Sign in to follow this  

When is best time to change components?

I am playing on an Xbox one X with the Formula 1 2019 game and I wanted to know when the best time is to change out the components during the game without getting a grid penalty?  

you can change parts any time you want ..as long as its not after you leave the garage for the 1st time in qualify or the race.

you can use engine 1 in fp1 ..engine 2 in fp2 and engine 3 in fp3 if you want.  But as soon as you leave the garage for qualifying.. even if you dont set a time, you must use what you have currently in the car.

I usually have 2 engines being used each race weekend. One for practice only and one for qualify ans races only. They way I can thrash the practice engine as much as I want but still have a fresher one for better times and consistency when it really matters. 

Aren't some engines only available for practice and others available for "Events/Races/Qualifying"..?

13 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Aren't some engines only available for practice and others available for "Events/Races/Qualifying"..?

That's the gearbox. They allow you unlimited practice gearboxes I believe but only for fp1 and fp2. 

26 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

That's the gearbox. They allow you unlimited practice gearboxes I believe but only for fp1 and fp2. 

Ok thanks. That's right, was thinking of the gearbox.