Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 causing PC to freeze

Hi there,

Since last Saturday I've been experiencing some issue with F1 2019 where I will lose sound and force feedback in my TM T300RS. The first time this happened I tried to open task manager to kill the game, only to find out that my entire pc froze. I had to force a restart on my PC. I thought this was a graphics driver problem because my geforce experience was sending errors while trying to open it. After reinstalling it and updating my GPU drivers, I thought I it would be fixed but then... When I was driving on Tuesday in a practice race (50% race again, different track), a similar thing happened except this time my wheel would continuously turn left, while also losing game sound. I still had discord sound, but the guys in the call couldn't hear me. Again I had to force restart my PC. Yesterday (thursday) I had the same issue as I had on Saturday, where I lost force feedback and sound mid-race again. Today I tried to check if the hardware temperatures were causing it, as it did get quite warm in my room at the time the issues happened. Temperatures were nothing weird, same as they always are. I was driving in time trial and when leaving the session, the game froze in the loading screen and didn't allow me to tab out or open task manager to kill the game. 

The only thing I can currently think of that could be causing the problem is the latest windows update, which I installed last week Friday. I have not yet gone back to the older version where I had no issues. I don't know if anyone else has/had these issues, or knows how to fix them, but any help is welcome. 

Note: Due to the fact that my entire PC crashed on every occasion, I do not have any footage of it 😞

Cheers, JC

31 minutes ago, JustChillin97 said:

Hi there,

Since last Saturday I've been experiencing some issue with F1 2019 where I will lose sound and force feedback in my TM T300RS. The first time this happened I tried to open task manager to kill the game, only to find out that my entire pc froze. I had to force a restart on my PC. I thought this was a graphics driver problem because my geforce experience was sending errors while trying to open it. After reinstalling it and updating my GPU drivers, I thought I it would be fixed but then... When I was driving on Tuesday in a practice race (50% race again, different track), a similar thing happened except this time my wheel would continuously turn left, while also losing game sound. I still had discord sound, but the guys in the call couldn't hear me. Again I had to force restart my PC. Yesterday (thursday) I had the same issue as I had on Saturday, where I lost force feedback and sound mid-race again. Today I tried to check if the hardware temperatures were causing it, as it did get quite warm in my room at the time the issues happened. Temperatures were nothing weird, same as they always are. I was driving in time trial and when leaving the session, the game froze in the loading screen and didn't allow me to tab out or open task manager to kill the game. 

The only thing I can currently think of that could be causing the problem is the latest windows update, which I installed last week Friday. I have not yet gone back to the older version where I had no issues. I don't know if anyone else has/had these issues, or knows how to fix them, but any help is welcome. 

Note: Due to the fact that my entire PC crashed on every occasion, I do not have any footage of it 😞

Cheers, JC

First thing to check would be the wheel firmware and can you post more specs like maybe a dxdiag?

7 minutes ago, JustChillin97 said:

Here is the DxDiag but it shows everything is fine. DxDiag.txt 

I can't imagine that the wheel would be the problem. It's been fine the previous 250 hours I've spent in the game image.png.f16eb1b19a1ead1d96e582724c3cf03f.png

Update the wheel driver and then do the firmware check (in the driver).

I will update your BIOS for the Z97 Gaming 5.

Also please confirm your HyperX headset model.

And there is some Corsair software on there iCue for M65 & K70.

Updated UEFI BIOS (will still read as 1D, unzip to a USB stick)

E7917IMS.zip

Edited by steviejay69

Once you have updated the BIOS please check and disable the Turbo mode on the CPU (this has worked for another user and is how I run my i7-4790K)

23 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Also please confirm your HyperX headset model.

I have a cloud 2, which i used on saturday. On Thursday I used a steelseries arctis 5

• Thanks 1

So.. I uninstalled the windows update on Saturday and haven't had any issues so far. Topic can be closed 🙂

Thank you for trying to help me out Stevie! 

Edited by JustChillin97