DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Floaty or drifty steering (XB1)

Has anyone played around with steering linearity, sensitivity and deadzones yet.
I have a fundamental issues with the way cars are handling or at the very least how they feel to me.
In general the handling of cars feel very.... Floaty or drifty!?

When I steer the crs seem to keep turning past more than the input or
After I let go of the stick after turning, cars will continue to steer (subtlety) in which ever direction o previous input. Not to dissimilar to the tracking being out.
I changed my deadzones left and right to 10 instead of the default 20. Same as issue at default.
My left steer registers at 0% but the right steer registers at 5-7%.
But as I've said deadzones is only set to ten so this shouldn't be an issue.

Any thoughts from you guys?

2 hours ago, akaJohnCaesar said:

Has anyone played around with steering linearity, sensitivity and deadzones yet.
I have a fundamental issues with the way cars are handling or at the very least how they feel to me.

After I let go of the stick after turning, cars will continue to steer (subtlety) in which ever direction o previous input. Not to dissimilar to the tracking being out.
I changed my deadzones left and right to 10 instead of the default 20. Same as issue at default.

I would tell you buy a wheel - but then I would also be telling you to waste your hard earned money. Drifty, floaty, driving on ice, minimal FFB. Dunno man, something is amiss. It is tolerable on a wheel - but by no means does it feel direct or ‘connected’ to the road.

Odd to say the least.

Hmm, yeah that really wouldn't productive and would be a waste of money like you say. Should be able to use a controller 🎮 without issue really. Idk if there is a work around like I suggested with the controller settings. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:20 AM, akaJohnCaesar said:

It might be connected with your settings. I would recommend setting all deadzones to "0" and very important - "Steering linearity" to "0" also. 

Good luck!

P.S.: my suggestions are based on my experience with all previous GRID games. I still have not bought the new one as before I do a need to be sure the multiplayer is fixed.

14 minutes ago, Boyan said:

It might be connected with your settings. I would recommend setting all deadzones to "0" and very important - "Steering linearity" to "0" also. 

Good luck!

P.S.: my suggestions are based on my experience with all previous GRID games. I still have not bought the new one as before I do a need to be sure the multiplayer is fixed.

Hey thanks for the input, Currently running 2 on the linearity and 100 sensitivity.

The thing with the deadzones on any game I would ordinarily take them to 0, but I can't do this.

Note the steer stick left has no white bar, I could take the left side to 0, but the right side of the turn stick has a little white bar, if i take the deadzones down past this make the car will pull to the right.

I have 3 controller and its exactly the same on all 3.

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG