Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally wont run on a more than minimum spec PC

Hello. i just purchased DiRT Rally last week and found out after installing it on my Laptop that it wont run. it gets to the start screen that says DiRT Rally and then nothing else happens, i have already messed with launch options and shortcut/exe properties all while running my computer in maximum performance mode. my computer specs are below and i was just wandering if anyone else is having the same problem and if so then how did you deal with it? i do have a gaming PC but its not available to me right now so my money wont be completely lost if i cant get help, but it would be nice to be able to play this amazing game on my computer because my RBR CD wont work on anything runnning an OS later than windows XP :L, anyway thanks in advance. 

Liam

My PC specs.

manufacturer: Dell 
Model: Vostro 
Series: 3750

Memory: 4GB of DDR3 1600MBS 
Processor: Intel core I5 2430M 2.4GHZ turbo to 3.0
Hard Drive: Wester Digital 300GB 7200RPM 
Graphics unit: Intel HD graphics 3000 with 1652MB of total GDDR4 memory
LiamEXO14 said:
but it says 1GB of  vram and i have more than that, does it matter what version of graphics you have as long as you have the minimum graphics specs?
That's just the amount of VRAM, it has nothing to do with the actual power of your card. It would be likc comparing cars, you can have a hatchback with a 2 litre engine and 150 hp or you can have a hillclimb monster with the same 2 litres but 700 hp, see where i'm going with this?
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived