Sign in to follow this  

Add option to have virtual mirror in cockpit view

20191018163801_1.thumb.jpg.c58fc94246aa2448756cde191aa9ea69.jpg20191018163803_1.thumb.jpg.2db6ff13da285b35f71c4d29ad969060.jpg

This is Peugeot 208 RX. Mirror is there on the right...

20191018222029_1.thumb.jpg.b435eb52faef37a5eee423acaac1ccd4.jpg

So in the cockipit view with no steering wheel and no adjustable FOV you have virtual mirror, but in the cockpit view that has them you don't. I'm assuming that is because in the latter you are supposed to use in-car rear-view mirror? There is two pretty big flaws there: 1) some  cars do not have rear view mirror, like crosskart or Fiesta RX2 2) with a narrow FOV you can't see the in-car mirror.

So I'm asking an option to have rear view mirror on even in cockpit view. Just add a third option there. Obviously it should only appear in rallycross cars since it has no use in rally, and perhaps even only when you race against other cars (i.e. off in practice, free roam, events where you race against the clock)

Also the look back feature in cockpit view is basically completely useless, you can't really see much of what is going on behind your car, with some cars you can't see anything at all. How about adding an option to have the look back feature where you don't see any of your car? 20191018163853_1.thumb.jpg.5cccc7f23b870a40f4701181262d2ce0.jpg

20191018222032_1.thumb.jpg.80da21408ee96e2879f6596fd469f5dd.jpg

Whereas with the bumper cam you can have this:20191018222041_1.thumb.jpg.1fb23ca8d1e7745ae2d0440a49865089.jpg

Third, I would like to have HUD elements to have a "rallycross only" option. For example I prefer to keep timers on in rallycross but keep them off in rally. Because in rally you concentrate on your own driving while in rallycross there are opponents there at the same time. Also rallycross spotter is imo too quiet compared to rally co-driver, if you can't match the volume levels for some reason then you could add separate settings for rally and rallycross.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

disagre you is in RX ,you should listen your spotter 

What the? You are not making sense. Spotter's occasional remarks about cars behind you are not really a substitute to actually being able to see them.

Why is there a virtual rear-view mirror in all other views if you should listen to your spotter? Kind of the point of this thread is that it is very illogical that some players are depriverd of a mirror when others have it.

Why do RX supercars have rear-view mirrors if they should listen to their spotters?

Edited by HoksuHoo

1 on cokpit wiews you have mirror on DR 2.0 is normal  and is not hud , drive in cokpit wiews is more difficult because the wiews on the cokpit is very tight  so that why you need mirror , and you said normal mirror is on the car  so ok  

2 i listen car spotter on DR 2.0 and the co driver is   not bad  he says where is car behind you , example 

- 1 second behind you 

-2 second behind you 

-3 second behind you

- he is on your left or your right 

- is final lap take your joker 

so add this  HUD mirror  is not priority  

for the future codemasters should add  new messages example  if the  driver behind you is  very late the spotter  announce directly  take your joker now   not  only the last lap 

8 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

1 on cokpit wiews you have mirror on DR 2.0 is normal  and is not hud , drive in cokpit wiews is more difficult because the wiews on the cokpit is very tight  so that why you need mirror , and you said normal mirror is on the car  so ok 

Just, wow. You have not read the post, you don't understand what I'm talking about, and you give thumbs down, tell me you disagree.

1) Some RX cars do not have a rear-view mirror

2) With a narrow FOV, I can't see the mirror in those that have it.

3) Virtual mirror appears in one cockpit view but not the other

All of these I clearly explained in the post you disagreed with without reading it, with clear screenshots.

15 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

2 i listen car spotter on DR 2.0 and the co driver is   not bad  he says where is car behind you , example 

- 1 second behind you 

-2 second behind you 

-3 second behind you

- he is on your left or your right 

- is final lap take your joker 

so add this  HUD mirror  is not priority  

He makes these comments about once per lap, so they are a bit scarce compared to being able to see the cars behind you all the time.

HUD mirror is not priority? The game already has HUD mirror, I'm just asking for better options for being able to use it.

1 i no use HUD when i drive in DR 2.0  because is more immersive so the HUD is not my problem and not problem for really simracer  

2 yes with the cokpit wiews is more tight  , the really cokpit wiews , not the dashboard wiews or cokpit cam with nose stick on the steering wheel 

3 honnestly when i drive  in RX  i no look my mirror i listen the spotter  so mirror or not  is not my really problem

• Disagree 1

1) So you don't use HUD, thank you for telling me, I really needed this information

2) I have no idea what you are saying and I don't imagine you do either.

3) You are just spamming now. You are free to not post if it's not your problem

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Haha 1