Seasons

Not really keen on the Yas Marina track. I really hope one of the tracks to be added to the game will be Le Mans or Bathurst, both of which are brilliant to race on.

I wonder if Codemasters will give us some freebie content as a way of apology for the downtime forced on Xbox One gamers with the latest patch/update glitch?

2 hours ago, RacingRic said:

While I am sure there is a cost to using tracks, cars, ect. And i dont know if they carry over to any game codies makes or if its individual, but; they did warn it was bare on tracks before release and although they have had quite a few tracks in previous titles doesnt mean they can necessarily use them in any title. But i am highly disappointed in the track content and hope to see more than just 3 more tracks for the price I paid for premiums pre order. The thing that really ****** me off is when I bought DIRT 2 DELUXE, they never said they would release 3 and 4 and for those LOYAL customers who pre ordered it had to pay MORE than someone who held off and bought the title after 3 nd 4 were released. That is poor customer regard and if it happens in this title, they wont get a 3rd chance to screw me.

This... When you buy the most expensive you dont expect for 4 months later them to say "Ohh no we have ANOTHER season pass you gotta pay for" 

44 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

This... When you buy the most expensive you dont expect for 4 months later them to say "Ohh no we have ANOTHER season pass you gotta pay for" 

EXACTLY

And if you want these 2 EXTRA unannounced seasons you pay FULL price even though you were the ones who PRE ORDERED and had faith in our company. Slap in the face is what it was. I paid 5 dollars more and I was one of the faithful who pre ordered the game. They should have offered it to the deluxe owners for 5 less than everyone else. 

Edited by RacingRic
  • Agree 1

Eventually people will just stop supporting them no matter how good the games they put out are for shady practices like that. I am very close to it myself and have been buying their games since TOCA touring cars on the PS1

Edited by RacingRic
  • Agree 2

Where is the Roadbook update thats meant to be out today talking about updates and such?

Edited by Jay84

On 10/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there 🙂 

Ultimate Edition details were announced pre-launch - Season 1, for example, will include four new cars in the 'Hot Hatch Showdown' pack, new Career events, and a new circuit (the latter being available to all players, Ultimate Edition or not). That's all been talked about 🙂

As for when it'll arrive, or some more details/footage, it's coming. Worth keeping in mind that we are just over two weeks removed from the full launch of the game. The absolute focus has been on working with the players to see how we can make further improvements to the game as quickly as possible, which we're doing through hotfixes and patches. 

All that said, you may want to keep an eye on our next Racing Line update on the Codies Blog this Thursday... 

Its now Friday and still nothing... 

On 10/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, RacingRic said:

While I am sure there is a cost to using tracks, cars, ect. And i dont know if they carry over to any game codies makes or if its individual, but; they did warn it was bare on tracks before release and although they have had quite a few tracks in previous titles doesnt mean they can necessarily use them in any title. But i am highly disappointed in the track content and hope to see more than just 3 more tracks for the price I paid for premiums pre order. The thing that really ****** me off is when I bought DIRT 2 DELUXE, they never said they would release 3 and 4 and for those LOYAL customers who pre ordered it had to pay MORE than someone who held off and bought the title after 3 nd 4 were released. That is poor customer regard and if it happens in this title, they wont get a 3rd chance to screw me.

You didn't pay for track content when you purchased the Grid DX edition, you paid for new vehicles and extra career events - and if Codemasters deliver everything you paid for then you have no reason to be disappointed because you've been repaid in full for your loyalty. With Dirt Rally 2.0 you got exactly what Codemasters said you would get for your version (as did I) and what occurs after your particular version expires is of no significance whatsoever to what you paid for. The only partially valid case for argument would be that Codemasters could have made it a little clearer that the rally content from DR1 would not be fully included within the original s1+s2 passes, thus allowing those that wanted the six locations (and nothing else) the cheaper option to purchase them separately.

Those who preorder or day one purchase anything should already know by now that: (a) they are only doing so for no other reason than to have the opportunity to play said game before everyone else and (b) as demand falters the price of any game will always fall after a few weeks/months, so with those points in mind there can be justifiable grounds for argument from anyone regarding launch costs. The smart cookie no longer buys into the old school 'hey look at me playing xx game before everyone else' mentality (because launch games are way too expensive and way too buggy nowadays), instead he waits a few weeks in order to let things sort themselves out and then takes the game at a far more sensible price. As of today Grid is currently £32.85 and even though any DLC has yet to have been released, if you add in the cost of the season pass to the current price of the game it's not much more expensive than a standard digital copy....so was it really worth the "loyalty" of jumping in from the off or the status of playing it first?

The one thing that does baffle me is that even though you disagreed with Codemasters' policy surrounding the seasons structure with DR2.0 you still chose to preorder Grid - a game with a DLC format that potentially is exactly the same as the one you so openly despised. That makes no sense at all!

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

You didn't pay for track content when you purchased the Grid DX edition, you paid for new vehicles and extra career events - and if Codemasters deliver everything you paid for then you have no reason to be disappointed because you've been repaid in full for your loyalty. With Dirt Rally 2.0 you got exactly what Codemasters said you would get for your version (as did I) and what occurs after your particular version expires is of no significance whatsoever to what you paid for. The only partially valid case for argument would be that Codemasters could have made it a little clearer that the rally content from DR1 would not be fully included within the original s1+s2 passes, thus allowing those that wanted the six locations (and nothing else) the cheaper option to purchase them separately.

Those who preorder or day one purchase anything should already know by now that: (a) they are only doing so for no other reason than to have the opportunity to play said game before everyone else and (b) as demand falters the price of any game will always fall after a few weeks/months, so with those points in mind there can be justifiable grounds for argument from anyone regarding launch costs. The smart cookie no longer buys into the old school 'hey look at me playing xx game before everyone else' mentality (because launch games are way too expensive and way too buggy nowadays), instead he waits a few weeks in order to let things sort themselves out and then takes the game at a far more sensible price. As of today Grid is currently £32.85 and even though any DLC has yet to have been released, if you add in the cost of the season pass to the current price of the game it's not much more expensive than a standard digital copy....so was it really worth the "loyalty" of jumping in from the off or the status of playing it first?

The one thing that does baffle me is that even though you disagreed with Codemasters' policy surrounding the seasons structure with DR2.0 you still chose to preorder Grid - a game with a DLC format that potentially is exactly the same as the one you so openly despised. That makes no sense at all!

You are not half as smart as you think you are. I didnt pre order this game to get 3 days advance play on it. Assuming I did is foolish on your part. I have played CM games probably longer than you have been on this planet and have supported them because 90 percent of their games have been better than any other publishers I have played. I played all the TOCA games, the Garrett and Labonte game, all the Colin dirt games and almost every racing game put out by CM. Almost every one of them was very good. It was because of those experiences over the past 20 years I purchased this and DIRT 2.0. I also bought DIRT when I was still playing on PC as an early access game. I havent found any major bugs in this or DIRT 2.0 and the ones that did arise weren't game breaking and fixed. Project Cars is a game I would not pre order because even after the bugs are found they dont fix them and move on to the next title where most of the same bugs still exist. And I liked the shift and shift 2 games and was why I purchased the 1st PCars. But thanks for your education on how the economy works and had I waited 4 months to play a game I would have known that CM was gonna pull a shady practice and release 3 and 4 which was NEVER mentioned until maybe a few weeks before they did. All the pre release promos said the deluxe version would get ALL DLC. Go back and read that, not we are going to wait 4 months and then announce more DLC.  As far as I know, that was the first time that DLC was not mentioned or included in a season pass sale. Of you can educate me on a title that after 4 months decided to release NEW  DLC not mentioned at all until just prior to release.; feel free to educate me on that also.

Edited by RacingRic

4 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Its now Friday and still nothing... 

We're based in the UK - it's Thursday 🙂

The update I was mentioning goes live in an hour - or check our social channels if you can't wait! 

• Thanks 1

Well its now Friday and nothing really, the announcement was a nothing except tease Paris, no dates, no actual info. why hype?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

Well its now Friday and nothing really, the announcement was a nothing except tease Paris, no dates, no actual info. why hype?

Yes was hoping for at least a release date? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GavinMac said:

I guess they tested the track and found some glitches, so now they are patching it.😜

6 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

I guess they tested the track and found some glitches, so now they are patching it.😜

Come on, we all know they dont test anything before release 🙂

• Like 1

Get ready for a whole SEASON of 1 single dlc lmao. Dirt rally 2 each season is like 6? DLCS. 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, Jay84 said:

Get ready for a whole SEASON of 1 single dlc lmao. Dirt rally 2 each season is like 6? DLCS. 

Can you link us to the road book info please. Sorry can't find it. Cheers pal

• Agree 1

Instead of "events"   I'd really just like a custom offline Championship mode so I can create my own events.   but guess if you did that there would be no option to upsale more "content"

• Agree 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:14 AM, Ronin05 said:

Instead of "events"   I'd really just like a custom offline Championship mode so I can create my own events.   but guess if you did that there would be no option to upsale more "content"

You can in freeplay.  You have the option to choose up to 5 tracks for a series in addition to the car class, and set the laps for each individual track.

13 hours ago, Kaylos29 said:

You can in freeplay.  You have the option to choose up to 5 tracks for a series in addition to the car class, and set the laps for each individual track.

too me 5 races doesn't make a season worth playing.   That's just my preference.

6 hours ago, Ronin05 said:

too me 5 races doesn't make a season worth playing.   That's just my preference.

Fair enough, but its more options than you get in career,  I get what you are getting at though.  An actual season/year long type schedule.