Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crashed into an invisible rock during my esports run.

While I am doing my esports run I crashed an invisible rock cost me a puncture in front right wheel, however I recorded a video showing the accident replay in my esports run :

Sorry for the bad quality.

When I opened the thread I already knew what 'rock' you meant. It's not just the one rock even, there are multiple in that location, should really be fixed! Such a shame, not sure if you even saw my name on the esports boards (Rainbow/maxiemwagenaar) but I was always trying to beat you specifically after you one upped me twice in the first two rounds :P Had a bit of a crash in this round but luckily not as impactful as yours :/

@Maxiemwagenaar actually you upped me in third round with huge gap, keep it up ; )

guess what though in this week i come faster than ever but unlucky than ever as well 🙃

32 minutes ago, mesa said:

'cause worst pacenotes ever released in Dirt's history ...

Not sure about that, I just don’t want to get punished for nothing..

I would like to know if CM is committed to fix pace notes at all.
While 95% of pace notes are good and might be tweaked by changing their time of appearance to match a vehicle (ie traveling speed) there are places which are completely off the rhythm or worse, being indicated when the car enters the particular area. Which is obviously too late.

I suspect we (community) are able to indicate such places. There are really not too many critical ones. But I would like to know if CM is willing to fix them (in this DR iteration). Otherwise reporting them is waste of time.

But the eSports qualifiers have nothing to do with pacenotes really.  Not a the top of the LB at least.  People are just doing min/max practice before their runs totally ignoring the pacenotes.   This is by the looks of it just a stage modeling bug.

18 minutes ago, Maxiemwagenaar said:

I don't understand why people are complaining about pacenotes, we're talking about invisible objects here..

"six right - caution: invisible rocks inside - into ....."