Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tire selection.

The stages in this game are marvelous so far, especially the night stages. I would love a couple longer stages included and the full ability to change your tires and pressures. Monte carlo is famous for its continuously changing weather and road conditions, so it would be nice to be able to use tires of your own choosing, (slicks, studded, winter with studs, wet tarmac, abrasives, heavy gravel, light gravel) etc. Again I'd like to stress that rally cars struggle for grip on launch in snow, gravel, mud and tarmac, especially wet tarmac. Let the cars swivel on launch. 

completely agree with all this, there does need to be a tire choice as part of the service feature, so tyre choice has to be chosen for all the stages you go to before the next service, this would add a level of strategy and realism.

Funny I was having the same thought when I went to sleep last night. Maybe even give us the opportunity to change tires between stages as part of our repair time?

Tire selection is a MUST. Not only Monte, but any loop could be a gamble due to changing weather conditions. What tyres do You run on 4 SS long loop if there is dry gravel on stage 1, but there is 50% it can start raining from stage 3?

Since 2 stages are run before service in the game, with rain predicted in stage 3 or 4 using a soft compound tire would work.