Seasons

I have not heard a single word of what "season 1,2, or 3 will contain; nor when it will be released? Anyone know of anything?

It's very strange you don't have an answer to this question!!! Hard earned cash spent for the deluxe version and no details.

I have heard what the seasons are and what they consist of now, just not when they will be released. Each season has 30 events 4 cars and are themed,  like hot hatches ect.

Grid Roadbook is needed ASAP.  Even if it only contains the info on when the seasons will drop, but I am curious about the free content I herd of before launch.

Personally I will proly just come back to the game in 3-6 months and see if they added all the content yet and see what the patches fix.

I like the core game but it does feel like we need the seasons very very very soon.

Wish it had more locations in the base game!

• Agree 1

The game is good, but as you said; they need to add more locations ASAP.  Surprised at the few locations released even when the game was delayed. September was original release. They say the locations will be free for anyone who owns the game, not just the deluxe owners. The events and new cars are what the deluxe version has the advantage of.

Edited by RacingRic

Personally, I hope they don't start the seasons until they fix many of the issues that affect single player (i.e. cockpit view lighting issues, headlights, tone mapping, rewind bugs, flickering/non-functional race displays, overly slippery red/white curbs, etc...) I also understand that people will have a different opinion. Either way, I am enjoying the game and hope they are working to fix these issues which would make the game much more enjoyable to me. 

P.S. I finally prestiged! 🙂

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Changed wording and added a couple additional examples

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, rtsphilly said:

I have not heard a single word of what "season 1,2, or 3 will contain; nor when it will be released? Anyone know of anything?

Hey there 🙂 

Ultimate Edition details were announced pre-launch - Season 1, for example, will include four new cars in the 'Hot Hatch Showdown' pack, new Career events, and a new circuit (the latter being available to all players, Ultimate Edition or not). That's all been talked about 🙂

As for when it'll arrive, or some more details/footage, it's coming. Worth keeping in mind that we are just over two weeks removed from the full launch of the game. The absolute focus has been on working with the players to see how we can make further improvements to the game as quickly as possible, which we're doing through hotfixes and patches. 

All that said, you may want to keep an eye on our next Racing Line update on the Codies Blog this Thursday... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there 🙂 

Ultimate Edition details were announced pre-launch - Season 1, for example, will include four new cars in the 'Hot Hatch Showdown' pack, new Career events, and a new circuit (the latter being available to all players, Ultimate Edition or not). That's all been talked about 🙂

As for when it'll arrive, or some more details/footage, it's coming. Worth keeping in mind that we are just over two weeks removed from the full launch of the game. The absolute focus has been on working with the players to see how we can make further improvements to the game as quickly as possible, which we're doing through hotfixes and patches. 

All that said, you may want to keep an eye on our next Racing Line update on the Codies Blog this Thursday... 

Focus on improvements /bugs /additions like custom lobbies ect and let seasons for later,  extra cars and some tracks are not able to keep players in game for long... 

• Agree 1

As I understand it's only 2 weeks out. Surely you are not still debating and making from scratch which circuits you will release? Letting us know what circuits to look forward to whenever they are rereleased shouldn't be a CIA top secret or anything (LOL)

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there 🙂 

Why not working on bugs, improvements and stuff, before launching the game ? Feels like the game has been rushed in many ways. why not delaying the game (like one or two months) ? 

You basically lost every hope you gave to players. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, RacingRic said:

As I understand it's only 2 weeks out. Surely you are not still debating and making from scratch which circuits you will release? Letting us know what circuits to look forward to whenever they are rereleased shouldn't be a CIA top secret or anything (LOL)

We're not. It's all set. 🙂 

Seems a strange way of trying to sell the deluxe version. Do you want to pay more for the deluxe version? Good, but we won't tell you what you are getting. Should say we are going to take a car category and split that into 3 different championships and then claim that's 12 events rather than one good championship. As for your location folks. Just check out grid autosport as it will be some location from that game. Codemasters today = pay more get less.

5 minutes ago, madcowie said:

Good, but we won't tell you what you are getting. 

Hey there - we are telling you what you're getting; we'll be announcing it at a set date, to all players, at the same time. That's how announcements work 🙂

• Disagree 1

Does this mean were only getting 3 tracks? Thats a major disappointment if its true. 

8 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Does this mean were only getting 3 tracks? Thats a major disappointment if its true. 

And the first track is Yas Marina...

• Agree 1

I would hope that if they were going to launch a game at full price with only 12 locations/tracks/cities, when it's predecessor had 22 locations, that any additional locations added later on would at least be brand new and not just remasters from previous titles. If they only release remasters of previous tracks and still end up with less tracks and cars for Ultimate Edition owners than the previous title had then that is far from ideal and people will probably notice. It's kinda hard to spin it in a positive way where Ultimate Edition = less content than previous titles for more money. That being said, I was having fun with the game until the patch and hope they add TONS more content to make my Ultimate Edition purchase worth it to me. I realize that there is a possibility that we may end up with many more exciting locations and that's definitely something that I want after the bug fixes.

TLDR: Basically, when I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, I didn't think there was a possibility of ending up with so little content and so much missing from previous titles.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Seriously ? Source ?

There are Yas Marina files (in the track_package folder) that have been added in this patch on PC. 

Eand a new circuit (the latter being available to all players, 

A new circuit? Really, one circuit. You are joking right? Was expecting at least three. For all this mess you created with this unfinished game and the problems with the patches you owe us at least 3 extra tracks. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I would hope that if they were going to launch a game at full price with only 12 locations/tracks/cities, when it's predecessor had 22 locations, that any additional locations added later on would at least be brand new and not just remasters from previous titles. If they only release remasters of previous tracks and still end up with less tracks and cars for Ultimate Edition owners than the previous title had then that is far from ideal and people will probably notice. It's kinda hard to spin it in a positive way where Ultimate Edition = less content than previous titles for more money. That being said, I was having fun with the game until the patch and hope they add TONS more content to make my Ultimate Edition purchase worth it to me. I realize that there is a possibility that we may end up with many more exciting locations and that's definitely something that I want after the bug fixes.

TLDR: Basically, when I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, I didn't think there was a possibility of ending up with so little content and so much missing from previous titles.

No mate! So if we are 10 locations missing that means by Season 10 we will have all 22 locations of the previous game! Codemasters dont seem to realize they are gradually driving everyone bloody mad! Bring back the days of BMX simulator!!! (Sorry showing my age but back then they use to make top class budget games! Dont get me wrong ive played and owned pretty much every codemasters driving game except the f1 games as I hate f1 and last years farce of a game that was some sort of multiplayer driving game). But since Dirt Rally 2.0 and Grid are just remasters with less content!

2 hours ago, er185 said:

There are Yas Marina files (in the track_package folder) that have been added in this patch on PC. 

Not one of my favorites.. :classic_wacko:

Good thing in Yas Marina is that in previous GRID games, it had lots of different layouts, that vary dramatically between each other.

Still, only 1 new track per DLC is not something that will impress all the people sitting on the fence...

Its pathetic tbh. We should get a track each month considering how many of them are missing 😕 

• Agree 1

While I am sure there is a cost to using tracks, cars, ect. And i dont know if they carry over to any game codies makes or if its individual, but; they did warn it was bare on tracks before release and although they have had quite a few tracks in previous titles doesnt mean they can necessarily use them in any title. But i am highly disappointed in the track content and hope to see more than just 3 more tracks for the price I paid for premiums pre order. The thing that really ****** me off is when I bought DIRT 2 DELUXE, they never said they would release 3 and 4 and for those LOYAL customers who pre ordered it had to pay MORE than someone who held off and bought the title after 3 nd 4 were released. That is poor customer regard and if it happens in this title, they wont get a 3rd chance to screw me.

Edited by RacingRic
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Its pathetic tbh. We should get a track each month considering how many of them are missing 😕 

And a track a month is a little unrealistic. I dont know of any title of late that has done that.