Sign in to follow this  

A small request to devs: "Lock to Horizon" option

What's the philosophy behind the static camera?
In the current case the driver is like a robot with static eyes.
The human eye and the human brain(-"algorhythms" are) is flexibel, so that a static shaking is compensated with a smoother and concentrated view to a point in the front.
The car can still shake and vibrate around this not so strong shaking viewing-line.

Thats kind of unplayable. Drivers are not body-, neck- and eye-static robots.
Maybe it's a bug. Changing "Camera shake" in preferences has no effect.

The rest is a good game for me.

Greetz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Sometimes i have to lift up the gas pedal 'cause i can't see anything by Dirt Rally 2.0 default "shaking" which is an annoying feature and make the games unplayable!
Especially all the stages in Argentina ... bump after bump and you've got a strong headache because your eyes thry to compensate all the times, very frustrating and tiring

Please codemasters, set that camnera shaing to zero or should be better to use a compensation, or give the same as we've got in Dirt Rally (1)

Just an example how other devs solved this problem (sorry for the competing title as an example) check the camera's smooth movement
Compare the hood's movement - that what DR 2.0 is doing now and the camera ios not attached as in DR 2.0 and even worse in DR 2.0 cockpit view

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

that is great example how it should work.... you can even tell the difference if you are going uphill or downhill in the WRC7 vid and mainly you can see the G-force to know how much grip to expect

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Exactly, certain stages are unplayable and the simple "lock to horizon" option would solve the problem for those who, like me, use that camera. All driving games have this option and I would be really grateful if you added this possibility.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Why don't you lock the camera by stopping the move in the option menu ? :classic_ninja:

I tried the "camera shake" option, setting it on "no shake" before and "max shake" after, but the camera moves the same in both solutions. For this reason I think the option in question does not work as it should.

In head camera the camera does not move the same in both solutions.  You must be using a different camera or are not noticing the difference. [this should be in the suggestion box]

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bn880 said:

In head camera the camera does not move the same in both solutions.  You must be using a different camera or are not noticing the difference. [this should be in the suggestion box]

Really? I'll try the second internal camera. So far I've only tried one, the one that allows me to move the seat back and forth. Thanks for the advice.

14 minutes ago, orangejuiced83 said:

Really? I'll try the second internal camera. So far I've only tried one, the one that allows me to move the seat back and forth. Thanks for the advice.

the one that moves the seat is the correct one, it wont fully lock to horizon, but it will compensate some.

24 minutes ago, bn880 said:

the one that moves the seat is the correct one, it wont fully lock to horizon, but it will compensate some.

My hope lasted less than I expected. 🙂 Yes, I knew it and my shake settings are already at a minimum. For this reason I asked to devs if it was possible lock it completely. Thanks anyway.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, orangejuiced83 said:

My hope lasted less than I expected. 🙂 Yes, I knew it and my shake settings are already at a minimum. For this reason I asked to devs if it was possible lock it completely. Thanks anyway.

Set it to maximum not minimum.

• Agree 1

@PJTierney Is there a real possibility of having this option? I don't think it takes that much work to put it in. I repeat, any driving game has this option and add it in progress, considering the myriad of bugs that, in my opinion, will never be all corrected (most of the team has already switched to other projects), it would also be a form of respect for those who, like me, spent about 150 euros, including dlc of course, to support your work. It would also be essential for vr headset users.

N.B.: the "no shake" entry in the settings should leave no room for any other possible interpretation.

Edited by orangejuiced83

On 3/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, MBastieK said:

What's the philosophy behind the static camera?
In the current case the driver is like a robot with static eyes.
The human eye and the human brain(-"algorhythms" are) is flexibel, so that a static shaking is compensated with a smoother and concentrated view to a point in the front.
The car can still shake and vibrate around this not so strong shaking viewing-line.

Thats kind of unplayable. Drivers are not body-, neck- and eye-static robots.
Maybe it's a bug. Changing "Camera shake" in preferences has no effect.

The rest is a good game for me.

Greetz.

A simple "lock to horizon" option would solve the problem for those who, like us, use the internal camera. It would also be essential for vr headset users. All driving games have this option and I would be really grateful if Codemasters added this possibility.

• Agree 1

I feel your problem. I decided to use close chase cam in DR2.0. In Assetto Corsa I stick to cockpit view.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

I feel your problem. I decided to use close chase cam in DR2.0. In Assetto Corsa I stick to cockpit view.

I have a complete sim rig and I can't seem to immerse myself without the view from the cockpit. This lack is a great contradiction for a title defined by themselves "simulative" (for this called Dirt Rally 2.0 and not Dirt 5). To me it seems more like a programming error than anything else. And the "no shake" entry would confirm it. Not to mention the lack of a proper analog handbrake, which, perhaps, will be corrected after almost 9 months from the release of the game (9 MONTHS!, a natural birth pratically). Among other things, I preordered the game in question, but never mind.
Now, to fix this lacks would be, in my opinion, a form of respect for those who, like me, spent about 150 euros, including dlc of course, to support their work.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, NielsJakobsen said:

The Dirt Rally 2.0 with VR glasses seems more like horizon is locked. Can it be right  ???

Yes, it seems to me that in vr the camera is locked. I'd like it if they could explain it.
Hopefully good, in the meantime I invite you to follow this topic as well:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35533-please-take-outoptionalize-shakystatic-cam/

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, orangejuiced83 said:

Yes, it seems to me that in vr the camera is locked. I'd like it if they could explain it.
Hopefully good, in the meantime I invite you to follow this topic as well:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35533-please-take-outoptionalize-shakystatic-cam/

Yes in the "Assetto Corsa" racing game. Can the horizon be locked in one of the camera positions where you can adjust the seat.
And in adjusting the "Camera Shake" adjust the strength of it.

• Agree 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, orangejuiced83 said:

‎ Ja, det forekommer mig, at i VR kameraet er låst. Jeg vil gerne have det, hvis de kunne forklare det. ‎
‎ Forhåbentlig godt, i mellemtiden vil jeg opfordre dig til at følge dette emne samt:‎

horizon is locked.  🙂  

Why is it not an option on computer screen ???

Edited by NielsJakobsen
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NielsJakobsen said:

horizon is locked.  🙂  

Why is it not an option on computer screen ???

I am sorry to have to tell you but probably they will never hear us. We have resurrected a topic that has been going on for several months but to which they have never given an answer. I also reported the problem on the thread concerning the bugs of version 1.10 in "Technical Assistance" (the "No Shake" entry in the "Camera Shake" leaves no room for further considerations, it seems precisely a code error) and, at the moment, I have not had any answer. PJTierney constantly enters and leaves the forum but he continues to ignore us. The posts that do not go unnoticed are those that are inconvenient to them and promptly they will remove them. Their only real interest seems to be to publish paid dlc for obvious reasons. Just a couple of bugfixes every month and nothing else relevant. I've never seen yet a patch focused exclusively on resolving bugs. It seems that they don't care about customer satisfaction. Unfortunately I must confess that I lost hope. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Agree 1

On 11/1/2019 at 1:33 PM, orangejuiced83 said:

I am sorry to have to tell you but probably they will never hear us. We have resurrected a topic that has been going on for several months but to which they have never given an answer. I also reported the problem on the thread concerning the bugs of version 1.10 in "Technical Assistance" (the "No Shake" entry in the "Camera Shake" leaves no room for further considerations, it seems precisely a code error) and, at the moment, I have not had any answer. PJTierney constantly enters and leaves the forum but he continues to ignore us. The posts that do not go unnoticed are those that are inconvenient to them and promptly they will remove them. Their only real interest seems to be to publish paid dlc for obvious reasons. Just a couple of bugfixes every month and nothing else relevant. I've never seen yet a patch focused exclusively on resolving bugs. It seems that they don't care about customer satisfaction. Unfortunately I must confess that I lost hope. Sorry for my bad english.

I don't know how hard it is to make for PC monitor, but others can.
And CM can for VR, so it might be good they want to make it for us who do not have VR.
Just so there is an opportunity to see it and those who do not want to use it, can not use it.

Edited by NielsJakobsen

4 hours ago, NielsJakobsen said:

I don't know how hard it is to make for PC monitor, but others can.
And GM can for VR, so it might be good they want to make it for us who do not have VR.
Just so there is an opportunity to see it and those who do not want to use it, can not use it.

Exactly. I don't think it takes so much work to fix it, I think instead they lack passion for cars and enthusiasm. For this reason I wonder, why carry on 4 projects (dirt, f1, grid and f1 mobile) with mediocre results? The answer is always the same, money. I would love to be denied with the facts.

Edited by orangejuiced83