Sign in to follow this  

A small request to devs: "Lock to Horizon" option

On 11/1/2019 at 5:24 PM, orangejuiced83 said:

‎ Præcis. Jeg tror ikke, det tager så meget arbejde at ordne det, jeg tror i stedet de mangler lidenskab for biler og entusiasme. Af denne grund jeg spekulerer på, hvorfor bære på 4 projekter (snavs, F1, Grid og F1 mobil) med middelmådige resultater? Svaret er altid det samme, penge. Jeg ville elske at blive nægtet med kendsgerningerne. ‎

I hope and believe CM will fulfill their customers' wishes for this game.
Choosing to believe it is because they haven't had the time to fulfill their customer's wishes yet, it takes time with all the wishes people come with.
Now CM has got everything from Dirt Rally into Dirt Rally 2.0, so I hope CM starts to fulfill the wishes they have received, now that they have the time.

Jeg håber og tror på GM vil opfylde deres kunders ønsker til dette spil.
Vælger at tro på det er fordi de ikke har haft tiden til at opfylde deres kunders ønsker endnu, det tager tid med alle de ønsker folk kommer med.
Nu har GM jo fået indført alt fra Dirt Rally ind i Dirt Rally 2.0, så håber jeg GM begynder på at opfylde de ønsker de har fået ind, nu de får tiden til det.

Edited by NielsJakobsen

3 hours ago, NielsJakobsen said:

I hope and believe GM will fulfill their customers' wishes for this game.
Choosing to believe it is because they haven't had the time to fulfill their customer's wishes yet, it takes time with all the wishes people come with.
Now GM has got everything from Dirt Rally into Dirt Rally 2.0, so I hope GM starts to fulfill the wishes they have received, now that they have the time.

Jeg håber og tror på GM vil opfylde deres kunders ønsker til dette spil.
Vælger at tro på det er fordi de ikke har haft tiden til at opfylde deres kunders ønsker endnu, det tager tid med alle de ønsker folk kommer med.
Nu har GM jo fået indført alt fra Dirt Rally ind i Dirt Rally 2.0, så håber jeg GM begynder på at opfylde de ønsker de har fået ind, nu de får tiden til det.

I like your optimism. You almost convinced me. 😁

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, orangejuiced83 said:

I like your optimism. You almost convinced me. 😁

Maybe I'm too naive too!
Hope CM thinks it serious when CM encourages people to come up with suggestions, but it may be a waste of time to write some suggestions?

Edited by NielsJakobsen

2 hours ago, NielsJakobsen said:

Maybe I'm too naive too!
Hope GM thinks it serious when GM encourages people to come up with suggestions, but it may be a waste of time to write some suggestions?

I would not say naive, you are just a little too optimistic because of the amount of complaints never heard here on the forum. As for the waste of time, I would prefer not to answer you. But you probably have already figured it out. 😆

I only know that I would like to play my favorite rally game quietly. There are stages that I just can't tolerate because of the excessive bump. I tried them but, immediately removed them from my playlist. I can bear the stages with less bumps, on the other hand, for a maximum of one hour. Then the usual headaches and nausea take over me. I saw the video of the almost published Finnish rally the other day and I was going to be sick. Let's say I have tried 1/4 of the game so far, also considering the fact that I don't care about rallycross. Which for hundreds of euros is not bad. I only asked for 2 things, a working handbrake and the possibility to choose a fixed cockpit cam. For me everything else, apart from the already fixed audio bug and some wrong co-driver patch notes, doesn't matter. Liveries, sounds and visual bugs do not add anything to me but I understand that someone might be annoyed.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Agree 1

One last thing: here on the forum we already talk about dirt rally 3, I would rather like to start playing the 2.0! 😆

Edited by orangejuiced83

Please CM, can you merge this topic with "Please take out/optionalize shaky(static) cam" (same subject) and move it to "general discussions"? I don't think it is the right section since we know it's a code error (and for this reason it is not a suggestion). In this section this topic does not have the visibility it deserves and it would be appropriate to be able to talk about it with others. Thanks.

Why the cockpit cam in vr is fully locked but in the traditional way it is not? Is there a possibility to solve the problem by ourselves through the config file? Because this problem would take 5 minutes to work.

@PJTierneyCan you answer me how any polite person would do? Because I asked you something with kindness and education about this topic and for about a month I expect any answer, be it positive or negative. What's wrong with being a decent human being and having the common courtesy to reply me?

34 minutes ago, orangejuiced83 said:

@PJTierneyCan you answer me how any polite person would do? Because I asked you something with kindness and education about this topic and for about a month I expect any answer, be it positive or negative. What's wrong with being a decent human being and having the common courtesy to reply me?

Hey there.

I don't think you tagged me before so maybe I missed it (I see hundreds of messages a day), no need to attack my character 😉 

As for a concrete answer to the question, I don't have one right now, sorry.

Am I right in thinking that in VR your view is locked to the horizon whereas in 2D it isn't, and you are looking for a way to disable this locking?

On 11/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, PJTierney said:

Hey there.

I don't think you tagged me before so maybe I missed it (I see hundreds of messages a day), no need to attack my character 😉 

Am I right in thinking that in VR your view is locked to the horizon whereas in 2D it isn't, and you are looking for a way to disable this locking?

I'm sorry but I thought it was the only way to get your attention. 🙄

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to able this locking in 2D. There are stages that I (like many others) just can't tolerate because of the excessive bump. And immediately I had to remove them from my go to list. The stages with less bumps, instead, I can tolerate them for a very short time. Then the usual headaches and nausea take over me (always in 2D). I saw the video of the just published Finnish rally the other day and I was going to be sick. I own the deluxe edition + S3 + S4 (PC, Steam) but let's say I have tried 1/4 of the game so far exactly for this reason, also considering the fact that I don't care about rallycross. Which for hundreds of euros is not bad. I only asked for 2 things, a proper working handbrake and the possibility to choose a fixed cockpit cam in 2D (the "No Shake" entry in the "Camera Shake" does not seem to work as it should and for this reason I reported it in the "bugs" topic). For me everything else, apart from the already fixed audio bug and some wrong co-driver patch notes, doesn't matter. Liveries, sounds and visual bugs do not add anything to me. Please, help us. I only know that I would like to play my favorite rally game quietly. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by orangejuiced83

On 11/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, PJTierney said:

Hey there.

@PJTierneySo did you understand our point of view?

I think I brought it up in a recent community feedback meeting 🙂 

I don't have any info regarding if there will be changes or not, but I do remember highlighting that some locations (like Argentina) are tougher in VR because of the bumpiness.

54 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I think I brought it up in a recent community feedback meeting 🙂 

I don't have any info regarding if there will be changes or not, but I do remember highlighting that some locations (like Argentina) are tougher in VR because of the bumpiness.

@PJTierneyI'm sorry but I'm afraid I didn't understand. We would like a 2D cockpit camera lock (not in vr, it already there). Pratically, a "lock to horizon" option in 2D, option that all driving games have. If you read this topic you will understand better. It is quite short (the topic). Thanks for your reply.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Like 1