this phenomenon only occurs when the car has been almost 100% upgraded. Not previously.

• Thanks 1

He drives 1-2 seconds faster per lap than me on average

this I cannot confirm, in Qualy we are separated by 0,100 - 0,300 but then I did not had the perfect lap.

Anyhow in the race we are pretty equal, 2 races he got the fastest lap and 1 race I had - so all in all everything looks pretty realistic to me.

59 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

this I cannot confirm

Has the car already been 100% upgraded in all areas?

• Agree 1