Golf Skin

Maybe it's the one they were able to license. Maybe it's meant to be a throwback to CMR04. Maybe it's because the silver livery is as good as any, that Sony skin doesn't look that special imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, SoobaruTurbo215 said:

I hate that silver. Also nothing special ? If you played Mobil1 British Rally Championship then you will say something different 

agreed that the silver one kinda sucks. but um... basically you're saying that blue one is good because of personal nostalgia? mmm looks very meh to me, but then the mk IV is generally a boring-looking car.

anyways, there are nicer liveries for it out there but they did what they could. at least it's not another 07 Focus.

Not just nostalgia i liked this skin, atleast they should put golf skin from CMR05 😄 when i had cmr04 i liked the car but i dont liked that livery 

• Agree 1

But when they cant make SONY livery , why they not unlock this car for livery modding ??? unlocking of modding means this cars will get more liveries 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoobaruTurbo215 said:

But when they cant make SONY livery , why they not unlock this car for livery modding ??? unlocking of modding means this cars will get more liveries 

Unlocking of modding also means people can access DLC content without purchase.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can we just have a Forza-style livery editor then please? Probably not until the next game in the series, but I’d like to know Codemasters’ thoughts on it nonetheless

18 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

Can we just have a Forza-style livery editor then please? Probably not until the next game in the series, but I’d like to know Codemasters’ thoughts on it nonetheless

No plans to add a livery editor to DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe we should have more decent liveries as official content then? Basically most cars that aren't RX supercars there is one decent livery and the rest are just plain liveries and Dirt 4 generator stuff. I think you could do a lot better than that.

We still have several season skins coming, these could go some way to improving the livery situation IF whoever makes them steps up his game. The green/white one especially is strictly "hi guys this is my first attempt at skinning" category, for paid DLC made by a professional (I'm assuming) it's very low quality. And please make the kind of liveries that look like they belong in a racing car, there is enough with D+ and Season decals already. We know what game we are playing even if it isn't written all over the car.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Why you CMS cant make that SONY livery ? copyright issues? i dont get it,why it not work as GT sport where you can make cutom liveries and upload custom brands to make real liveries ? Also it is not possible to lock every other thing and only textures will be free for acess ?

Honestly I don't care about liveries at all. Focus on new stages and cars instead 😉

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, SoobaruTurbo215 said:

Why you CMS cant make that SONY livery ? copyright issues? i dont get it,why it not work as GT sport where you can make cutom liveries and upload custom brands to make real liveries ? Also it is not possible to lock every other thing and only textures will be free for acess ?

yes, copyright. GT sport and Forza can do that kind of thing because $$$, basically. (correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know...) to have any sponsor all over the places like they do takes a lot of money. for DR2 they cannot afford that kind of a deal with sponsors. so if they want to share a screenshot for social media, they have to get every individual sponsor to agree to it.

1 hour ago, Pioy said:

Honestly I don't care about liveries at all. Focus on new stages and cars instead 😉

As if these were somehow mutually exclusive. Do you have experience of skinning? I mean with something that isn't an in-game livery editor. Let me tell you, it's not rocket science, nor does it require much work compared to something like making a whole new car from scratch.

Edited by HoksuHoo

A livery editor like the new GRID, even with less options, would be a good thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sorry to say, but that's not True.
You don't need to unlock anything just use the same way to pick up .PSSG files, not the .Nefs!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, same with 206,i love silver Total livery,but also i wanted to see ESSO livery with blue lion if you know what livery i mean but yeah 206 silver is good, golf's skin is bad 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, PJTierney said:

had you ever seen project cars 2?  you have an unlocked skin folder but you cannot open the model file... if they can do it, why nobody at codies can?

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

On 10/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, PJTierney said:

People have suggested lots of ways to unlock livery modding without giving acces to the whole files, take a look at what pCARS did, they even gave players the layers for skinning. I want to believe a company such as Codemasters can do it.

PS: This is in no way a meaning of being offensive towards the team nor anything like that.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, SoobaruTurbo215 said:

If CM not want to unlock of for modding then why they cant make these liveries??? 

I explained that to you already. money.

but I would like them at least to make nicer fake liveries

8 hours ago, ianism said:

I explained that to you already. money.

but I would like them at least to make nicer fake liveries

Have Codemasters ever said themselves that the reason some cars are missing official liveries is due to costs?  

Edited by Pieman99