Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally - Request - Martini Racing Liveries

Hey so since this game is still in development I was wondering if the Devs could work in the liveries for Martini Racing.

Do you remember f1 2014's williams? well i think i don't want a martini livery if it looks like that one. But if I really want a skin for martini racing cars apart from the original ones is Carlos Sainz's Lancia with repsol (It was on DiRT 3 already)

I think we should focus on asking a decent skins import feature in the game, rather than asking for particular liveries that will be probably hard to use for licensing issues :) .
Make a community-friendly game, and the good content will literally RAIN from talented modders.

PS
just joined, hi to all.

meerkat80 said:
I think we should focus on asking a decent skins import feature in the game, rather than asking for particular liveries that will be probably hard to use for licensing issues :) .
Make a community-friendly game, and the good content will literally RAIN from talented modders.

PS
just joined, hi to all.

Hi,
I totally agree with you (even i like to create liveries) it would be great if they posted the templates of all the cars in the game and let us import them to the game more easily.
But until that is possible, i think we can request liveries,

Devs should take a look to Assetto Corsa, and they should know why that title is most popular nowdays!

Very easy to add liveries (just put there new folders with liveries and some additional .ini files)
Also interesting, but there is showroom to check added contetns. With these two additionals should this DiRT Rally a new breathe to lives longer

That is the way of how Codies should support modders.

Adding a livery is almost as simple as Assetto Corsa thanks to Ryders tools. You open the pssg and replace the dds image with your own and save it. Backup your old one first if you care and that's it. The hardest part and most time consuming part is actually making the livery look good and most people wont do that or don't have the skills or patience, but the capability is there. So unless people want an editor like in Grid, which I wasnt a fan of, then you're not going to get high quality liveries without putting in the work.