Sign in to follow this  

slower online using gamepad/keyboard ?

i dont know if its a problem from my side though i checked things and it seemed ok , but online keeping up with wheel user is impossible , using the same cars and line , im still behind with a 3-4 sec difference , overall its like every car from wheel user has better acceleration than mine from a large marging , especially noticeable on stock car track with the long straight .

im on auto and changing to manual and highest gear transmission doesnt seem to do a thing .

im aware that wheel can make it a bit faster , its always been the case in any grid game , a i myself used a G27 for a while in dirt/grid series , but i dont remember gamepad would be so penalizing with a so large laptime difference , something might be wrong ..

a strange thing also , i cant even do a 360 spin with the jupiter in skirmish using the throttle and handbrake , i barely turn at all as it has half its power to proppel 😕

using a 360 controller here ... steam version.

Edited by Derdak2rot

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:43 PM, Derdak2rot said:

a strange thing also , i cant even do a 360 spin with the jupiter in skirmish using the throttle and handbrake , i barely turn at all as it has half its power to proppel 😕

Hey there - 360 spins/donuts are possible in any car if you make sure the traction control assist is down to 0, then full-lock the wheel and slam the throttle 🙂 

In terms of pace between inputs/devices, there's certainly no difference in straight-line speed or overall pace depending on what you're using. A wheel input can give more detail and nuance to help top players find more performance, but that's down to player skill and experience - there's no in-game preference on what kind of device to use. 

Thanks!