DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Are Impulse Triggers implemented in GRID 2019? (Xbox One X)

Does GRID (2019) support impulse triggers on Xbox One? They work for me in Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2019 but not in GRID.

Update: After driving quite a few cars, I found out that the game does implement Impulse Triggers. From my experience, the triggers are mostly muted on many cars and barely give any feedback as far as the degree of wheel slip or brake lockup like they do in Dirt Rally 2.0 or F1 2019. I found that increasing the firmness of springs, dampers and anti-roll bars improves the feedback of the triggers but this isn't really a solution for me. It seems like the baseline impulse trigger rumble needs to be increased to a greater level to be closer in parity to the other titles. I play with ABS, Traction Control and Stability Control set to zero so having more information from the impulse triggers would be very helpful when driving cars like the Ford GT40 which is pretty easy to spin with no assists. If the impulse triggers increased their pulse intensity as wheel slip/brake lockup increased I might know the limit of the car and be able to back off the throttle/brakes and prevent spinning out or locking the brakes. This is just my opinion. Is anyone else having the same experience?

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Updated information
  • Agree 1

I feel the handling is lacking in overall feel, in my opinion. So much so that i played a few hours then haven't touched it since. Ultimate Edition for the win :classic_unsure: 

On 10/18/2019 at 7:07 PM, FlatOverCrest said:

Does GRID (2019) support impulse triggers on Xbox One? They work for me in Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2019 but not in GRID.

Update: After driving quite a few cars, I found out that the game does implement Impulse Triggers. From my experience, the triggers are mostly muted on many cars and barely give any feedback as far as the degree of wheel slip or brake lockup like they do in Dirt Rally 2.0 or F1 2019. I found that increasing the firmness of springs, dampers and anti-roll bars improves the feedback of the triggers but this isn't really a solution for me. It seems like the baseline impulse trigger rumble needs to be increased to a greater level to be closer in parity to the other titles. I play with ABS, Traction Control and Stability Control set to zero so having more information from the impulse triggers would be very helpful when driving cars like the Ford GT40 which is pretty easy to spin with no assists. If the impulse triggers increased their pulse intensity as wheel slip/brake lockup increased I might know the limit of the car and be able to back off the throttle/brakes and prevent spinning out or locking the brakes. This is just my opinion. Is anyone else having the same experience?

Yes this, I've done the same things on 150% etc and a stiffer ride isn't really a fix, I really hope it gets sorted, I've been trying to get it flagged up. It's so difficult to drive without feedback, definitely need to up the baseline for sure. 

• Agree 1