Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumble strips

Is it me or do the cars spin out way to easily when applying throttle while driving over the rumble strips? Playing with no assists...so I get the added wheel spin, but it’s kinda crazy how hyper sensitive it is. What’s more, is the tire on the outer side of the car relative to the corner is the one bearing most of the weight load - yet the inside tire that touches the rumble strips seems to entirely affect the attitude of the car while applying throttle. 

I feel like this phenomenon needs to be toned down a bit, not very realistic.

At least in most cars it's easy to save on both the pad (provided you change the settings) and the wheel, but yeah, it's definitely exaggerated.

8 hours ago, Coffer said:

At least in most cars it's easy to save on both the pad (provided you change the settings) and the wheel, but yeah, it's definitely exaggerated.

Yeah well that’s the thing - when the spin begins, applying opposite lock tends to whip the car around at light speed in the other direction, especially on the higher powered cars. In a game that takes handling liberties like Grid, I feel like this sensitivity needs to be dialed back, if only by a small amount.

Kerbs are over the top in how easily they spin you out if you touch them while accelerating.  You can actually go over top of them and ride the grass and it doesn't have barely any effect, but it one tire touches, it's over.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:27 PM, Kaylos29 said:

Kerbs are over the top in how easily they spin you out if you touch them while accelerating.  You can actually go over top of them and ride the grass and it doesn't have barely any effect, but it one tire touches, it's over.

Yes, kurbs = death ☠ there like black ice, you put your fate into the hands of the Gods if you venture on to the strips without assists. 

On 10/18/2019 at 11:56 PM, Buckwilder said:

Is it me or do the cars spin out way to easily when applying throttle while driving over the rumble strips? Playing with no assists...so I get the added wheel spin, but it’s kinda crazy how hyper sensitive it is. What’s more, is the tire on the outer side of the car relative to the corner is the one bearing most of the weight load - yet the inside tire that touches the rumble strips seems to entirely affect the attitude of the car while applying throttle. 

I feel like this phenomenon needs to be toned down a bit, not very realistic.

Agree its crazy,  but then there are AI in Quickmatch so It wouldn't surprise me if its a deliberate part of the handling.  😜

Ive been reading about these curbs but I ride the hell out of the curbs and I have no experience or them being ice. Are you using controllers? Im using high-end wheel. 

Which car are you using?  RWD drive cars I've found are the ones that struggle with this issue most.  It does affect the other cars, but is manageable and sometimes even advantageous.  It also seesm to only happen at full throttle.  Even 80-90% throttle seems to make the problem disappear, but not always.  It can get quite brutal affecting your lines significantly.  This is really bad for RWD cars in mixed classes, like the RX-7 in SuperModified which is already underpowered in that class.

Oh yeah ..

It's a death trap. AI can easily run over them, no prob, no spin, perfect driving. 

Me > insta spin .. I would understand if when it's raining, tires are wet, kerbs are slippery .. yeah you can spin but when it's summer (or at least, not raining) .. how can I spin so easily ? 

It just ruins my race. 

I play on Xbox with a controller and I pretty much have to avoid the curbs with RWD cars. It's not as bad with AWD/4WD but still a bit over the top in my opinion. The impulse triggers don't do much even with tire slip turned up to 150 and the others set to 0. I have 3 controllers and they all work well on Dirt Rally 2.0, F1 2019, FM7 and FH4 as far as tire slip from throttle input or wheel lock under heavy braking, with no TC, no SC and no ABS. I think more feedback from the impulse triggers and an increase in the friction of the curbs would be a nice change.