Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally won't exit

Hi there, just started playing and the main issue so far is the game not exiting and having to kill it via the task manager.  Also, as this may be related, I've have save progress disappear after having to kill the game.

About to drive the Wales event for the third time now as my previous completions have not been saved.

I cannot save my career either because in their wisdom the devs have locked me out from saving because I had to mod the input\paths.xml in order to get my AccuForce wheel recognised.

Also if you mod the camera files I think it does the same, not sure about that one.

Please Codemasters do you not realise people sometimes need to modify files, not to cheat, but in order to use their wheels, pedals and other sim racing equipment ?

Camera files / mods and ffb mods are ok so far. 

My game freezes on exit if the resolution is not matched with my default rez.  This is a big bug in this game. 

Safe way is to hit alt + enter before exiting or changing res. 

Game then starts up in windowed mode and just hit alt + enter again to go into full screen. 

Not elegant,  but thats pc games for you. 

saintjw said:
About to drive the Wales event for the third time now as my previous completions have not been saved.
Are you using the Error 41 test patch they put out? If so, revert to the normal patch and try again. This was an issue I was having also with the patch